GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting myself out of debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting myself out of debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• debrag
    replied
    Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
    Just file it away in a safe place, if that is the basis of a court claim they will not get far, you won't need to produce it, unless and this is a BIG unless, they try and produce a signed one, along with T&C from when taken out,
    have a nice weekend
    Will it need to be a signed copy and not just one with an X as it appears to be a CCA sent through the post rather than done online, though I opened the account online.

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied
    Just file it away in a safe place, if that is the basis of a court claim they will not get far, you won't need to produce it, unless and this is a BIG unless, they try and produce a signed one, along with T&C from when taken out,
    have a nice weekend

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Originally posted by debrag View Post
    Debt 4 JD WIlliams
    Opened: June 2013
    Type: Catalogue
    Current Balance: £1740
    Last payment: £1.00 | July 2018
    Last fill payment: December 2017
    Arrangement: DMP till May 2018
    Owner: JD Williams
    March - Payment arrangement confirmation for Payplan's DMP, not longer using them.
    July - Received arrears letter and fact sheet from FCA

August - Received letter stating they haven't received payment from Payplan etc etc I have an overdue payment of £78.16. Will it carry on like this forever or will they eventually default?
    August - Payplan agreement finally cancelled by JD Williams
    October - Default noticed recieved

November - Received letter to say JD Williams has sold my debt along with a notice of assignment letter from Debt Managers (Services) LTD who have been sold the debt, they now act as data controller.
    December - new credit report shows default date of 15/11/2018
    December - Letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.
    December - Another letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.

January - Reply received from my CCA request. Account referred back to JD Williams for a copy of my CCA. Fee is no longer needed for this application. Account on hold.
    April - CCA received. No signature or x appears.
    Sent CCA to Niddy who say's it's UE!!

Do I need to do anything now or just keep the CCA safe. Do I just produce this document if it ever goes to court?

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied
    Not many do as not a lot of people sent them back, they had already got the goods so why sign. xxx

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Debt 4 JD WIlliams
    Opened: June 2013
    Current Balance: £1740
    Last fill payment: December 2017
    Owner: JD Williams
    March - Payment arrangement confirmation for Payplan's DMP, not longer using them.
    July - Received arrears letter and fact sheet from FCA

August - Received letter stating they haven't received payment from Payplan etc etc I have an overdue payment of £78.16. Will it carry on like this forever or will they eventually default?
    August - Payplan agreement finally cancelled by JD Williams
    October - Default noticed recieved

November - Received letter to say JD Williams has sold my debt along with a notice of assignment letter from Debt Managers (Services) LTD who have been sold the debt, they now act as data controller.
    December - new credit report shows default date of 15/11/2018
    December - Letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.
    December - Another letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.

January - Reply received from my CCA request. Account referred back to JD Williams for a copy of my CCA. Fee is no longer needed for this application. Account on hold.
    April - CCA received. No signature or x appears.
    CCA received for JD WIlliams. I have both the copy that was to be signed and returned and the copy I was to keep. Neither have been signed by me or have a x.

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied

NO I haven't sent a CCA request yet, been waiting for Very to default and they finally have after a year!!

I have received a welcome letter on 21st Feb then a payment due letter 11th March. So far I have just ignored.
    Do I just continue to ignore correspondence from Lowell? I'm getting voice messages to call them, Very no longer exists on my reports only Lowell.
    Also should my default be Jan 2018 rather than Feb 2019?

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
    They say they are responding to your communication- what exactly was that, was it a CCA request with the fee or just a prove it type letter? Or did you even request the credit agreement, this is MMF after all
    I sent a SAR request July 2018 to Lantern then one to QQ September 2018. I seem to have lost most emails from 2018 but I received a bunch of documents originally that contained a credit agreement from Lantern/MMF. I then received a link to documents online from QQ which I can no longer access. I'm hoping I still have them downloaded. [edit] I still have all documents

I haven't been in contact with them for months.

Do I tell them they haven't attached anything? Does this mean I've sent in a CCA request according to Lantern even if I haven't?
    Last edited by debrag; 10 April 2019, 11:54.

Leave a comment:

• Warwick65
    replied
    They say they are responding to your communication- what exactly was that, was it a CCA request with the fee or just a prove it type letter? Or did you even request the credit agreement, this is MMF after all

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Debt 12 QQ
    Opened: January 2012
    Type: PDL
    Current Balance: £481
    Last payment: £1.00 | February 2016
    Last fill payment: £110 | February 2012
    Arrangement: None
    Owner: Lantern
    Fell of credit report May 2018, MMF/Lantern send email January 2018, payment set up for £2 a month, last payment June 2018, SAR letter sent, received all documentation including a breakdown and CCA. Full payment was £722 as stated in the CCA but on account info in SAR letter interest is £590, so that's £368 in extra charges . Have paid Lantern £8.

Email tennis - notice of overdue payment, payment plan offer, unable to afford payments
    Email - notice of formal complaint, payment plan offered by QQ, ignored
    Email - debt referral - ARC

Back to QQ
    Balance recieved via email - balance 695, 170 received from ARC - £499 in default
    Overdue payment emails

Overdue payment emails
    Loan balance requested - nothing received

Overdue payment emails - only 2 this time
    Notice of sale

Notice of assignment - MMF
    Repayment plan confirmation
    Fell off credit report

SAR sent + documents received
    Repayment plan closed by me
    August - Received response about my irresponsible lending claim and it was too long ago now.
    September - starting to receive calls, no letters or emails

April - Received letter/email for an outstanding balance of £481.16. Subject 'we're about to take action, contact us today'.
    Letter today reads:

CUSTOMER REFERENCE: xxxxxxx
    CURRENT OUTSTANDING BALANCE: £481.16

Dear xxxxx

Thank you for contacting us. We've attached your credit agreement(s) as requested.

What's the next step?

Communications will continue if we don't have a payment arrangement in place.

Don't worry we can help, we have lots of payment options available and many ways to contact us. Choose one of our options below:

What’s the next step?
    Chat www.lanternuk.com

Click on Chat
    Online www.lanternuk.com/account
    Phone 0113 887 6876 Email customerservice@lanternuk.com
    We look forward to hearing from you in the next 5 days

Yours sincerely

Lantern
    No credit agreement is attached.

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Debt 11 David Lloyd
    Opened: August 2016
    Type: Gym
    Current Balance: £582
    Last fill payment: July 2016
    Arrangement: Reduced payments
    Owner: ARC
    ARC if I don't pay start phoning, can I send the do not phone letter now?

August - received email + letter agreeing on a payment plan of £1 a month, I didn't agreed to this as I told them the agreement was £0.
    August - receiving calls every day/other day - ignoring - harassment letter has been sent
    September - received a 'could issue a claim' letter
    October - received a letter from Major Law Solicitors

March - Getting calls again from ARC - not paid since sometime November 2018, haven't heard form them for months.
    April - Tried to log in to my ARC account but the reference but can't
    Lets hope not being able to log in is a good sign to come!

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

I can't see any reference to you sending a s77-79 CCA Request to anyone for this debt.

In the meantime if you've only received a welcome letter from Lowell Portfolio you can wait to see what they send next. If you get a letter from Lowell Solicitors post on your thread.

Di
    NO I haven't sent a CCA request yet, been waiting for Very to default and they finally have after a year!!

I have received a welcome letter on 21st Feb then a payment due letter 11th March. So far I have just ignored.

Leave a comment:

• Joanna Connolly Solicitors
    replied

Welcome letter received from Lowell, what should my next action be?

I can't see any reference to you sending a s77-79 CCA Request to anyone for this debt.

In the meantime if you've only received a welcome letter from Lowell Portfolio you can wait to see what they send next. If you get a letter from Lowell Solicitors post on your thread.

Di

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Debt 3 Very
    Opened: December 2016
    Current Balance: £767
    Last fill payment: November 2017
    Owner: Very (NCO)
    December - NCO letter, 'we are acting on behalf of Shop Direct'

January - Very statement
    March - NCO letter, Notice of Sums of Arrears under CCA 1974
    March - NCO letter, Total outstanding letter
    March - NCO letter, Confirmation of the following payment arrangement (£1)
    May - NCO letter - Concerns regarding overdue account
    June - Very statement
    July - Statement received along with arrears letter and fact sheet
    September - Credit limit has been reduced to £850.
    October - Received secure letter via email / message on account letting me know 'we appear to have not received your most recent payment' and that I have £401.13 in arrears
    November - Received secure letter via email / message on account letting me know 'we appear to have not received your most recent payment', overdue payment is for £426.80.
    December - Received secure letter via email ;The Customer Arrears Support Team need to speak to you, please get in touch.' Overdue amount of £450.67.
    December - Received secure 'please contact us' letter. 'You are seriously in arrears'.
    January - Received statement. Balance £767.73, min payment £493.50, arrears £472.87

January - Default notice received. In breach of arrears of £472.87 to be paid before 30th Jan 2019. Further enforcement action to be taken if not paid. Full balance is £767.73.
    Feburary - Welcome letter received from Lowell, along with assignment letter from Very/.Shop direct
    Welcome letter received from Lowell, what should my next action be?

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post

I would not worry at this point what the account is Lowell are chasing you about. If they want anything they will write to you and tell you. I know that is easier said than done, I always want to know what's going on but it really is counterproductive because 1) All you do is stress and 2) If you contact them they will think you are willing to talk
    Found out it's for my Very account. Had the welcome letter from them end of Feb.

Leave a comment:

• Warwick65
    replied

So ARC are now ringing me again, will be sending out the harassment letter again. CCA request going out also.

I'm also being contacted by Lowell, no clue which debt they are chasing. Could it be Natwest?
    I would not worry at this point what the account is Lowell are chasing you about. If they want anything they will write to you and tell you. I know that is easier said than done, I always want to know what's going on but it really is counterproductive because 1) All you do is stress and 2) If you contact them they will think you are willing to talk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X