Bls.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bls.

DH recevied a letter today from BLS, bit of background we have 2 UE's with Lloyds tsb and this letter wa reference to a loan (it was a consolidation / new loan)

When we took out this loan it was when I was very sick with the big C, and unable to work... I was also off because I was pregnant and everything happened at once (not a nice time) so we maxed out CC paying our bills and had a small loan at the time with TSB.

Roll on when DH owed some back taxs (dont see how as he is a PAYE employee but thats a different matter) and the CSA calculated some back charges and were threatening all sorts the CSA suggested we get a loan (which now i know was illegal for them to even suggest)

So we called up TSB and told them our circumstances, I wasn't earning, DHs salary was streteched etc. So they lent us all together 10k which paid off the old loan of Xk and gave us what we needed to pay rent, CSA, back tax.

BUT like TSB is they are slimey they said we will give you this but your high risk so the interest rate will be 18% yeah almost as bad as a fookin loan shark! THEY KNEW we couldn't afford this loan they leant anyway.

Fastforward to late 2010- - We went to the CAB and organised a repayment plan litterally they managed to give all our criedtors between 10-15.00 a month this incl the 2 CCs that were UE. So we paid the loan and the OD back (not the cards) . (thanks Niddy x)

Well TSB then just sent the info to the DCAS JUST as a repayment plan was accepted therefore I had to start all over again. The OD I organised at 30.00 a month and the loan well they just never contacted us didn't know who held it etc.

TODAY I get a letter that says:

We can only assume due to your lack of contact that you have no intention in paying this debt on a voluntary basis. If you dont contact us on the above within 14 days you will force us to commence legal action against you. This will result in additional fees of 290.00 at a minimum.

if a CCJ is obtained and you fall into arrears we are likely to ask the court to enforce the judgement in one of the following:

Warrent of Execution
    AOE
    CO.

we are determined that this debt will be repaid preferably by mutual agreement, but if not the action described is what we will take.

Contact us.....

Satan.

Now, I have no problem TRYING again to set up a repayment plan but i kinda begrudge it as they are the ones who were irresponsible in their lending. and ive always had this problem they took advantage of us, when we were low.

But is the best course of action to deal with BLS direct? and how do I go about this? APEX were really nice about the whole thing with the OD and Ijust don't see BLS being the same.

Opinons welcomed

Re: Bls.

Don't know what to suggest Jen (I can't seem to put a coherent thought together at the moment).

Lloyds TSB were definitely irresponsible in lending you quite a large amount knowing what your circumstances were.

Probably best to wait for Niddy to sober up come online and see what he suggests.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Why do these companies think that they’ve got a the right to be cheeky, Ignorant Bullying Bas**rds sending threatening letters like that.
      C’mon Jen do a Speedy Gonzales and get the payment to them immediately.

Gerry x

Comment

Jen

If this is for a loan, regardless of the start date send £1 and get the CCA - it stops them taking action and gives us time to fight them away, hoping they'll sell it elsewhere......

Do that for now, to buy time!
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by pixiechick View Post
          Probably best to wait for Niddy to sober up come online and see what he suggests.
          Ahem - Niddy is always sober

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            Ahem - Niddy is always sober

Niddy there's someone waiting for you over at the chat...

Gerry x

Comment

Originally posted by Gerry View Post
              Niddy there's someone waiting for you over at the chat...

Gerry x
              what do you mean> lol

( http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...&postcount=557 )
              Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 28 January 2011, 11:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                Sorry meant to say niddy the nurse....

Just sent you some good news...

Comment

Working...
                X