GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script What can be included in BR - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can be included in BR

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can be included in BR

Just wondering what can be included in BR other than my normal credit debts..

Can utilities be included and do you then have to change supplier?
    Anything else?

Thanks

Re: What can be included in BR

Yes utilities can be included and you don't always have to change supplier but all circumstances are different, most will reset your account as long call them with readings on the day of BR. Technically they could refuse to supply you for gas and electricity often they just ask for a deposit or meter to be fitted.

Have a look here too Jon -- > ~ Look here first - Bankruptcy Help ~ - allaboutFORUMS

Will all my debts be included in my bankruptcy?
    If you are made bankrupt, you must stop making payments directly to your creditors. Your creditors must make a claim to your trustee (that is, either the official receiver or an insolvency practitioner). They should not ask you directly for payment; if you receive any requests, you should pass them immediately to your trustee to deal with and tell the creditor that you are bankrupt. There are some very limited exceptions to this non-payment rule. These are:

• secured creditors, such as creditors who have a mortgage or charge on your home. If mortgage payments are not made, the lender may sell your home.
    • non-provable debts, such as court fines and other obligations arising under an order made in family proceedings or under a maintenance assessment made under the Child Support Act 1991. Non-provable debts are not included in the bankruptcy proceedings and you are still responsible for paying off such debts;
    • benefit overpayments, where the benefit provider can recover any benefit overpayments from further benefits you receive until you are discharged, when you will usually be released from these debts; and
    • student loans.

The official receiver, or trustee, dealing with your bankruptcy will write to all your creditors to tell them you are bankrupt. Your creditors can then register a formal claim in your bankruptcy, by sending notice of your debt to the official receiver or trustee.

Not all of your debts can be included in your bankruptcy, these are known as non-provable debts and you will be responsible for continuing to pay them. These include CSA assessments, fines and maintenance and any obligation under a confiscation order made under section 1 of the Drug Trafficking Offences Act 1986, or section 71 of the Criminal Justice Act 1988 or under Parts 2, 3 or 4 of the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002.
    Last edited by IF; 28 May 2013, 18:20.
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Thanks IF

A friend has offered to fund my BR but I am still in two minds (maybe more than two minds..who am I , where am I what day is it?)

Comment

Really dont know why your debating it jon, if you have no assets just do it, will be such a weight off your shoulders seriously.

Going BR when i did was the best thing i ever done.

Obviously if theres anything in your life which would be effected then thats a different matter but for me, i was living at home, needed no credit for 6 years, and all my debts just went away the moment i done it, was such a weight off my shoulders.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post

A friend has offered to fund my BR but I am still in two minds
          That's brilliant news

This has been on your mind since February 2012

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ead.php?t=4968

Comment

Lol not at this juncture again.

Dejavu
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Sort of. Yesterday when I got home there seemed a mountain of letters and bills. A friend (not the OH) has offered to give me the money to do it. No great rush or even decision,, just looking at info.

Comment

Thing is mate had you done it last year you'd be over it already.....

Worth pondering - but not for too long eh?
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

hi jon,
                  just read the link planb posted.
                  40K is a fair bit to sort out mate, so if you have no assets and no job where going bankrupt would cause problems; why not go for it?
                  I see you have some health concerns too. This should help to relieve you of some worries surely?
                  best,
                  Missy
                  When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Perhaps theres a stigma or fear to BR that jon secretly has?

Jon im only speculating, please correct me if im way off.

The truth is, speak to someone whos already been through it, like me. I can honestly say it was the best thing i ever done.

The endless phone calls stopped, the letters went away, anyone who still managed to get through was refered back to the receiver and never heard from again.

BR isnt for everyone, but people who have nothing to lose its a lifesaver.

6 years for credit flew by.

Comment

I was ready last year and then a couple of big things happened, the biggy being my estranged wife being most inconsiderate and dropping dead. Both of them may have caused the OR to look more closely at my situation. Now almost 12 months on things are a bit different. Been discussing it with my friend and can pay him back in other ways .

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                        I was ready last year and then a couple of big things happened, the biggy being my estranged wife being most inconsiderate and dropping dead .
                        Your humour is getting more like Cloggy's every day

Comment

Well on a good day she would have taken it in good part and it's nothing I wouldn't have said to her lol

Comment

Working...
                          X