F and Fs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F and Fs

I am not going UE but on a DMP with Payplan, however I have manged to get 3 F and Fs since starting 15 months ago and am down from £54k to £32k in overall debt. The 3 that played ball were MBNA x2 (both dealt at 37%), negotiated by letter and phone and Opus (dealt at 20%) which was my in initial offer!
    None of these 3 had been sold to DCAs.
    Am looking at Egg next, have had loose converstaions with them around the 40%, we'll see as they are now Barclaycard- not exactly famous for doing a deal.
    Cheers. PP

Re: F and Fs

We had an OP on here got 2K for 10K from Egg Prof, always start low around 18/20%, you can always go up but its a bit difficult to come down!

Good luck Nice to see you here.

Comment

Hi Prof,

We got 10% on £9.5K from Sharkleys, then they woke up and realised what they had (not) done and got a nasty rap on the knuckles with the case law from our sols.

I would always start low now, you can go up in negotiation but not as easy to go down.

regards
      Garlok

Comment

Cheers guys, trouble is as I'm not going UE, I have no leverage, I started all 3 at 20%. Good to see Egg will play, cheers. PP

Comment

We didn't mate, ours was a business overdraft and the remnants of a business loan, all fully serviced and up to date at the time but we had found that we could not trust the B*****DS once our legitimate disputes over the cards had been running for a while.

They just took monies as they pleased even when the cards were fully up to date and then they committed what is essentially a criminal act, allegations which are still open and they have failed to refute after two years. We asked our sols to sort it and get the accounts closed which they did.

They have subsequently "tried it on" but have received a nasty rap over the knuckles with the case law and if they try again they will make me and my sols a lot richer than we are at present.

regards
          Garlok

Comment

Working...
          X