GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CPP - Who are they. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CPP - Who are they.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPP - Who are they.

I've had a letter from an organisation who state that I may be entitled to compensation for my card and/or identify protection policy.

At first, I thought this was just another claims management company scam, but now I'm not so sure. It may be genuine and I think it refers to a Lloyds TSB credit card I had which is in dispute. This account is one that I'm not paying and in December it will become statue barred. It's been sold to Capquest.

Has anyone else had a letter like this and is it genuine?

Cheers.

Fred

Re: CPP - Who are they.

Here is a link to the BBC website running a story on this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23791252

But before you go putting in a claim, it may be the case that any compensation due would simply be used to reduce the balance on the card.

Please wait for someone more knowledgeable to pop along and give you some more guidance before doing anything
    If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Also a thread here ------> CPP??
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
        Here is a link to the BBC website running a story on this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23791252

But before you go putting in a claim, it may be the case that any compensation due would simply be used to reduce the balance on the card.

Please wait for someone more knowledgeable to pop along and give you some more guidance before doing anything
        Thanks for that. My worry is that I think this relates to a Lloyds TSB credit card account which I am not paying. It is only 4 months away from being statute barred. What I don't want is to claim this then somehow find I've admitted the credit card debt. I think I'll let sleeping dogs lie for the time being and see what happens in 2014.

Cheers.

Fred

Comment

I would wait until statute barred, then put in the reclaim.

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
            I would wait until statute barred, then put in the reclaim.
            Cheers. That's what I'm going to do.

Comment

All the Latest News on AAD Forum News and Blog about CCP - click HERE
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
              X