GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Is it silly season for the DCA's? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it silly season for the DCA's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it silly season for the DCA's?

I have just had a letter - supposedly from Amex - saying that they have transferred one of my old Amex credit card accounts to Vil Collections. Amount outstanding is posted as blank.

Nothing unusual about this apart from the fact that they admitted over three years ago that they do not have an agreement or terms and conditions for this account, because "it is too old".

I know they do not have an agreement, because at the time I applied for a green credit card, they wrote back and said "as I am eligible for a gold card, why don't I go for that instead. Phone xxxxx if you want to change to gold". I phoned xxxxx and said OK I will have a gold one instead of a green one, and they sent me one - just on my sayso over the phone. So no application or T&C's or agreement for it, yet they have decided now after over three years, that I must have forgotten what they said.

Oh well, I suppose it will have to start all over again.

Alan

Re: Is it silly season for the DCA's?

It's silly season for DCAs all 12 months of the year.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Is it silly season for the DCA's?

Originally posted by alangee View Post
      I have just had a letter - supposedly from Amex - saying that they have transferred one of my old Amex credit card accounts to Vil Collections. Amount outstanding is posted as blank.
      I would be tempted to write, without prejudice, offering to clear the outstanding balance of zero straight away. Don't forget to ask them if they'd like cash or a cheque.

Regards.

Fred

Comment

Working...
      X