Lowell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell

How often do these lot just have a look see at peoples credit files for no other reason than they can and perhaps to have a laugh at the mess we are in?

Concerned they had an unrecorded enquiry last month on Experian. They dont own (presently) any debt with us so cant use that as an excuse to be having a peak.

Last time this happened it was Marlin and 2 months later one of our debts was sold to them.

Re: Lowell

These used to constantly search my file all the time until they sold my debt on.

Comment

Cabot do that and leave debt markers, I believe that it's a form of harassment.

Comment

Had a call from Lowell this morning from a mobile, and caught me unawares.....

No....... 07900742229

This is the first time I've known Lowell use a mobile....

MBNA called me a few times from a mobile....
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post

No....... 07900742229

Yeah thats naughty - I also wonder where that places them legally as how then are they able to show regulators their 'calling activity' and that they are complying with regulation
          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

If the mobile number is a company mobile they can trace all calls. However, if the mobile is a personal one belonging to the caller, they could only record it if the caller presents the company with a a bill for the calls detailing the numbers called, and that detail is added to your file with them.

All the companies do it. They also use Irish numbers and I expect they also redirect from other offshore centres, especially those that come up with no number.

They would not be in the business if they were honorable, would they?

Comment

what annoys me is the withheld calls, plainly harassment because 9 times out of 10 they leave no message, its obviously a DCA, or even when they do leave a message and the number is with held.

Comment

No....... 07900742229

Just had another call from.......07900742223

When she ask for me ....I said nobody here of that name

She said.....OK Thanks I'll remove the number from are system......

Comment

She must be new...

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                    She must be new...
                    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Just had another call from.......07900742223

When she ask for me ....I said nobody here of that name

She said.....OK Thanks I'll remove the number from are system......
                      07900 is what used to be a Vodafone Gold number (ie the digits could be sequential; 123456 etc) or spell a name on a phone handset! Not sure if its the same but usually they're owned by companies/corporate accounts.
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X