GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Court letter and bailiff letters and calls - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Court letter and bailiff letters and calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court letter and bailiff letters and calls

Could someone please help me I have a severe learning delay and very bad mental health problems.
    I was silly I was given credit all from consumers and I forgot all about them I paid some off then now I'm getting letters from debt collectors and have had a court letter. Am I going to lose my home? The house is council but now my mental health problems are getting worse again because of all this.
    I've been told that as long as I don't let them in they can't get in is that true I have no assets and get esa I can't cope and now I'm scared to open the door and am really scared please help me.

Re: Court letter and bailiff letters and calls

Originally posted by Teddybear101 View Post
    Could someone please help me I have a severe learning delay and very bad mental health problems I was silly I was given credit all from consumers and I forgot all about them I paid some off then now I'm getting letters from debt collectors and have had a court letter am I going to lose my home the house is council but now my mental health problems are getting worse again because of all this I've been told that as long as I don't let them in they can't get in is that true I have no assets and get esa I can't cope and now I'm scared to open the door and am really scared please help me
    Hi, try not to worry - if it is a council house and personal debt then nobody will be taking anything.

If a lender took you to court and got judgment then they'd get a CCJ - if you live in a council house that would be futile to them so it's unlikely they will pursue that route but if so then we may be able to help.

Can you be more specific and list the debts for us - then we'll try and guide you - whatever you do though don't respond to anyone or talk to anyone on the phone, we can help you sort this.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Teddybear and a warm welcome to AAD.

I'm so sorry to read all your problems, you shouldn't have to be dealing with these things all on your own when you're not well.
      From your post you have several issues to sort out:
      • Threat of eviction from your Council House
      • Threat of bailiffs
      • Letters from debt collectors about other debts

We'll deal with each separately so as not to cause confusion. Which is the most urgent today, the bailiff or the house repossession?

A couple of questions..

What debt is the bailiff chasing you for and what date is the deadline to respond/pay?

On what basis are the council threatening eviction, and what stage are you at with that?

We'll sort out the other debts once the urgent issues are out of the way.

You'll get help every step of the way on here so try not to worry. (I'm a retired nurse so I have a soft spot for health related debt issues.)

Elsa x

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
        • Threat of eviction from your Council House
        • Threat of bailiffs
        • Letters from debt collectors about other debts

I must have misread the OP as I thought the threats were as a result of debt - ie bailiffs (or DCA's) are chasing him over unpaid debts. However if your version is correct and the council are threatening eviction then that changes everything so clarity is definitely needed.

Thanks
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

I must have misread the OP as I thought the threats were as a result of debt - ie bailiffs (or DCA's) are chasing him over unpaid debts. However if your version is correct and the council are threatening eviction then that changes everything so clarity is definitely needed.

Thanks

Could be either or both, the op said they were going to lose their house, we just need more info

Teddybear, could you clarify for us, and also tell us about the Court Letter. What does that say?

Elsa x

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybear101 View Post
            have had a court letter. Am I going to lose my home? The house is council
            Unless you're in rent arrears the council will not repossess your home. If you are in rent arrears these can probably be settled by arrangement with the council. If in doubt as to what is happening please ring Shelter on this freephone number (it should be free from mobiles too). It's open 365 days a year until 8 pm (5pm at weekends).

Shelter helpline 0808 800 4444.

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_ad...ouncil_tenants

Plan B x

Comment

Wow I'm in tears reading all of your response I'm very grateful the council is ok I have a payment plan that I pay each week and all the other debts are not as I've been told priority debts but they just don't stop its not for anything big just two bank accounts with lloyds and a mobile phone company and catalogs and provident and shop a check but it has made me think so many times that I'm just useless now And the court letter was from one of the account that I had with lloyds and I'm truly sorry for being a pain xx

Comment

Hi, don't think of yourself as useless or being a pain, most of the people on this site are here because things have gone wrong. As Niddy, the forum owner has said in post 2 your home is safe. We need to see what your letter is, is it a threat of court or a claim form from court?
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

You are NOT a pain you are someone who can and will be helped , never think you are a problem cos you're not and very good luck.xx
                  if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you so much all of you I'm scared as because it has all gotten to much for me I've ripped them all up and throw them all in the bin now I know that was silly but I just broke down please I beg you please don't be mad at me I couldn't cope x

Comment

Ted no one will be mad , when we are under pressure we all do things we later think we shouldn't have , told you if we can sort it then we will.Try and calm yourself down so you can think clearly. Xx We also have TLC room if you want to chat its for people who don't feel well.

Comment

It's OK honey, we understand. We just want to establish which of your problems is the most urgent so that we can help. We'll take it one step at a time at your own speed.

First, can you tell us what the Court letter says and what debt it's about?

Elsa x

Comment

You are so kind I don't deserve it I am going to do kids dinners I just feel like I'm in a big black hole at the moment and I am asking myself am I ever going to get a break will catch up in a little bit thank you all so much x

Comment

As Elsa says one step at a time , xx

Comment

It was for lloyds tsb bank I had 3 accounts with them and it was for one of them what am I going to do if they turn up at my door and cut through my locks it wanted me to fill in some form but I didn't and when the second letter came I never opened it I just threw it away sorry xx

Comment

Working...
                              X