GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting myself out of debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting myself out of debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nightwatch
    replied
    Originally posted by debrag View Post
    A new debt has cropped up

Anytime Fitness gym membership
    Balance - 147.80
    Owner - CCS Collect

Letter:

ACT NOW TO AVOID POTENTIAL LEGAL ACTION
    THIS IS A NOTICE OF INTENDED ACTION

To avoid out client reviewing your account for further recovery action, which includes possible legal action, please call to speak to one of our trained customer advisors

---

Do I need to do anything or just ignore, a CCA request wont work on a gym membership will it?
    when did you start this membership, what type was it, ie joining fee and pay when you go, or monthly DD membership, did you try canceling membership???

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Debt 1: Natwest Loan £4889 | Being sent to Westcot | Part of DMP | DMP statues of credit report
    Debt 2: Natwest OD £1248 | Being sent to Westcot | Part of DMP | DMP statues of credit report
    Debt 3: Very £767 | NCO dealing | Account still open | Part of DMP
    Debt 4: JD Williams £1740 | Account still open | Part of DMP
    Debt 5: Lloyds cc £457 | Minimum payments
    Debt 6: Marbles cc £656 | minimum payments
    Debt 7: Capital One £103 | minimum payments
    Debt 8: Capital One £167 | minimum payments
    Debt 9: Aqua cc £167 | minimum payments
    Debt 10: Barclaycard £389 | minimum payments
    Debt 11: ARC (David Lloyd) £582 | £1 a month arrangement to pay| Doesn't appear on credit report at all but stopping paying membership July 2016
    Debt 12: Lantern (QQ) £481 | IRL + SAR claim/request sent it | Had originally agreed to £2 a month repayment plan
    Debt 13 Credit Resource Solutions (Trugym) £86 | Sent back to OC | Default on credit report
    Debt 14: Credit Resolution Services (Lending Stream) ? | Sent back to OC | Default on credit report

Debts 1 to 4 are on a dmp/token payments due to not being able to afford minimum payments
    Debts 5 to 10 I can afford minimum payments and have these paid off next year with a little extra
    Debt 12 Fall of credit report May 2018, they first contacted my in Jan 2018
    Debts 13 to 14 are due to fall of credit report November 2018 & March 2019.

So whats the next step? Lantern have already sent me all data via the SAR request.
    Update below

Debt 1: Natwest Loan £4889 | Being sent to Westcot in July | Not heard anything since July | Defaulted in July 2018
    Debt 2: Natwest OD £1248 | Being sent to Westcot in July | Not heard anything since July | Defaulted in July 2018
    Debt 3: Very £767 | NCO dealing | Not heard from NCO since May | No default yet!
    Debt 4: JD Williams £1740 | Dealing with Debt Managers LTD | Awaiting CCA | Defaulted December 2018 | No longer on Noddle or Clearscore reports - due to being sold on?
    Debt 5: Lloyds cc £457 | Minimum payments | continuing to pay
    Debt 6: Marbles cc £656 | minimum payments | Haven't paid in 2 months
    Debt 7: Capital One £103 | minimum payments | Cleared balance
    Debt 8: Capital One £167 | minimum payments | To be repaid in full in Feb 2019
    Debt 9: Aqua cc £167 | minimum payments | To be repaid in full in Feb 2019
    Debt 10: Barclaycard £389 | minimum payments |continuing to pay
    Debt 11: ARC (David Lloyd) £582 | No longer paying the £1 | Not heard from since October 2018 | Major Law Solicitors chasing
    Debt 12: Lantern (QQ) £481 | Not heard anything since August/September 2018
    Debt 13 Credit Resource Solutions (Trugym) £86 | Default on credit report | Not heard anything since November 2018
    Debt 14: Credit Resolution Services (Lending Stream) ? | No longer on any reports | Not heard anything since August 2018

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    A new debt has cropped up

Anytime Fitness gym membership
    Balance - 147.80
    Owner - CCS Collect

Letter:

ACT NOW TO AVOID POTENTIAL LEGAL ACTION
    THIS IS A NOTICE OF INTENDED ACTION

To avoid out client reviewing your account for further recovery action, which includes possible legal action, please call to speak to one of our trained customer advisors

---

Do I need to do anything or just ignore, a CCA request wont work on a gym membership will it?

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Debt 4 JD WIlliams
    Opened: June 2013
    Type: Catalogue
    Current Balance: £1740
    Last payment: £1.00 | July 2018
    Last fill payment: December 2017
    Arrangement: DMP till May 2018
    Owner: JD Williams
    March - Payment arrangement confirmation for Payplan's DMP, not longer using them.
    July - Received arrears letter and fact sheet from FCA

August - Received letter stating they haven't received payment from Payplan etc etc I have an overdue payment of £78.16. Will it carry on like this forever or will they eventually default?
    August - Payplan agreement finally cancelled by JD Williams
    October - Default noticed recieved

November - Received letter to say JD Williams has sold my debt along with a notice of assignment letter from Debt Managers (Services) LTD who have been sold the debt, they now act as data controller.
    December - new credit report shows default date of 15/11/2018
    December - Letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.
    December - Another letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.
    Reply received from my CCA request. Account referred back to JD Williams for a copy of my CCA. Fee is no longer needed for this application. Account on hold.

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Debt 3 Very
    Opened: December 2016
    Current Balance: £767
    Last fill payment: November 2017
    Owner: Very (NCO)
    December - NCO letter, 'we are acting on behalf of Shop Direct'

January - Very statement
    March - NCO letter, Notice of Sums of Arrears under CCA 1974
    March - NCO letter, Total outstanding letter
    March - NCO letter, Confirmation of the following payment arrangement (£1)
    May - NCO letter - Concerns regarding overdue account
    June - Very statement
    July - Statement received along with arrears letter and fact sheet
    September - Credit limit has been reduced to £850.
    October - Received secure letter via email / message on account letting me know 'we appear to have not received your most recent payment' and that I have £401.13 in arrears
    November - Received secure letter via email / message on account letting me know 'we appear to have not received your most recent payment', overdue payment is for £426.80.
    December - Received secure letter via email ;The Customer Arrears Support Team need to speak to you, please get in touch.' Overdue amount of £450.67.
    December - Received secure 'please contact us' letter. 'You are seriously in arrears'.
    January - Received statement. Balance £767.73, min payment £493.50, arrears £472.87
    Another statement received. Been a [6] on my credit report since June, last payment was June also, last full payment was November/December 2017 I think, I just want a default

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Originally posted by nightwatch View Post

i would send CCA now, just on thing to mention, when they say will contact you at your home address, this may just mean that they phone you,
    You can also add a one liner at the bottom of the CCA to say that you do not give permission for anyone to call at the address mentiond in the letter

NW XXX
    CCA request sent today signed for.

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied

Recevied another letter from BD N Brown, looks the same letter as before except it has added:

" if you ignore...you account will be:
    referred to our solicitors and we will take legal action....
    passed to our external agents who will contact you at your home address"

Now I don't want someone coming to the house or a court claim. When should I be CCA-ing or send the 'prove it' letter?
    i would send CCA now, just on thing to mention, when they say will contact you at your home address, this may just mean that they phone you,
    You can also add a one liner at the bottom of the CCA to say that you do not give permission for anyone to call at the address mentiond in the letter

NW XXX

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Debt 4 JD WIlliams
    March - Payment arrangement confirmation for Payplan's DMP, not longer using them.

August - Received letter stating they haven't received payment from Payplan etc etc I have an overdue payment of £78.16. Will it carry on like this forever or will they eventually default?

November - Received letter to say JD Williams has sold my debt along with a notice of assignment letter from Debt Managers (Services) LTD who have been sold the debt, they now act as data controller.
    December - Letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.
    December - Another letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.
    Recevied another letter from BD N Brown, looks the same letter as before except it has added:

" if you ignore...you account will be:
    referred to our solicitors and we will take legal action....
    passed to our external agents who will contact you at your home address"

Now I don't want someone coming to the house or a court claim. When should I be CCA-ing or send the 'prove it' letter?
    Last edited by debrag; 19 December 2018, 10:59.

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Not heard from NCO since May time

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    NCO = just a desk within shop Direct= owned by shop direct in house

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Debt 3 Very

January - Very statement
    June - Very statement
    October - Received secure letter via email / message on account letting me know 'we appear to have not received your most recent payment' and that I have £401.13 in arrears
    November - Received secure letter via email / message on account letting me know 'we appear to have not received your most recent payment', overdue payment is for £426.80.
    December - Received secure letter via email ;The Customer Arrears Support Team need to speak to you, please get in touch.' Overdue amount of £450.67.
    December - Received secure 'please contact us' letter. 'You are seriously in arrears'.
    Yet another 'please contact us' letter. I get a 'please contact us' and 'your payment' letter every month.

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied
    Yep for now just ignore, JD Williams is just a part of many shopping companys that come under the canopy of what was once known as Brown & co, they did have a massive office and wearhouse in Manchester .

NW x

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Debt 4 JD WIlliams

Received letter from Debt Managers LTD advising they have purchased the debt from BD N Brown with an outstanding balance of £1742.18. Please pay in full or contact for a repayment plan. No date of which to pay by. I take it BD N Brown own JD Williams. Do I just ignore?

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied
    could well be goimg on the "for sale" page x

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Debt 3 Very

January - Very statement
    June - Very statement
    Received yet another 'we have not received your payment letter. The amount owed keeps going up but my balance remains the same. In October on my credit report they changed my status from [6] DM (been like that since June) to [6] BB do you think they are getting ready to default?!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X