GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script help for hubby - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help for hubby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: help for hubby

Just had a quick read through the missing prescribed trems and am a little confused because they have sent a photocopy of the agreement & trems & conditions??

ssorry to be a pain this is all way out of my level
    thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by ali2012 View Post
      Just had a quick read through the missing prescribed trems and am a little confused because they have sent a photocopy of the agreement & trems & conditions??

ssorry to be a pain this is all way out of my level
      thanks in advance
      Just had a read of your thread...it's hard for me to say having not seen the CCA

CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms
      CCA Query - Application Form Received
      CCA Query - Terms & Conditions Received
      CCA Query - Copy Document Received
      CCA Query - Forged Document Received

See which one fits the bill......
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I know Niddy said it was unenforceable at the time ( not sure on what grounds)
        im more confused than ever now as to what to reply to them with

Comment

As I2D says, it will depend on what they sent you.

They have to send Original terms and current terms along with a copy of your agreement and a statement of account.

Did Niddy say why it was unenforcable

Comment

right here is what Niddy explained ( on page two of the thread)

On the terms, very bottom right hand side right after the word "Transactions" you see 03/00 - 0 which is Terms from March 2000 issue 0 (ie original set)

On the agreement, very bottom right corner but up the side, it reads AH-05-00 which means the agreement is from May 2000. Now they may well have used those terms but the fact is as your hubby signed for this at a bike show we both know he never read them nor was he presented a copy to retain at the point of sale - thus this is unenforceable based on lack of prescribed terms.

what is a statement of account?

Comment

As I2D says, send missing prescribed terms.

Statement of account is just that. A statement of the account as it stands at the time of the CCA
              Last edited by vint1954; 30 January 2013, 21:43.

Comment

right I will send one off straight away
                thanks for the help
                like I said
                its not my debt and its way way out of my league
                thanks again
                Ali

Comment

Hubby had a letter from Arc Europe again today in nresponse to the 'missing prescribed terms he sent it reads as follows

'Whilst we note the comments in your letter we are instructed the documents our client sent in March 2012 following your documentrequest are valid. We also sent you a copy of your Agreement and the Terms and Conditions. You may want to seek independant legal advice on this matter
                  We are instructed that the above balance remains outstanding and must be paid. Please therefore provide us with a full statement clearly showing your financial situation with your incomings and outgoings and list of creditors with your token offer of payment. '

it then goes on to provide information on free debt management compainires and Citizens Advice etc.

They end the letter once again with the
                  ' wWe wish to make it quite clear that unless a payment is made to ud within the next 14 days, along with a firm offer to clear the rest of the overdue balance, we will have to notify our client that we do not have a repayment arrangement with you and in those circumstances we will obtain our clients instruction on what furthur action they want us to take to recover this debt.

What should he do now?
                  Is it time to panic?

Comment

certainly not

I would be sending them a one liner referring them to missings PTs letter, as they have obviously not read it.

no panic

Comment

PT ?

Comment

sorry didnt finsih what I wanted to put
                        what should we do? send them something else?

Comment

'PT' is prescribed terms, that is, the information which should have been on the agreement, but wasn't.

Send a one liner referring to the missing prescribed terms letter. Just something like -

Dear Sirs,

I am in receipt of your letter of xxth January 2013. In response, I refer you to my letter of xxth January 2013.

Yours Faithfully,

The first date should be the date on their latest idiotic letter, and the second one the date on your own missing prescribed terms letter.

SH

Comment

Ok I will get onto it straight away

I take it all this is the usual thing that happens
                            ( all new to me and a bit un nerving)
                            Thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by ali2012 View Post
                              I take it all this is the usual thing that happens
                              Yes, this is exactly what usually happens. Debt collectors will nearly always say that they have sent the paperwork, so pay up. When you tell them that it is not compliant, they will just ignore the issue and still demand money. It then degenerates into a pantomime situation where they keep saying it is, and you keep saying it isn't.

SH

Comment

Ok thanks
                                I will try and keep that in mind

Comment

Working...
                                X