GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script help for hubby - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help for hubby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: help for hubby

is this the same stuff?

where did you get the first lot that Niddy saw?

Comment

I was advised (by the forum) to send for it I emailed it to Niddy who said it was unenforcable.
      Its a copy of what came the first (and second time - by different companies)
      thanks
      Ali

Comment

I would send off another missing prescribed terms if it is the same stuff, this is how it goes unfortunately, round and round and round until we're all dizzy and it finally becomes SB

Comment

SB?

This debt was sold by MBNA to Arrow Global passed onto Arc Europe and now Rockwell.
          I will send a missing prescribed terms letter
          Thanks
          Ali

Comment

SB means statute barred, when you haven't made any payments or acknowledged that it is your account for 6 years or 5 in Scotland.
            Asking for the agreement or the follow up template letters does not interfere with the count down.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

SB -statute barred.

This is six years in England (five in Scotland) and after this time the creditor can't take you to court.
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Oh thanks for that.
                Not sure which date the statute barred goes from? I presume when Arrow Global was sold the account from MBNA

Thanks again
                Ali

Comment

Hi, SB is not from when the account was sold, unless that was when the last payment was made.

Comment

Oh it goes from the last payment?
                    wow that was a while back. Thats how we found out the account was sold.................. MBNA and my hubby made an agreement that £5 per month would be paid and the interest froze this went on for a few months then hubby didnt get a monthly bill so he rang MBNA to find out why and was told they no longer managed his account. Then Arrow Global got intouch.

Thank you

Comment

any last payment (so your £5 would count)
                      then it's six years from the last one of those.

Comment

Thank you
                        Ali

Comment

Need some advice again please
                          Hubby had letter from Rockwell today which reads as follows

We write in response to your letter dated 11 November.

We can advise upon reciept of your correspondence we referred the matter to our client for investigation. We have been instructed that our client is satisfied that all previous documents sent to you fully comply with the CCA and the debt is therefore, full enforcable. In addition, our client has advised that they sent a letter in March which confirmed this.

Whilst we appreciate this may not be the response you had hoped for, we trust we have made our clients position clear.

We shall be gratreful therefore, if you will provide us with repayment of the outstanding sum within the next 30 days. If you are unable to afford full repayment at this time please complete and return the enclosed financial statement within the above mentioned 30 day period.

What do we do now?

Comment

I'd just do a one liner referring them to your prescribed terms letter and point out the points have not been addressed.

Comment

Originally posted by ali2012 View Post
                              Need some advice again please
                              Hubby had letter from Rockwell today which reads as follows

We write in response to your letter dated 11 November.

We can advise upon reciept of your correspondence we referred the matter to our client for investigation. We have been instructed that our client is satisfied that all previous documents sent to you fully comply with the CCA and the debt is therefore, full enforcable. In addition, our client has advised that they sent a letter in March which confirmed this.

Whilst we appreciate this may not be the response you had hoped for, we trust we have made our clients position clear.

We shall be gratreful therefore, if you will provide us with repayment of the outstanding sum within the next 30 days. If you are unable to afford full repayment at this time please complete and return the enclosed financial statement within the above mentioned 30 day period.

What do we do now?
                              Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                              I'd just do a one liner referring them to your prescribed terms letter and point out the points have not been addressed.
                              And wait until after Christmas too reply...........

Comment

I will do a letter tonight and date it 27th Dec and post it then, thank you is something like....

I refer once again to my letter dated ??/??/?? and note you have not noted its full contents.

ok?

Thanks again
                                Ali

Comment

Working...
                                X