GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script help for hubby - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help for hubby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: help for hubby

Hubby sent off the UE letter and today Rockwell have replied with a letter saying
    relating to the section 61-(1)(a) whereby the Act advised the form itself should be signed by both debtor and creditor. Whilst a signature of the creditor is not present on the agreement provided to you; this maybe a copy of the document when it was first signed by you and scanned to our clients systems. The lenders signature may have been added at any time prior to the facility being granted. Furthermore, the agreement was signed by yourself, agreeing to the Terms & Conditions also supplied to you. The card facility was issued to you and used by you. Given this, I cannot agree with your comments and can only conclude you have acknowledged the debt.
    As such, we advise again that we consider that this matter has been fully responded to and as such, we will not be entering into furthur correspondance ont his matter

They go on to give detail on how to pay and for Hubby to fill in the financial statement

What should we do now?
    Thanks in advance
    Ali

Comment

Niddy has already said that this is UE, it is also an unexecuted agreement. Once again UE. Don't fill in their forms. They have said that they will not enter into any further correspondence. Ignore!

Comment

Originally posted by ali2012 View Post
        Hubby sent off the UE letter and today Rockwell have replied with a letter saying
        relating to the section 61-(1)(a) whereby the Act advised the form itself should be signed by both debtor and creditor. Whilst a signature of the creditor is not present on the agreement provided to you; this maybe a copy of the document when it was first signed by you and scanned to our clients systems. The lenders signature may have been added at any time prior to the facility being granted. Furthermore, the agreement was signed by yourself, agreeing to the Terms & Conditions also supplied to you. The card facility was issued to you and used by you. Given this, I cannot agree with your comments and can only conclude you have acknowledged the debt.
        As such, we advise again that we consider that this matter has been fully responded to and as such, we will not be entering into furthur correspondance ont his matter

They go on to give detail on how to pay and for Hubby to fill in the financial statement

What should we do now?
        Thanks in advance
        Ali
        Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
        Niddy has already said that this is UE, it is also an unexecuted agreement. Once again UE. Don't fill in their forms. They have said that they will not enter into any further correspondence. Ignore!
        Might be an idea to send this
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you,
          I think we will go for the ignore option because
          although they say its there last response on the matter, thye keep writing.
          Deepie the 'final response - UE' letter is what they were replying to, thanks
          Ali

Comment

Had a letter now from a company called FentonCooper (who I believe are owned by the Tessera Credit Group who also own Rockwell)
            It says the account has been passed to them because no arrangement was made to pay Rockwell. It says they are now instruxted to deal with the account on behalf of ArrowGlobal.
            Please do not ignore this letter and to call them or contact them by email or post.
            What is the best thing to do?
            Thanks in advance
            Ali

Comment

I had the same letter last month, somehow I forgot to reply, what a pity, don't panic and just wait and see what comes next, enjoy your weekend x
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank You
                x

Comment

Hiya All,
                  Had a letter today from Arrow Global saying that they have transferred the account to Debt Managers (Services) Ltd.

It gives a summary of the account ( original agreement, amount etc)

it says we should contact Debt Managers Ltd in future

I imagine hubby should just sit tight and not contact them?
                  I havent heard of this company has anyone else
                  and is this normally what debt collection agency's do?
                  Thanks in advance

Comment

I've heard of them.

Yes, it is perfectly normal to assign alleged debts to other collection agencies. It can either be an absolute assignment, in which case the account is sold and now belongs to the new agency, or an equitable assignment, in which case the new agency is simply attempting to collect on behalf of the old one, who retain ownership. It not possible from their use of the word “transferred” to know which type this is.

I would just wait for Debt (Mis)managers to fire the first shot before responding. The most likely response will be the famous “Sold Whilst In Dispute” letter.

SH

Comment

I had an account passed to DM Ltd, I sent the sold in dispute letter and never heard a word off them again.
                      As SH says wait and see what comes next xx

Comment

most polite DCA I've ever dealt with, and I have dealt with a few.............as NW says, they piss off really quickly

Comment

Thank you both.
                          We will see what comes next

Comment

Had a letter today from debt managers ltd. It says as you ave been advised the account has been referred to them and all paymements should be made to them and it has a bank paying in slip attatched. Should we reply with anything?
                            Thanks in advance
                            Ali

Comment

Either ignore or send this letter http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...in-cca-dispute . DM are usually one of the easier ones to get rid of!

Comment

Thank you. Will send one tomorrow
                                Ali

Comment

Working...
                                X