GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script help for hubby - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help for hubby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: help for hubby

I know it's frustrating but try to ignore calls you don't recognise / withheld numbers for a while till they stop calling.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

It could be that he has put the number on something that has registered it somewhere, or they have just chanced their luck on a name with a number registered to it,
      just note the number they called on and if possible block it, or try and ignore it, I tend to put a line at the bottom of any letters I send stating that all correspondence is to be in writing only,
      if they continue to call send the Harassment by phone template ,http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...t-by-telephone
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Your number will have been passed on when MBNA sold the account.

Before they sold mine, I deliberately logged on and changed the registered numbers
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you both,
          I have noted the number and now have caller id display activated on the phone
          I will send the harrassment letter if they call again ( from a different number)
          Thanks
          again

Comment

Oscar weve only had this number around 18 months its a different one we had when MBNA were involved, which makes it all the more puzzling ( were careful where we put it now and mostly used mobile numbers.
            thanks though

Comment

Originally posted by ali2012 View Post
              Oscar weve only had this number around 18 months its a different one we had when MBNA were involved, which makes it all the more puzzling ( were careful where we put it now and mostly used mobile numbers.
              thanks though
              They have a number catch system. If you happen to have called them, it autolinks to your account.

Other than that's - PASS!! lol

Comment

thanks ill pass lol

Comment

They have phoned once a day for the past few days so im sending the harrassment by telephone letter tomorrow

Comment

The harrassment by phone letter was sent and recieved by them on the 27/10 but we are still getting at least 1 call a day from then ( mostly 2 even on saturdays) we havent spoken to them we leave the phone go onto the answer machine and I can recognise the 2 numbers they use. Do we just wait until they are fed up with phoning ?

Thanks
                    Ali

Comment

Have you kept a log of the time and dates that they phoned you, if so send a letter pointing out that they received and signed for your letter saying you did not want contacting by phone ,but they still are, enclose the list of times and dates and point out that if they continue you may be forced to take it further. x

Comment

Yes we have kept a log, I will send them a letter
                        Thank You Nightwatch

Comment

You need to send this - http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...hone-follow-up
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy.
                            sorry ali send what Niddy suggests.
                            I never used that one coz I always state at the bottom of any letter that I request no communication by phone , written only, and that any calls will be recorded and logged by date and time.
                            I then send a copy of the call log if they continue, have had a few quid back doing this. xx NW

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                              Thanks Niddy.
                              sorry ali send what Niddy suggests.
                              I never used that one coz I always state at the bottom of any letter that I request no communication by phone , written only, and that any calls will be recorded and logged by date and time.
                              I then send a copy of the call log if they continue, have had a few quid back doing this. xx NW
                              It's 6 of one, half a dozen - no right / wrong way really

Comment

Ive sent them the letter Niddy suggested, they recieved it on Monday and so far weve only had one call off them since
                                Thank You

Comment

Working...
                                X