GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Rent to buy - Private Schemes.... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rent to buy - Private Schemes....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rent to buy - Private Schemes....

What are the thoughts on private schemes? Other than the ridiculous interest rates some charge - some joker in kent was charging £850pcm rent on a flat that would be owned after something like 70 years because there was a £444.44 monthly administration fee, 300 rent and only the rest going towards the house!, so the pricing model was something like 750k for a 2 bedroom!

Something like www.renttobuy.co.uk - they seem to be the biggest. Although they're mainly northern properties so not much use to me at the moment.http://renttobuy.co.uk/propertyDetai...propertyId=358 for example. 'Law Society Approved', if that actually means anything... obviously my income & bankruptcy mean I'm not going to get a mortgage any time soon, but I could get say a 10k deposit for a property like that, and even £750pcm wouldn't be too much of a struggle on my wages.
    Or http://renttobuy.co.uk/propertyDetai...propertyId=335 which is a more reasonable 60-90 minute commute...

I ask because I'm currently sharing somewhere I shouldn't be (not on tenancy etc), not particularly enjoying it, and paying £450 a month (although that includes bills).

Potentially I'm going to get put into an IPA, so paying over the odds rent wouldn't really affect me, since they're going to nab all my extra income from my promotion anyway! I'm where I am now to save money, but if I'm going to have an IPA I might as well get my own place (even if it is a traditional rental) and some security! That's why I looked into rent to buy etc. The government subsidized ones refuse to consider me - despite accepting my application (!!!). They ignored all my property requests, and only when I complained did they confirm I wasn't eligible and never would be while my credit scoring would fail... idiots.

Re: Rent to buy - Private Schemes....

Sorry, I have no knowledge of rent to buy schemes. PlanB is the expert on housing so I'll ask her to look at your post.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I look forward to PlanBs reply on this. Does anyone think the UK is now like countries where mortgages/property is being handed down generations (Germany and USA come to mind)?
      I think the traditional 25, 30 year mortgages wont be around for much longer.
      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by 1NightInIbiza View Post
        Potentially I'm going to get put into an IPA, so paying over the odds rent wouldn't really affect me, since they're going to nab all my extra income from my promotion anyway! I'm where I am now to save money, but if I'm going to have an IPA I might as well get my own place (even if it is a traditional rental) and some security! That's why I looked into rent to buy etc. The government subsidized ones refuse to consider me - despite accepting my application (!!!). They ignored all my property requests, and only when I complained did they confirm I wasn't eligible and never would be while my credit scoring would fail... idiots.
        I think and not a 100% sure tbh (you may have to ask your OR) the reason you struggled to get a Government rent to buy scheme is you have to wait until you are discharged (1 year) from your BR and to have finished paying your IPA in three years time.

Regarding other private rent to buy schemes I not at all sure, some may even want your credit files to be clear, which would be six years from the date of your BR.
        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
        X