GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script 1st Credit HBOS - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Credit HBOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Credit HBOS

As part of my playing silly buggers with 1st Credit who bought an HBOS current account I told them to do their worst as I am not working and in shit loads of debt as well as a little crazy.
    They have now written back wanting a Dr's letter and an I&E.
    The I&E they can whistle for but the Dr's letter has some stuff in their about conditions that is not for public consumption

Part of the issue is that they sent me statements showing an owing balance of £0 from c 2012 and when I queried it they claimed it was an accounting tool used before a sale. Well they didn't buy the thing until 2014 and HBOS hadn't sold it to anyone else.

Any thoughts
    I was thinking of sending a redacted copy of the GP's letter but nothing else although I do have a letter showing my ESA from July 1 2015

Any thoughts

Re: 1st Credit HBOS

1st Credit will not negotiate without an I&E - they are one of the few DCA's that actively follow and adhere to the FCA rules so they are right to ask for one - all DCA's should request an I&E prior to any negotiation.

As for providing them info, I'd do it - they are ok in that if you're skint and prove it within the I&E then they'll give you a break / back off a bit. But no I&E will only cause you more hassle and likely a claim as well. The statement showing £0 won't matter, they can issue a revised statement with the real balance at any point and an error wouldn't stand in court either.

So really, you might be best being honest with them and playing ball - they will then treat you ok.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: 1st Credit HBOS

Originally posted by Pat View Post
      I told them to do their worst as I am not working and in shit loads of debt as well as a little crazy.

. . . . I was thinking of sending a redacted copy of the GP's letter but nothing else although I do have a letter showing my ESA from July 1 2015
      I can write them a letter to confirm that you're a little crazy if you want

In the meantime the ESA proof should be ok. If that's not enough to convince them then maybe a new letter from your GP will help.

Comment

Working...
      X