GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lowell Offer - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowell Offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Offer

Hi All,

OK - Dad has a Cap1 Mastercard - with Lowell Had it checked by Niddy and its enforceable.

Agreed with Lowell in writing and have been paying £25 per month by standing order all thanks to the templates and standing firm on the way he paid them

All going fine then - on time, statements come in and no issues at all.

Out of the blue get a letter saying that if payments are increased to £30 per month then the total balance with be reduced by 10% and if the payments are increased to £35 per month the balance oweed will reduce by 20%.

On an enforceable debt - sounds ok. and bearing in mind the balance owed is around £14.5k its tempting.

BUT - the rule of not calling these people is very important and I don't want to get on the phone and have anything possibly agreed or then try weasling information out of me.

I wrote to them and the just want me to call them.

Anyone else receive this offer??

Re: Lowell Offer

Don't accept it. The offer is fine to that DCA, but accounts transfer between DCA's like wildfire. I would never risk accepting any such offer, certainly not via phone anyway.

Just carry on paying, I would. If you can get a few grand (maybe 3-4) then consider a F&F otherwise maybe look at continuance of the agreed amount per month.....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X