GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script £45 debt = £280 default?? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

£45 debt = £280 default??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• £45 debt = £280 default??

Hey all.. Just been looking at a mate's credit file, and she has fresh default from Orange..

Now, as far as I can tell, her balance was ~£45 and she missed a payment.. The next month was £140, and the month after, £250ish..

Still waiting on paperwork to clarify, but she is quite sure that her bill was under £50, and when it suddenly had these charges applied, she removed SIM and used a PAYG..

Anyway, my question is this:

In my years of seeking default removal methods I recall seeing various references to cases where if the majority of debt is interest/charges the default is defunct and can be removed, or something to that effect - I didnt really soak it in because it wasnt applicable to me.

If the paperwork does turn out to clarify what she believes, what do we do to rectify the matter?

The debt is now settled (f+f reduced settlement by her dad who wouldnt grasp the.concept of writing to them, thought he knew best, rang DCA and paid over phone! Grrrr..).

Re: £45 debt = £280 default??

Could be due to contract termination charges.??
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I did think that explained one sharp increase, but two in a row (assuming the above is all correct)?

Thanks

Comment

Ive never known a phone contract to add charges on default.

What i have known them to do, is add monthly charges on to a contract thats been ended early. So if you pay £35 per month, you miss a payment, they bill you the next month and the next until they default and terminate the contract, you would have a default of £35 x 3 months.

How much was you paying per month? were you on contract? when was it due to end? did you have any extra charges like internet data etc? We need to establish if it is indeed charges for something or a mistake.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I wish I new the answers for sure, but until she gets her paperwork back from DMP, or SARs them I dont know for sure.

Looking at previous balance history her bill usually between £35 - £50 per month consistently, then it suddenly jumps to over £100, then next month over £250 and I am pretty confident neither of these were due to her usage.

cheers.

Comment

Working...
          X