GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Sold on bank account - Cabot - DCA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sold on bank account - Cabot - DCA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold on bank account - Cabot - DCA

Morning folks..
    I have a question regarding a bank account that was sold on by Barclays around 2008-09 with a balance of £1300 ( all charges + Direct debits that were not cancelled when requested )
    Currently with Cabot for the last year or so going back and forth waiting for paperwork , they keep saying they are waiting documentation from OC but this never appears.
    I believe that Cabot have just bought the debt cheaply and they are so confused now as to my orignal requests they have forgotten what they are doing of course I am not going to say what I want just that I am awaiting paperwork as per there last letter. I have also told them account in dispute send back to OC.See below for action taken so far.
    • I have send letters to Barclays claiming back charges of £2300 from six years back on this account but they refused.
    • Took it to FOS but they could do nothing as the complaint had gone over six months when I submitted it.
    • Barclays refer back to the original refusal letter so cant restart complaint for FOS again
    • Found paperwork that this was sold to Wescott originally
    • Cabot not provided NOA or proof that the debt is theirs.
    • Cabot have placed a ref on my Credit file so now there are two entries for the same debt as one from Barclays.
    • Last letter from Cabot 14th Jan 2012 stating they are still trying to get paperwork from original creditor and apologise for delay.
    • Last letter today from Cabot saying they need an update within 14 days or will start collection again as I have not replied to their last letter (see above)
    Now this is becoming tiresome and want to shut these retards down now and move on to my other creditors so what is the best course of action and where do I stand with bank accounts that are sold on if Cabot decide to go to court ?
    I know they have no leg to stand on otherwise I would have been in court by now.
    My course of possible actions include :
    • Sending a letter telling them to get stuffed
    • Put it in dispute as no documentation and they are clutching at straws
    • Put in dispute as it was orginally with Wescott
    • Dispute with all the charges and send back to Original Creditor with Cabot putting balance as zero
    • Refuse to deal with Cabot anymore and raise a complaint with FOS/FSA
    Any suggestions would be most welcome !
    Oh and I have an A4 folder full with these idiots letters claiming they are awaiting the original creditor despite the fact I called Barclays and they confirmed account shutdown with a zero balance years ago.

Re: Sold on bank account - Cabot - DCA

Im not an expert with regards to all your questions, but one thing springs to mind, the letter you got where they say they are still awaiting the info, keep it safe, as it proves they have no paperwork to start any court action. So until they comply with that, i prob wouldnt worry to much.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
      Im not an expert with regards to all your questions, but one thing springs to mind, the letter you got where they say they are still awaiting the info, keep it safe, as it proves they have no paperwork to start any court action. So until they comply with that, i prob wouldnt worry to much.
      Hi..
      Yeh it's all nice and safe every document and I have a number which states ' awaiting docs '..
      Ive had fun tying them up in knots getting them to runaround but am now becoming bored with it ..a carefully worded letter should hopefully send them away but I doubt it when they can smell the chance of getting £1300 for nothing...
      Thanks for the input by the way much appreciated ..

Comment

Was this by any chance a Goldfish account originally?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bassett View Post
          Was this by any chance a Goldfish account originally?
          It was a bank account massively overdrawn. It was bought by cabot who keep stalling when I ask for documents. Have sent them a letter telling them to send back to barclays as I won't communicate with them anymore

Comment

Working...
          X