GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Kilasuits Diary (debt free and life improvements) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kilasuits Diary (debt free and life improvements)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kilasuits Diary (debt free and life improvements)

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
    Ahhh Mac know it well, used to pick up a child from a care home there to take him to school, hated it when the weather was bad, mini bus went down the road sideways many a time.

let me know what area the council are offering you some are better than others if you don't know places to avoid, if you get my meaning ?
    I'm looking at Hulme Longsight and Fallowfield though have taken a liking to the new builds off Plymouth Grove after viewing on 2 weeks ago which I only missed out on due to not having the funds available - grrrr
    I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

all the areas are very student lead, most houses for rent in those areas will be house shares . not much Council or House association come up there,
      Could be a few on the Fallowfield/ Withington border, the Schools there used to be quite good. Bus route is fantastic one every 3 mins, Burnage /Greenend is not too bad ( used to be local stomping ground, grew up just off Kingsway,) lived in Levenshulme for 10 years then moved out here , the people that bought our house in Levy wanted to move out of Hulme. to the backwaters. Chippy shuts at 10pm but there's not much left to buy after 9 pm.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
        just a lot of damage to my car - And almost none to the pesky Royal Mail Van my car slid into though as the idiot driver stopped whilst going down a hill (no indication of Braking or pulling over at all) and because of the snow (as this was Thurs Morning) I tried to slam my brakes on and just slid down the hill into back of them

Blimey Kila, you're like a cat with nine lives

I've lost count as to how many you've got left.

All in all am feeling a bit about everything - think I need to go back to the doc's again as I can feel that this is all starting to take its toll on me

You could go to the doctor and get 'dumbed down' with pharmaceuticals OR you could work things through on here

I'm a big fan of 'talking therapy' - I wonder why

Plan B xx

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
          You could go to the doctor and get 'dumbed down' with pharmaceuticals OR you could work things through on here

I'm a big fan of 'talking therapy' - I wonder why

Plan B xx
          Think its mainly the lack of sleep and the inability to have a week without another upset. 2015 was meant to be the year things went to plan - Should know better than to plan for anything by now lol

Still cannot get over the fact that my ex has been lying to court for the last 9 months and it only came out because she was trying to make me out to be the untruthful one and because of the bombshell that came out at court my son was re-accomodated with social services.

Oh and to top it all off I'm being pushed into a corner around my contact with the kids - as in the SW's words "it needs to fit around the children's current carers" so that will be another interesting point in Court on the 13th. That and on the 27th it will be a full year since we originally went to court - So I'm gonna be doing my best to push this to be resolved for my 25th (so April time)

Hrmpuh lots to do as per usual :-)
          I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Comment

Think its mainly the lack of sleep and the inability to have a week without another upset. 2015 was meant to be the year things went to plan
            Your hope that 2015 will be the year when things will turn in your favour may yet still prove to be the case. We're only one month into 2015.

Your dream of having a whole week without any upset is pie in the sky. Analyse the definition of "upset" and you'll soon see it's all in the mind.

Life is difficult. Get over it.

I read that in the opening paragraph of a boring book written by some Buddist called "The Road Less Travelled". It was the thing which prompted Geri Halliwell to quit the Spice Girls with confidence that she (her feelings) matter more than them.

I swear by that book.

Comment

Take a peek inside this book and we'll take it from there

Comment

Your hope that 2015 will be the year when things will turn in your favour may yet still prove to be the case. We're only one month into 2015.
                Even though there has only been a month gone this year - It just feels like a continuation of 2013 & 2014 - which I had hoped the New Job & New Year combo would make going into this month more settled - however again I need to face the reality of the situation in small chunks instead of the over whelming feeling that it has seemed this last 2 weeks.

Your dream of having a whole week without any upset is pie in the sky. Analyse the definition of "upset" and you'll soon see it's all in the mind.
                The annoying thing is that all was well until Weds 21st when the bombshell was dropped!

Life is difficult. Get over it.
                Ok then Mother hen

Comment

sorry Kila ,
                  I do understand your problem ,BUT I also can see where the carer is in this as well.
                  When I fostered, a long time ago I may add, the Sw wanted me to take the foster child I had to the hospital to visit his mum.
                  Now I had no problem with that, my problem was I didn't drive and my youngest daughter was only 4and had come down with chickenpox that day. visiting time was 7pm and I had a routine of bath at 7 bed 7.30 on school nights, Hubby was on nights so I would of had to of taken her with me. told SW, NO explained why, said I would inform childs school that I would take him during the day, SW said, Oh but I have told his mum you would go tonight, advised her in that case SHE could take him to see his Mum and in future to check I didn't have something else to do in future.
                  guess what ? I could suddenly take him the next day as she was going out that night,
                  So yes it is annoying but maybe the carer is not getting at you, or trying to stop you seeing your kids. It could just be that the SW has no Idea of how a family works together, or put it rather badly.
                  I know some of the ones I met were just out of uni and had no Idea of broken homes apart from what they read in the manual,also with fatal public failures in the past some are just over cautious.
                  bide your time, calm down and don't do/say anything drastic.
                  make sure you contact the SW, DO NOT SWEAR AT THEM no matter how tempting! ,say you would like to see your kids as often as possible, give a list of dates that you are available on to visit, ask if any are ok with the carers, if any are agreed do not miss them.get them on your side,
                  Make a list of every thing you need to do to make getting your family unit back together,
                  1, Home
                  2,local schools
                  3, childcare for while you are working/school holidays
                  4,????
                  the list goes on
                  my best wishes to you in this task xx
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ok then Mother hen

Plan B xx

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                      sorry Kila ,
                      I do understand your problem ,BUT I also can see where the carer is in this as well.
                      When I fostered, a long time ago I may add, the Sw wanted me to take the foster child I had to the hospital to visit his mum.
                      Now I had no problem with that, my problem was I didn't drive and my youngest daughter was only 4and had come down with chickenpox that day. visiting time was 7pm and I had a routine of bath at 7 bed 7.30 on school nights, Hubby was on nights so I would of had to of taken her with me. told SW, NO explained why, said I would inform childs school that I would take him during the day, SW said, Oh but I have told his mum you would go tonight, advised her in that case SHE could take him to see his Mum and in future to check I didn't have something else to do in future.
                      guess what ? I could suddenly take him the next day as she was going out that night,
                      So yes it is annoying but maybe the carer is not getting at you, or trying to stop you seeing your kids. It could just be that the SW has no Idea of how a family works together, or put it rather badly.
                      I know some of the ones I met were just out of uni and had no Idea of broken homes apart from what they read in the manual,also with fatal public failures in the past some are just over cautious.
                      bide your time, calm down and don't do/say anything drastic.
                      make sure you contact the SW, DO NOT SWEAR AT THEM no matter how tempting! ,say you would like to see your kids as often as possible, give a list of dates that you are available on to visit, ask if any are ok with the carers, if any are agreed do not miss them.get them on your side,
                      Make a list of every thing you need to do to make getting your family unit back together,
                      1, Home
                      2,local schools
                      3, childcare for while you are working/school holidays
                      4,????
                      the list goes on
                      my best wishes to you in this task xx
                      I think though its a case of the Social worker doing what she can to drag this all out even further. I'll speak with my Solicitor in the morning as theres alot that I feel needs to be dealt with and raised prior to the 13th.

The main issue for me is that the kids are in Wolverhampton and I'm in Manchester - this means that I either have to take majority of day off during the week to travel there see the kids for some of the afternoon and that's all that can be managed each week - Where as i've pointed out that there's no reason why they cannot provision weekend contact - yet I had this issue last year and with Barclays I laid down that the kids were coming first. Luckily I had been there 12months so fell into the Flex working catergories and flexed my hours to have a half day on a friday (although I had requested to flex to allow me to have full day off on Friday to allow for meetings etc) - but that's all in the past now.

I just dont want to seem like I'm messing the University around because of all this - I know that I have the support there but I've only been there since beginning of November and I've already used 12 days holiday because of Court, Contact, LAC reviews and so forth. And now there's gonna be even more of these that need to take place to further assess my viability of having the kids.

Anddddd .......... Breath lol

Comment

see your solicitor and ask them to push for weekend visits, get him/her to point out that you want to see your children but if social/courts make it during the week you could loose your means of supporting them and this could prejudice your case, you may have to settle for once a month visits, or ask if you could have a phone call off the eldest, sorry not sure of ages,

am I starting to sound like Plan B?
                        maybe all three of us should adjourn to the local, how about The Star?

Comment

Well after a nightmare few weeks here is the latest,

Social have stuck ground and tied my hands at court to agree to weekday contact - really not happy with them on this as was pushed by my solicitor to agree on it
                          Housing - Placed application at cost of £200 in non-refundable fees - for it to be rejected based on CCJ from previous eviction - again really not happy about this.
                          Housing - Work unable to help as no properties in their portfolio are suitable.
                          Housing - Manchester council unable to help as do not fall into their "catchment area"

Oh and I have until Weds 25th to fully define the plan of action around housing, flexible working around assessments and time off for them (although not been given any dates), my Support Network in Manchester, School and Nursery Details for the kids when they are returned (including a yes/no on guaranteed places for them) & a letter from my employer confirming their position on Flex working when the kids are returned.

All of this is really really starting to frustrate me as for the last 2 months I've been telling my Solicitor that Wolverhampton need to pull their fingers out and actually help me out -- yet has that happened?

Oh and the best bit of this all was getting a text message from the Social worker on Tuesday at 14:47 telling me that there was a meeting scheduled in Wolverhampton for 3pm Wednesday.

Next steps are to

1. Speak to CAB about housing
                          2. Get a housing solicitor involved - even if at my own cost for now
                          3. Decide whether it be in my best interest to present as homeless to Manchester to get them to pull their fingers out and actually get involved.
                          4. Go back to the doctors regarding sleeping issues as this is now getting far far too much for me.

However work are being great and being as helpful as they can be at the current time - alot of the problems I'm going to have revolve around the fact that I've not been working here for 6+ months so cannot technically formally request flexible working.

Gah - cannot wait for this to be all sorted out - If that actually ever happens as it seems a long long long way away.

Comment

calm down, things will happen when they need to, Take a breath, step back and look at things again, try contacting MC council again and explain why you need housing closer to work, My mum is with Southways Housing. they cover, Burnage, Chorlton, Didsbury areas look on the website.
                            If my brother has anything to do with it, her 3 bed house will be available for rent soon, Burnage/withington boarder.Direct bus route to city centr, good schools , Drs ,Parks

Comment

It really seems like you're taking 1 step forward and 3 steps back. You've done well to get yourself a decent job and the social work team should be helping you to have your children with you, not putting obstacles in your way - sending a text with just 24 hours notice to attend a meeting miles away the next day is ridiculous! Too many Dads just walk away.
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                                It really seems like you're taking 1 step forward and 3 steps back. You've done well to get yourself a decent job and the social work team should be helping you to have your children with you, not putting obstacles in your way - sending a text with just 24 hours notice to attend a meeting miles away the next day is ridiculous! Too many Dads just walk away.
                                Pixie reading between the lines I think this is what they are trying to find out, is he determined enough? It would be a lot easier for them to just place them in foster care and for him to walk away.
                                But I think they are being harsh on him because they look at him as "young" as for the text well, as i've said before some social workers want you to work around them, if you don't you can be seen as not caring, But I think a complaint needs to be put forward about their lack of planing, knowing that dad needs to work and is not in the local area, this is not helping him.
                                These children need a stable home, killa is offering them one, but they need to help him as much as them.

sorry Social workers bring out my nasty side.

Comment

Working...
                                X