GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting myself out of debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting myself out of debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting myself out of debt

Debt 1: Natwest Loan £4889 | Being sent to Westcot | Part of DMP | DMP statues of credit report | ----> Default/ended, end date 2024
    Debt 2: Natwest OD £1248 | Being sent to Westcot | Part of DMP | DMP statues of credit report | ----> Default/ended & zero balance, end date 2024
    Debt 3: Very £767 | NCO dealing | Account still open | Part of DMP | ----> Default, end date 2024
    Debt 4: JD Williams £1740 | Account still open | Part of DMP | ----> Default, end date 2024
    Debt 5: Lloyds cc £457 | Minimum payments | £25 a month
    Debt 6: Marbles cc £656 | minimum payments | ----> Default, end date 2025
    Debt 7: Capital One £103 | minimum payments | ----> £20 a month
    Debt 8: Capital One £167 | minimum payments | ----> Paid off
    Debt 9: Aqua cc £167 | minimum payments | ----> Default, end date 2025
    Debt 10: Barclaycard £389 | minimum payments | ----> Paid off
    Debt 11: ARC (David Lloyd) £582 | £1 a month arrangement to pay| Doesn't appear on credit report at all but stopping paying membership July 2016 | ----> not on reports
    Debt 12: Lantern (QQ) £481 | IRL + SAR claim/request sent it | Had originally agreed to £2 a month repayment plan | ----> Not on reports
    Debt 13 Credit Resource Solutions (Trugym) £86 | Sent back to OC | Default on credit report | ---> Not on reports
    Debt 14: Credit Resolution Services (Lending Stream) ? | Sent back to OC | Default on credit report | ---> Not on reports

Debts 1 to 4 are on a dmp/token payments due to not being able to afford minimum payments
    Debts 5 to 10 I can afford minimum payments and have these paid off next year with a little extra
    Debt 12 Fall of credit report May 2018, they first contacted my in Jan 2018
    Debts 13 to 14 are due to fall of credit report November 2018 & March 2019.

So whats the next step? Lantern have already sent me all data via the SAR request.
    Last edited by debrag; 11 December 2021, 19:47.

Hi

The next step is, unfortunately, due to the number of accounts a lengthy one. That is to create a separate post on this thread for each individual account, including correspondence from/to the creditors. Then it will be easier to get tailored advice on a case by case basis.

You can find the guidance on how to set out a diary here (post #2) https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...-read-me-first

Incidentally it's best to round up figures a little bit, rather than exact £££'s.
    Last edited by Still Waving; 19 July 2018, 17:56.

Comment

Debt 1 Natwest Loan
      Opened: August 2016
      Type: Loan
      Current Balance: £4888
      Last payment: £1.00 | June 2018
      Last fill payment: December 2017
      Arrangement: DMP till May 2018
      March - Collections letter, i+e attached, ignored
      April - closing of accounts letter, payment proposal form attached, ignored
      May - Formal notice of intention to file a default
      June - Notice of arrears in compliance with CCA 1974
      June - Notice of refund of interest (£468)
      June - You have fail to comply letter received
      July - changes to ongoing management of repayment plan, partnered with Wescot, in touch within 14 days to management provider (no longer with them)
      August - yearly statement received
      September - credit report updated and loan is closed. Account defaulted August 2018

August - Letter received from AIC they are now managing my account on Natwest's behalf

January - Letter received from NatWest to say the collection agent they are now using is Zinc as their previous ones (I assume AIC) couldn't come to a suitable arrangement. I have been sent the same letter for all my 7 accounts! None are active, most were savings accounts and only 3 are on my credit report.
      February - Received letter from Zinc balance of £5667.01 (OD & Loan combined). 'Time is running out' letter
      July - received letter to say their collection agents haven't been able to come to a suitable arrangement so my details have been passed to Moorcroft.
      September - Received multiple letters from Moorcroft stating they have been unable to agree a repayment plan.
      November - Discount offer letter received from Moorcroft.

December - Marked as default/ended on credit report with a balance of £0. Has this been sold on?

August - OD has been sold so debt is only for the loan. Now just gone into 5 years since default.
      Last edited by debrag; 31 August 2022, 07:22.

Comment

Debt 2 Natwest OD
        Opened: January 2016
        Type: OD
        Current Balance: £1248
        Last payment: £1.00 | July 2018
        Last fill payment: n/a
        March - Collections letter, i+e attached, ignored
        April - closing of accounts letter, payment proposal form attached, ignored
        June - Closing of OD facility letter
        June - Notice of arrears in compliance with CCA 1974
        June - You have fail to comply letter received
        July - changes to ongoing management of repayment plan, partnered with Wescot, in touch within 14 days to management provider (no longer with them)
        August - loan interest has been paid off the OD, balance is now £799

January - Letter received from NatWest to say the collection agent they are now using is Zinc as their previous ones (I assume AIC) couldn't come to a suitable arrangement. I have been sent the same letter for all my 7 accounts! None are active, most were savings accounts and only 3 are on my credit report.
        July - received letter to say their collection agents haven't been able to come to a suitable arrangement so my details have been passed to Moorcroft

October - checking credit report I see this account is closed and satisfied 21st July 2021
        December - Marked as default/ended on credit report with a balance of £0. Has this been sold on?
        Last edited by debrag; 10 December 2021, 16:45.

Comment

Debt 3 Very
          Opened: December 2016
          Type: Catalogue
          Current Balance: £767
          Last fill payment: November 2017
          Arrangement: DMP / Not paying May 2018
          Owner: Very (NCO) / Lowell
          December - NCO letter, 'we are acting on behalf of Shop Direct'

January - Very statement
          March - NCO letter, Notice of Sums of Arrears under CCA 1974
          March - NCO letter, Total outstanding letter
          March - NCO letter, Confirmation of the following payment arrangement (£1)
          May - NCO letter - Concerns regarding overdue account
          June - Very statement
          July - Statement received along with arrears letter and fact sheet
          September - Credit limit has been reduced to £850.
          October - Received secure letter via email / message on account letting me know 'we appear to have not received your most recent payment' and that I have £401.13 in arrears
          November - Received secure letter via email / message on account letting me know 'we appear to have not received your most recent payment', overdue payment is for £426.80.
          December - Received secure letter via email ;The Customer Arrears Support Team need to speak to you, please get in touch.' Overdue amount of £450.67.
          December - Received secure 'please contact us' letter. 'You are seriously in arrears'.
          January - Received statement. Balance £767.73, min payment £493.50, arrears £472.87

January - Default notice received. In breach of arrears of £472.87 to be paid before 30th Jan 2019. Further enforcement action to be taken if not paid. Full balance is £767.73.
          Februrary - Welcome letter received from Lowell, along with assignment letter from Very/.Shop direct
          May - Received 'your payment is overdue' letter
          June - Received a 20% discount offer.
          July - Received an overdue payment letter
          July - Another 20% off settlement letter received
          August - Pre-legal assessment letter and annual statement received.
          August - 2nd pre-legal assessment letter
          August - Sent CCA request letter
          August - Receive a £50 cheque for my complaint ??
          October - Received CCA in the post

February - Recieved letter from Lowell about repayment plans, suggesting £30 a month + annual statement.
          March - Received offer letter from Lowell of 50% discount. Says I can set up a repayment plan.
          April - Letter received offering a 60% discount
          Last edited by debrag; 19 April 2020, 11:40.

Comment

Debt 4 JD WIlliams
            Opened: June 2013
            Type: Catalogue
            Current Balance: £1740
            Last fill payment: December 2017
            Owner: JD Williams
            March - Payment arrangement confirmation for Payplan's DMP, not longer using them.
            July - Received arrears letter and fact sheet from FCA

August - Received letter stating they haven't received payment from Payplan etc etc I have an overdue payment of £78.16. Will it carry on like this forever or will they eventually default?
            August - Payplan agreement finally cancelled by JD Williams
            October - Default noticed recieved

November - Received letter to say JD Williams has sold my debt along with a notice of assignment letter from Debt Managers (Services) LTD who have been sold the debt, they now act as data controller.
            December - new credit report shows default date of 15/11/2018
            December - Letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.
            December - Another letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.

January - Reply received from my CCA request. Account referred back to JD Williams for a copy of my CCA. Fee is no longer needed for this application. Account on hold.
            April - CCA received. No signature or x appears.
            May - Received 'we may consider taking action letter'
            May - Received another contact within 14 days or we will assess your account with a view to commencing court proceedings.
            May - Received 'urgent response required' email. Alerting me to my account being transferred to Debt Managers Ltd and asking for payment.

August - Letter received from Debt Managers. A reminder to pay. No you have to pay by x date.
            August - Letter received from Debt Managers. "We are looking to progress this to our external partner Restons Solicitors"
            October - Letter received from Restons Solicitors.
            November - Letter received from Restons asking me to fill in a financial statement online. Have given me till 13th November then they will issue a letter of claim.
            November - Receiving the same letter as emails now

October - Received welcome letter from Intrum who are now the owner of the debt. I am still to deal with Restons.
            Last edited by debrag; 10 October 2022, 09:16.

Comment

Debt 11 David Lloyd
              Opened: August 2016
              Type: Gym
              Current Balance: £582
              Last fill payment: July 2016
              Arrangement: Reduced payments
              Owner: ARC
              ARC if I don't pay start phoning, can I send the do not phone letter now?

August - received email + letter agreeing on a payment plan of £1 a month, I didn't agreed to this as I told them the agreement was £0.
              August - receiving calls every day/other day - ignoring - harassment letter has been sent
              September - received a 'could issue a claim' letter
              October - received a letter from Major Law Solicitors

March - Getting calls again from ARC - not paid since sometime November 2018, haven't heard form them for months.
              April - Tried to log in to my ARC account but the reference but can't
              May - Got onto their online system and account balance is £0
              Last edited by debrag; 28 May 2019, 15:36.

Comment

Debt 12 QQ
                Opened: January 2012
                Type: PDL
                Current Balance: £481
                Last payment: £1.00 | February 2016
                Last fill payment: £110 | February 2012
                Arrangement: None
                Owner: Lantern
                Fell of credit report May 2018, MMF/Lantern send email January 2018, payment set up for £2 a month, last payment June 2018, SAR letter sent, received all documentation including a breakdown and CCA. Full payment was £722 as stated in the CCA but on account info in SAR letter interest is £590, so that's £368 in extra charges . Have paid Lantern £8.

Email tennis - notice of overdue payment, payment plan offer, unable to afford payments
                Email - notice of formal complaint, payment plan offered by QQ, ignored
                Email - debt referral - ARC

Back to QQ
                Balance recieved via email - balance 695, 170 received from ARC - £499 in default
                Overdue payment emails

Overdue payment emails
                Loan balance requested - nothing received

Overdue payment emails - only 2 this time
                Notice of sale

Notice of assignment - MMF
                Repayment plan confirmation
                Fell off credit report

SAR sent + documents received
                Repayment plan closed by me
                August - Received response about my irresponsible lending claim and it was too long ago now.
                September - starting to receive calls, no letters or emails

April - Received letter/email for an outstanding balance of £481.16. Subject 'we're about to take action, contact us today'.
                April - Received letter via email '
                we will now instruct our solicitors to commence recovery action...f we do not hear from you within the next 7 days we will be left with no alternative but to refer your account to Moriarty Law Limited.'
                May - Received Letter of Claim from Moriarty Law giving me 30 days to return the form
                May - CCA request sent to Lantern and coy to Moriarty Law
                June - Received copy of cca from Lantern + final demand letter from Moriarty Law
                June - Letter received from Moriarty Law requesting my cca from their client. Account on hold & collection activity suspended

June - Received a statement of account, assignment letter (not letter headed paper) and cca. Cover letter mentions that they have confirmed the bank details to where the loan went?? I am to discuss payment within 30 days,
                July - Received letter from Moriarty Law giving me another 30 days. Can't find letter so unsure of date.
                August - Received a letter to say I would be receiving ccj papers soon. 14 days I can still arrange something with them.
                August - Same day receive ccj court papers! Date of claim 27th August 219
                September -
                Acknowledgment of Service done online
                September - CPR 31.14 sent. Received on 12th September
                September - Received email from Moriarty Law offering a repayment plan over 6 months and no longer. First instalment to be paid by 19th September, an out of court settlement. Otherwise county court papers to be returned by 24th September 2019.
                September 27th -
                Defence filed online
                September 28th - Reply to CPR 31.14 received. Again with no DN
                October - Acknowledgement letter received from the courts,
                October - Received letter from Moriarty Law to say that their client (Lantern) are continuing with their claim.
                October - Court questionnaire received.
                Last edited by debrag; 17 October 2019, 13:16.

Comment

Debt 13 Trugym
                  Opened: August 2012
                  Current Balance: £86
                  Last payment: November 2015
                  Last fill payment: March 2013 maybe
                  Owner: Credit Resolution Services

January - Email from Zinc "we have been instructed by our client to assist you with the resolution of your account."
                  March - Missed payment
                  April - Missed payment
                  June - balance update by email - £162
                  July - Settlement offer email - £114.33
                  July - Payment reminder email x 2

September - Arrears email, balance now £52.44
                  September - Settlement offer via email £39.33
                  September - email regarding settlement offer
                  October - Missed payment email, appear I was paying till May 2015
                  October - Payment reminder, £2.44
                  November - Trying to make contact email x 2, balance now £50, did I pay the £2.44??
                  December - We have not received a response email x 3

January - We have not received a response email x 3
                  Contact from CRS

June - Letter received stating account sent back to CRS
                  July - email received:

I would first like to explain that The Zinc Group are a third party organisation working under the instruction of our clients to assist their customers.

The Zinc Group are provided limited data and are considered only to be processors, however Credit Resolution Services (CRS) remain the controllers of the data associated with your account.

In light of this, CRS have requested that you contact them directly should you wish to submit a Data Subject Access Request. You can contact them, stating the reason for your DSAR, including your account details at
                  subjectaccessrequest@harlandsgroup.co.uk

I can confirm your account was returned to our client in March 2016. As The Zinc Group are no longer the managing agents of your account, you have not and will not receive further contact from us with regards to this matter.

August -
                  SAR received today. Last payment made November 2015 so SB November 2021! Very detailed SAR with screen shoots of all databases, they don't have an up to date landline though Looks like it went to 'doorstep' status at an old address lol Awaiting their next move

September - Received possible legal action letter
                  September - Received email saying they will accept me paying by bank transfer. Maybe I should pay them £0.01 a month lol

October - Letter received say account will be passed on to Zinc if I don't reply within 10 days
                  November - Email received to say I have a balance of £86 still and they will proceed with next actions to recover balance.
                  Last edited by debrag; 27 November 2018, 14:20.

Comment

Debt 14 Lending Stream
                    Opened: February 2012
                    Type: PDL
                    Current Balance: £86
                    Last payment: May 2012
                    Last full payment: 2012
                    Owner: Credit Resource Solutions
                    In dispute, LS claim balance is still 134

Deleted emails
                    Confused this debt with one above
                    CRS sent back to LS

Possibly SB March 2019
                    SAR request sent
                    August - received SAR documentation which is basically nothing. 2 screen shots of my details and an excel spreadsheet of notes. Not default, CCA, statement of account, no payments etc. Should I just ignore all letters from credit resource solutions?
                    Last edited by debrag; 14 March 2019, 11:37.

Comment

Any advice on what to do next? I am awaiting SAR request back from QQ and LS, I'd like to get these two off my credit report before the threats start

All debts are after 2007 so will probably be enforeable, if I can get Trugym & LS off my report along with QQ what can they do then?
                      Last edited by debrag; 20 July 2018, 10:14.

Comment

Warwick65 I think is your man here!

Comment

Should I still be paying debts 1 to 4 as they are all recent and probably will be enforceable. At the rate I'm paying it will be something like 14 years before they are paid off

Where do I sent my CCA's off for checking?
                          Last edited by debrag; 20 July 2018, 10:53.

Comment

Originally posted by debrag View Post
                            Should I still be paying debts 1 to 4 as they are all recent and probably will be enforceable. At the rate I'm paying it will be something like 14 years before they are paid off

Where do I sent my CCA's off for checking?
                            Niddy (nobody sees these but him so don't redacted any details > webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi

I am curious as to why you think the Lending stream debt may be SB in March 19, is that the date they recorded a default or were you making payments of some type up until then?

As for the rest, well it really is hard to give advice or even an opinion because every case is different. What I will say , from personal experience, there is a lot more to unenforceability than the S77/78 request although they are a good place to start

One thing I am never sure of is if a S87(1) DN is needed before a claim can be brought for a fixed term loan . I believe there used to be exceptions when the term was less than 3 months however many PDL's tried to become lines of revolving credit (like a low limit credit card really) and if that is the case a DN is needed. What is more a DN should be served by post and not email which is what they try to do.

I would be careful with Lantern- since they rejigged their ownership they seem to have 1) got their house into some type of order and b) become quite free and easy issuing claims

I had multiple payday loans from around 2012 or before. Some I settled, some I kicked up such a fuss they went back to the original creditor and some are now SB.There are only 2 or maybe 3 that could in theory try it on and only one of them is of any significant amount which I think they would have a problem justifying in court

Have you made affordability complaints against both PDL's ?

Comment

Working...
                              X