GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Tesco Loan - Default - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tesco Loan - Default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesco Loan - Default

Hello
    A couple of years ago my husband got some great advice from Niddy but i am hoping for a bit more reassurance/advice if possible please?
    Our circumstances are: In about 2009 we started a DMP with Payplan. After redundancy end of 2011 we offered and settled on two of the three debts. However Tesco Bank refused to even negotiate so we reduced to £1 a month. After about 6 months they still would not negotiate a settlement and it was then that Niddy advised us to stop payment altogether. We waited for the bombshell but for over 2 years all we get is the annual default notice and nothing else. We hoped they would sell the debt on but so far nothing has happened.
    Now we know it won't just go away but my question is this.
    The Tesco default notice went on November 2010. As the 6 year point approaches are we more likely to hear from them or is that irrelevant? We feel like we are looking over our shoulders and wonder if we need to do anything else now? The debt at the time was approx £21000 the largest by far of our debts. It is definitely enforceable.
    if anyone can advise us I'd be very grateful.
    thank you
    PS the debt is in my husbands name

Re: Tesco Loan - Default

if i had a crystal ball, I could tell you but I don't so I can't unfortunately

If you haven't heard and they aren't saying anything, I would just keep my head down. If they do threaten anything then of course, pop on here quick so that we can see what they are up to.

all debts are different, different debts with the same company, lots of different outcomes, so it is impossible to second guess what goes on in their wee heads!

did Niddy have a look at the paperwork way back then and pronounce it enforceable? or someone else or did they just tell you that? Did you ask for a CCA at any time?

if you did, when and what did they produce?

sorry for all the questions, but this is whopper so we need to be careful. but try not to worry, so far so good.............

Comment

Thank you so much for your reply. I suppose I suspected there was nothing we could do. Yes we got a copy of the original agreement and Niddy kindly looked at it for us. I suppose we expected them to come back at us straight away so it's strange living with the unknown but that's the way it is.
      Was it wise for me to put the name of our creditor on here? Do they look at these forums or have I completely lost the plot due to my paranoia!

Comment

don't worry no doubt some daft nosey parkers look on here for info, but we're very careful about security and you haven't given anything away really, imagine how many folks have a debt to tesco.............

it's the way of UE, it's a long wait, but as long as no one is threatening anything, you'll just need to wait.................

Comment

As MrsD says - just sit tight. If you get hassled then of course let us know.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Hi

Is everything still ok with this....
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X