GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Kilasuits Diary (debt free and life improvements) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kilasuits Diary (debt free and life improvements)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kilasuits Diary (debt free and life improvements)

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
    Well i'm insured

£450 Deposit
    and
    9 x £348.33

Now to get another job
    Wow that's a lot of money to pay. No wonder you need another job !

How's your kid? He must have been four in June. Does he now go to school?

Comment

what kind of car ist hat?

Comment

Well its been a while - lots of ups and downs as of the last year, more on that to follow.

Main Points

New Job - and now on a really good wage for my age. - so can finally look to properly sort out all the financial issues i've had.
        Car Insurance is down to a reasonable level
        No accidents in over 12 months :-)
        Hopeful to soon have my own place again - Close to my new job too so can look to walk/cycle to work :-)
        Also much more potential future prospects in regards to career - Could move into Contracting very easily in a year or two

However i have had alot of personal upset with Kids being in care and only beginining of November my Son (now 5) was returned to his mums care - Daughter (who will be 1 on Dec 12th) was supposed to be also returned to her mums care on Dec 5th has been set back due to Social being a bunch of arse-bandits

However I'm in a Much Better place - now to tackle the DCA's head on over the course of the following months - I'm estimating that by Dec 2015 I should be close to being Debt Free (ambitious but I believe this should be achievable)
        I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Well its been a while - lots of ups and downs as of the last year . . . I'm in a Much Better place
          You know what, I've always seen you as such a trooper that I'm confident things will come together.

We'd love to see more of you on the site when things settle down.

It's probably a bit early to say this, but I genuinely wish you and your kids a very merry Christmas

Comment

Hi, it's good to see you back and in a much stronger financial position. I'm sorry to hear of the problems with your children and hope that things are resolved soon.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hey up buddy. I won't say much as I see the shit you're facing on your FB but glad you're settling in oop norf
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                I see the shit you're facing on your FB but glad you're settling in oop norf
                He wasn't exactly Darn Sarf before.....
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Welcome back, glad to hear things are on the up, I wish you and your family all the best xxx

Comment

Well Its bout time I really start following up on this thread really.

I have been getting lots of letters off of DCA's as of late - some have been quite funny to read tbh.

My Plan is to spend some time going through all the letters and actually work out who has what and start the balls rolling with some F&F offers.

Though in saying that I had one this morning for 35% of the original amount so a 65% reduction - I'm thinking that I'll send back a Counter offer lower still and see what they say.

And in other News - Looks like Small Claims courts for me on a £1300 travel rebate which will nicely sort out a few of the others.

Still not moved yet - trying to find somewhere that ticks the boxes lol - being a fussy sod with housing - nothing new there
                    I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Comment

No accidents in over 12 months :-)
                      Spoke too soon - starting to get the feeling that I shouldn't drive - So now having the hard decision of house vs car and really house needs to win this one as things for the kids have taken a further unfortunate turn - though I'm kicking myself as foresaw this happening tbh. Can't understand why someone would lie that much (and for so long) when there are kids involved.

This is where I wish I could get any form of credit at all so that I could sort all this out in 1 fell swoop and then pay it all off throughout the rest of the year - Though that isn't possible so there is no point in thinking it.

All in all am feeling a bit about everything - think I need to go back to the doc's again as I can feel that this is all starting to take its toll on me - Just wanted to have a straight forward year - yet thats not gonna happen for at least another 4 months by the looks of recent events

Comment

Hope no one was hurt x
                        is the loss of the car such a big thing in Manchester? Till we moved out of M/C to the country we could get every where by bus or cheap taxi 24/7

Here there are no buses from town to our village after 6pm, a taxi has to be ordered 24hr in advance and then you hope they turn up, because after 9pm no one answers the phone,
                        if you need to go anywhere on a Sunday forget it unless you have a car, 1st bus is 10am last bus is 4pm so if you work at the supermarket or shops in town you have to beg a lift or walk.
                        Go get that HOME found or I'll come and find you and give you a friendly slap

Comment

Sorry things are looking bleak again. I can't make things better for you, but trying to think of a positive work is going well and you are becoming stronger financially so will be able to sort some things out, just not as quickly as you would like.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                            Hope no one was hurt x
                            is the loss of the car such a big thing in Manchester? Till we moved out of M/C to the country we could get every where by bus or cheap taxi 24/7
                            No injuries (though i'm expecting them to claim some) just a lot of damage to my car - And almost none to the pesky Royal Mail Van my car slid into though as the idiot driver stopped whilst going down a hill (no indication of Braking or pulling over at all) and because of the snow (as this was Thurs Morning) I tried to slam my brakes on and just slid down the hill into back of them only 2 minutes from home as I'm currently in Macclesfield so a 20-40min train journey each way each day to look forward to.

Not having a car wouldnt be such an issue if I didnt need to go anywhere else however with current situation with kids i'm tooing and froing to Wolverhampton/Walsall and driving there is much better for my sanity (and other peoples health too) than having to be on public transport going somewhere that I feel is pretty much a waste of my time (most times anyway)

I had been planning to reduce the use of the car to needed journeys that are outside of my normal Mon-Fri use but looks like thats no longer in my control.

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                            Go get that HOME found or I'll come and find you and give you a friendly slap
                            Well with things having majorly changed with my last time at court I've started balls rolling with Manchester Council as Wolverhampton have not helped me in the Slightest and still owe me £1300 in travel rebates.
                            Its getting ridiculous that I've been house hunting for over 3 months and although I've been being picky its been for the right reasons - Close to work/schools/daycare (pref walking distance) and of decent size to be able to have me and both kids there too but needs to fall into a reasonable price range.

It doesn't help that being in a Shared House atm leaves me in many ways very much restricted and in some ways more stressed than needed and leaves me feeling an inability to really relax

Unless I can work a miracle there is no way I can currently see at being able to get anywhere else sorted for at least another month - Which is leaving me even more frustrated at the situation - and sometimes I do think having someone give me a good slap might help somewhat

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                              Sorry things are looking bleak again. I can't make things better for you, but trying to think of a positive work is going well and you are becoming stronger financially so will be able to sort some things out, just not as quickly as you would like.
                              Hit the Nail on the head there - Although I wanted to get this sorted this month, I just have to face facts that it just is not going to happen and that it will happen just with time and patience. Something I'm not known to have much of especially lately.

Comment

Ahhh Mac know it well, used to pick up a child from a care home there to take him to school, hated it when the weather was bad, mini bus went down the road sideways many a time.

let me know what area the council are offering you some are better than others if you don't know places to avoid, if you get my meaning ?

Comment

Working...
                                X