GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting myself out of debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting myself out of debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joanna Connolly Solicitors
    replied
    Originally posted by debrag View Post
    Debt 12 QQ
    Opened: January 2012
    Type: PDL
    Current Balance: £481
    Last payment: £1.00 | February 2016
    Last fill payment: £110 | February 2012
    Arrangement: None
    Owner: Lantern

Email tennis - notice of overdue payment, payment plan offer, unable to afford payments
    Email - notice of formal complaint, payment plan offered by QQ, ignored
    Email - debt referral - ARC

Notice of assignment - MMF
    Repayment plan confirmation
    Fell off credit report

SAR sent + documents received
    Repayment plan closed by me
    August - Received response about my irresponsible lending claim and it was too long ago now.
    September - starting to receive calls, no letters or emails

April - Received letter/email for an outstanding balance of £481.16. Subject 'we're about to take action, contact us today'.
    April - Received letter via email '
    we will now instruct our solicitors to commence recovery action...f we do not hear from you within the next 7 days we will be left with no alternative but to refer your account to Moriarty Law Limited.'
    May - Received Letter of Claim from Moriarty Law giving me 30 days to return the form

Did you get help with your Irresponsible Lending complaint to QQ?

Read this on Debt Camel's website to see if that explains things for you in case they were being dismissive without good reason and you could now refer your complaint to the FOS > https://debtcamel.co.uk/quickquid-payday-loan-refunds/

Di

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    await further letter

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Debt 4 JD WIlliams
    Opened: June 2013
    Type: Catalogue
    Current Balance: £1740
    Last payment: £1.00 | July 2018
    Last fill payment: December 2017
    Arrangement: DMP till May 2018
    Owner: JD Williams
    March - Payment arrangement confirmation for Payplan's DMP, not longer using them.
    July - Received arrears letter and fact sheet from FCA

August - Received letter stating they haven't received payment from Payplan etc etc I have an overdue payment of £78.16. Will it carry on like this forever or will they eventually default?
    August - Payplan agreement finally cancelled by JD Williams
    October - Default noticed recieved

November - Received letter to say JD Williams has sold my debt along with a notice of assignment letter from Debt Managers (Services) LTD who have been sold the debt, they now act as data controller.
    December - new credit report shows default date of 15/11/2018
    December - Letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.
    December - Another letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.

January - Reply received from my CCA request. Account referred back to JD Williams for a copy of my CCA. Fee is no longer needed for this application. Account on hold.
    April - CCA received. No signature or x appears.
    May - Received 'we may consider taking action letter'
    May - Received another contact within 14 days or we will assess your account with a view to commencing court proceedings.
    May - Received 'urgent response required' email. Alerting me to my account being transferred to Debt Managers Ltd and asking for payment.
    Do I again ignore?

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
    save as to going thru all the thread did you as it was suggested in the beginning of your threads:- did you send CCA1974 to the webmaster for checking??
    For JD WIlliams? Yes and told unenforceable.

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
    just await their next contact. CCA as 2013 on line was it??

yet above in para 241 you state they have started the procedure and given you 30 does as per PAP. ??? so the recent letter is the usual in department one not knowing what the others are doing = ignore = what is your intention on how you want to deal with this??
    Yes it was online

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    save as to going thru all the thread did you as it was suggested in the beginning of your threads:- did you send CCA1974 to the webmaster for checking??

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    just await their next contact. CCA as 2013 on line was it??

yet above in para 241 you state they have started the procedure and given you 30 does as per PAP. ??? so the recent letter is the usual in department one not knowing what the others are doing = ignore = what is your intention on how you want to deal with this??

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Debt 4 JD WIlliams
    Opened: June 2013
    Type: Catalogue
    Current Balance: £1740
    Last payment: £1.00 | July 2018
    Last fill payment: December 2017
    Arrangement: DMP till May 2018
    Owner: JD Williams
    March - Payment arrangement confirmation for Payplan's DMP, not longer using them.
    July - Received arrears letter and fact sheet from FCA

August - Received letter stating they haven't received payment from Payplan etc etc I have an overdue payment of £78.16. Will it carry on like this forever or will they eventually default?
    August - Payplan agreement finally cancelled by JD Williams
    October - Default noticed recieved

November - Received letter to say JD Williams has sold my debt along with a notice of assignment letter from Debt Managers (Services) LTD who have been sold the debt, they now act as data controller.
    December - new credit report shows default date of 15/11/2018
    December - Letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.
    December - Another letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.

January - Reply received from my CCA request. Account referred back to JD Williams for a copy of my CCA. Fee is no longer needed for this application. Account on hold.
    April - CCA received. No signature or x appears.
    May - Received 'we may consider taking action letter'
    May - Recieved another contact within 14 days or we will assess your account with a view to commencing court proceedings.
    Do I ignore recent letter?

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Have you received an actual Claim Form from NCCBC or do you mean the 'Letter of Claim'?

Di
    It's a letter of claim, enclosed with a standard financial statement and a 4 page reply form. Section 1 - Do you owe the debt?; Section 2 - How will you pay?; Do you intend to get or are you already getting debt advice? It's headed Moriarty Law and states you have 30 days etc... if you don't, it could result in court proceedings.

Do I ignore this, what would be their next step?

Leave a comment:

replied
    Do I send back the claim form at the last min?.

Have you received an actual Claim Form from NCCBC or do you mean the 'Letter of Claim'?

Di

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied

Did you also see what I said in this post because it's important and could help you

Di
    Yes CCA request gas been sent. Do I send back the claim form at the last min?

I remember a short time back asking for documentation (not via cca request), when they first mentioned Moriarty Law and got a reply - 'Unfortunately, your account has now been transferred to Moriarty Law. You can contact them either by telephone, email or post. Please find below the details you require'.

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    CCA Request send Recorded Delivery keep copy

Leave a comment:

replied

I would immediately send a s77/78 CCA Request by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery including the £1 statutory fee.

You should send it to Lantern (formerly know as MMF) and also send a copy of your request to Moriarty Law.

Did you also see what I said in this post because it's important and could help you

Di

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied

I would immediately send a s77/78 CCA Request by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery including the £1 statutory fee.

You should send it to Lantern (formerly know as MMF) and also send a copy of your request to Moriarty Law.

What is the date on that 'Letter of Claim' from Moriarty Law?

Di
    It's dated 15th May.

Leave a comment:

replied
    So what should I do now?

. . . . . I've never done a cca request only a SAR.

What is the date on that 'Letter of Claim' from Moriarty Law?

Di

Leave a comment:

Working...
X