GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Baliff Making further demands - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baliff Making further demands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baliff Making further demands

I have the unfortunate pleasure of dealing with the baliffs on behalf of the local council, I got behind with the council tax as so many do and now it seems I will be paying the hard way.

i have agreed a monthly amount with them, how ever I was two days late paying last month and now the BO (Baliff Officer) is demanding that I pay more than double this month or they will take my car. She instructed me to call her today to pay and not the office.

i made several calls, left vmails, to no avail. Out of panic I called the office and paid using the automated system. Now I am worried she will seize my car for not paying her.

i have asked three times for a break down of costs/charges and she's says ok and it doesn't come.
    I have so a any questions......
    What are my rights? Do I have any as it was my stupidity that got me here.
    Can they demand that you pay such high amounts leaving you with little or no money to live on?

any advise would be very reassuring.
    thanks

Re: Baliff Making further demands

Head over here and see if these guys can help. --> http://www.bailiffhelpforum.co.uk/index.php

I've notified the site owners (Amy - red username) that you have a thread here and they'll hopefully be in a better position to help.

Good luck
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Goodelife71 View Post
      I have the unfortunate pleasure of dealing with the baliffs on behalf of the local council, I got behind with the council tax as so many do and now it seems I will be paying the hard way.

i have agreed a monthly amount with them, how ever I was two days late paying last month and now the BO (Baliff Officer) is demanding that I pay more than double this month or they will take my car. She instructed me to call her today to pay and not the office.

i made several calls, left vmails, to no avail. Out of panic I called the office and paid using the automated system. Now I am worried she will seize my car for not paying her.

i have asked three times for a break down of costs/charges and she's says ok and it doesn't come.
      Can they demand that you pay such high amounts leaving you with little or no money to live on?

thanks

Has the Enforcement agent actually called yet or did you make the arrangement to pay on receipt of the initial letter ?
      There should only be single compliance fee of £75 payable at this point.
      They cannot take your car unless somone has been and taken control of the goods, this can be done by clampning or having you sign a controlled goods agreement.
      Last edited by gravytrain; 28 November 2014, 11:44.

Comment

I have the unfortunate pleasure of dealing with the baliffs . . . . What are my rights? Do I have any as it was my stupidity that got me here. Can they demand that you pay such high amounts leaving you with little or no money to live on?
        Our member Cleverclogs is pretty hot on bailiff stuff so I'll alert him to your plight. He's not a fan of bailiffs

Comment

I'd also be inclined to get the V5 changed over to someone else's name and address
          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

They shouldn't, but I'd hardly be astounded if they did as that would give them the excuse to charge even more money. It would appear that the vastly increased fees brought in this year have not made bailiffs - or enforcement oafficers - any less rapacious.

Despite the changes in the permissible fees, two aspects of the law have remained the same:
            1. the council is still responsible for the actions of the baboons it employs, and
            2. the council can recall the debt from bailiff enforcement at any time

Which bailiff company is involved and which council is it?

Once I know the council, I'll be able to find the email address for the Head of Revenues and/or CEO of the council. There's no sense in talking to the staff on the end of the council 'phone lines - they might not be employed by the council and, besides, can barely discern shit from shinola.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
              They shouldn't, but I'd hardly be astounded if they did as that would give them the excuse to charge even more money. It would appear that the vastly increased fees brought in this year have not made bailiffs - or enforcement oafficers - any less rapacious.

Despite the changes in the permissible fees, two aspects of the law have remained the same:
              1. the council is still responsible for the actions of the baboons it employs, and

Which bailiff company is involved and which council is it?

Once I know the council, I'll be able to find the email address for the Head of Revenues and/or CEO of the council. There's no sense in talking to the staff on the end of the council 'phone lines - they might not be employed by the council and, besides, can barely discern shit from shinola.
              Yep they are likely to be employees of crapita.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                Yep they are likely to be employees of crapita.
                Are crapita an outsourced call centre/ payment centre/ letter sender then Pomp?
                When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
                  Yes - they regrettably infest quite a few councils.

Worse still, they own the bailiff companies Equita and Ross & Roberts, so they're potentially more eager to pass debts to their enforcement oaficers, as that boosts group profits at the expense of local taxpayers.

Comment

Worse still, they own the bailiff companies Equita and Ross & Roberts, so they're potentially more eager to pass debts to their enforcement oaficers, as that boosts group profits at the expense of local taxpayers.
                    Thanks for confirmation CC

Comment

thanks
                      Can I suggest you put your request for a breakdown of fees into writing, then you will have paper trail if they do not comply with your request (they are legally obliged to supply this FREE of charge)

While they will attempt to make much of your payment being two days late, the bottom line is they do not have the right insist you pay 'double' this month. If you contact your local councillor and explain the Bailiff has placed you and your family into hardship with their unreasonable demands, s/he can take the matter to a higher level at the Council.on yout behalf.

Regardless of what the Council want you to believe the facts are as CleverClogs says:

Comment

Really need more information from the Op. If a control goods agreement has not been entered into, then the common sense thing to do would be to move the car, however if the car is subject to a n agreement of course this would not be possible.

Comment

Originally posted by gravytrain View Post
                          Really need more information from the Op. If a control goods agreement has not been entered into, then the common sense thing to do would be to move the car, however if the car is subject to a n agreement of course this would not be possible.

I agree to there being a need for more info as each case is different but, this is the second one this month that I have offered help to following exactly the same format...2/3 days late with payment and bang all sorts of charges applied and threats made, my lady was from Coventry, she did as I have suggested to the OP and her local councillor went to the top of the tree for her, Result...they re-arranged her payment plan to suit her income (she is now to pay half the amount she was paying the bailiffs and is now to pay direct to the Council. That will see the outstanding CT paid before the start of the new financial year and the enforcement fee has been shelved. Her next due date for payment is January 31st 2015, I had to smile at that since 31st is a Saturday (crafty buggars) but I have suggested she set it all on SO to reach them at least a week early.

My lady entered into agreement with them within the 7 day time frame she has a history of paying on time and her councillor was, to say the least, furious at the way they had jumped straight in and put her under pressure to clear the balance forthwith.

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
                            They generally hold contracts with most councils and run the housing benefit and council tax departments, gone are the days when they was run by civil servants.

Comment

Spot on

Comment

Working...
                              X