GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script help for hubby - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help for hubby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: help for hubby

Did you get my email with the attatched letter Niddy ?
    Thanks
    Ali2012

Comment

Thank You I will have a read about the 'what to do when your account is assigned' heres a gist of the letter
      Debt owed to Arrow Global
      Assigned by MBNA
      they acknowledge his request for the cca documantation but the do not accept that they are the creditor however they are willing to assist in obtaining that which has been requested they will process the request with the creditor and revert in due course
      they confirm that all collection activity will be suspended pending provision of the documants
      they returned my £1 cheque

ive had a look at the page about assigned accounts and have to say hubby has still not had any notice from MBNA that his account was being passed on, but the other letter on show is more or less the same as what he recieved earlier in the week from Arrow

thanks again
      Ali2012

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
        MBNA only contact me every Xmas
        That's nice.

What did you give them last year?

Comment

ok thank you I will wait and see what they next contact us with. Hopefully we will be kept informed but like you say no news is good news
          Ali2012

Comment

Originally posted by ali2012 View Post
            Did you get my email with the attatched letter Niddy ?
            Thanks
            Ali2012
            yep sorry for the delay - just ignore this for now..... wait for the CCA
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Just an update - Hubby recieved a copy of his CCA (obtained by Arrow Global from MBNA) its exactly the same as the one MBNA sent to him apart from on the upper left corner there is a bar code which is different on both copies???
              An accompanying letter states that they are still awaiting copies of statements and collection activity will remain on hold pending the provision of them.

Any advice please
              thanks
              ali 2012

Comment

I'd just wait and see what else they send

Comment

Just wondered seeing as the bar codes are different

thanks
                  Ali2012

Comment

thats immaterial in every sense
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      thats immaterial in every sense
                      maybe not. MBNA used to use a barcode for every application. Would depend on how the barcode looks, and if there is a number directly below it. Would possibly look like a sticky label (if it's what I am thinking)
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                        maybe not. MBNA used to use a barcode for every application. Would depend on how the barcode looks, and if there is a number directly below it. Would possibly look like a sticky label (if it's what I am thinking)
                        yep exactly mate (ie it is a sticker style thing in the top corner) buuuuuut it does not affect enforceability- remember they can recon from other sources (ie other applications etc).

This is already UE so the barcode is immaterial as it holds no legal value other than to say "its different" to which they'll say "it's a recon that's why".

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          This is already UE so the barcode is immaterial as it holds no legal value other than to say "its different" to which they'll say "it's a recon that's why".
                          or it could be a completely different application belonging to a different customer. Didnt think they could recon by deleting one persons details and adding another!!
                          Last edited by oscar; 4 April 2012, 13:00.
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I'm explicitly suggesting they used a previous or later app from same customer.

Point is that in itself only adds to the argument it's a recon which we know. I've seen mbna say they've added a new sticker at card change or sale of debt so not immaterial then. Let's call it additional to the main breaches that make it ue

Cheers mate

Comment

Thanks for the replies yes they are both stickers ( it seems to be a photocopy of the form though nothing else is different at all apart from the sticker barcode)
                              Thanks
                              Ali 2012

Comment

HELP!!!
                                Hubby has just recieved a letter from a company named ARCEUROPE ltd
                                they state that the account remains unpaid and has now been passed to them for collection.
                                and
                                'We wish to make it clear that unless a substantial payment is made to us within the next 10 days along with a firm offer to clear the rest of the overdue balance, we will have to notify our client that we do not have a repayment arrangement with you and in those circumstances we will obtain our clients instructions on what furthur action they want us to take to recover this debt. We therefore sugest that it is very much in your interest to call us immediately after you recieve this letter.'

then states not to ignore this letter or the time limits they have referred to.

What do we do?
                                we still havent got the money to pay
                                thanks in advance
                                Ali2012

Comment

Working...
                                X