GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script searches on credit files by DCA's - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

searches on credit files by DCA's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• searches on credit files by DCA's

I have a question regarding a 10 year old debt of my wifes.

a wonderful DCA who took ownership of an old bank debt of the wifes have been searching her credit file every month for the last year, the seaches are classed as unrecorded entries.

iam sure its lowells but i will have to dig the last letter out, we have also been getting letters saying they have been monotoring my wifes credit file and know she is in a position to pay the debt etc.

They have been told twice now by letter that the debt is statute barred, but have not replied.

they got another DCA to chase the debt two weeks ago, which we fired off the SB template, we had a response saying they will pass back to lowells.

what can we do ? is all of this searching of credit files allowed 4 years after a debt drops off my wifes credit file ?

they are so sneaky that they searched all previous properties, then associate searched me when we had a financial association around a year ago, then got her new surname and started bombarding letters at her in her new name.

I know the debt is outstanding and that wont change, but fk me 10 years old ? and they are searching her credit report every month...

what should we do ?
    Last edited by koni; 7 February 2011, 22:50.

Re: searches on credit files by DCA's

Have a look at this thread, it may help--> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=99

Comment

thanks,

i have noticed its 1st credit not lowells.

Comment

It has no effect. Nobody other than your wife sees unrecorded enquiries mate.

Don't stress, you're doing the right thing with statute barred. Lowell is notorious for ignoring such claims. Ignore them. You've sent it, now you have proof from this other dca, then ignore em. Let em take her to court - wipe the floor with them!! Easiest defence ever - it's statute barred m'lord!! Lol

Imagine it..... Comical.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X