GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting myself out of debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting myself out of debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by debrag View Post
    Debt 4 JD WIlliams
    Opened: June 2013
    Type: Catalogue
    Current Balance: £1740
    Last payment: £1.00 | July 2018
    Last fill payment: December 2017
    Arrangement: DMP till May 2018
    Owner: JD Williams
    March - Payment arrangement confirmation for Payplan's DMP, not longer using them.
    July - Received arrears letter and fact sheet from FCA

August - Received letter stating they haven't received payment from Payplan etc etc I have an overdue payment of £78.16. Will it carry on like this forever or will they eventually default?
    August - Payplan agreement finally cancelled by JD Williams
    October - Default noticed recieved

November - Received letter to say JD Williams has sold my debt along with a notice of assignment letter from Debt Managers (Services) LTD who have been sold the debt, they now act as data controller.
    December - new credit report shows default date of 15/11/2018
    December - Letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.
    December - Another letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.
    Recevied another letter from BD N Brown, looks the same letter as before except it has added:

" if you ignore...you account will be:
    referred to our solicitors and we will take legal action....
    passed to our external agents who will contact you at your home address"

Now I don't want someone coming to the house or a court claim. When should I be CCA-ing or send the 'prove it' letter?
    Last edited by debrag; 19 December 2018, 10:59.

Comment

Recevied another letter from BD N Brown, looks the same letter as before except it has added:

" if you ignore...you account will be:
      referred to our solicitors and we will take legal action....
      passed to our external agents who will contact you at your home address"

Now I don't want someone coming to the house or a court claim. When should I be CCA-ing or send the 'prove it' letter?
      i would send CCA now, just on thing to mention, when they say will contact you at your home address, this may just mean that they phone you,
      You can also add a one liner at the bottom of the CCA to say that you do not give permission for anyone to call at the address mentiond in the letter

NW XXX
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by nightwatch View Post

i would send CCA now, just on thing to mention, when they say will contact you at your home address, this may just mean that they phone you,
        You can also add a one liner at the bottom of the CCA to say that you do not give permission for anyone to call at the address mentiond in the letter

NW XXX
        CCA request sent today signed for.

Comment

Debt 3 Very
          Opened: December 2016
          Current Balance: £767
          Last fill payment: November 2017
          Owner: Very (NCO)
          December - NCO letter, 'we are acting on behalf of Shop Direct'

January - Very statement
          March - NCO letter, Notice of Sums of Arrears under CCA 1974
          March - NCO letter, Total outstanding letter
          March - NCO letter, Confirmation of the following payment arrangement (£1)
          May - NCO letter - Concerns regarding overdue account
          June - Very statement
          July - Statement received along with arrears letter and fact sheet
          September - Credit limit has been reduced to £850.
          October - Received secure letter via email / message on account letting me know 'we appear to have not received your most recent payment' and that I have £401.13 in arrears
          November - Received secure letter via email / message on account letting me know 'we appear to have not received your most recent payment', overdue payment is for £426.80.
          December - Received secure letter via email ;The Customer Arrears Support Team need to speak to you, please get in touch.' Overdue amount of £450.67.
          December - Received secure 'please contact us' letter. 'You are seriously in arrears'.
          January - Received statement. Balance £767.73, min payment £493.50, arrears £472.87
          Another statement received. Been a [6] on my credit report since June, last payment was June also, last full payment was November/December 2017 I think, I just want a default

Comment

Debt 4 JD WIlliams
            Opened: June 2013
            Current Balance: £1740
            Last fill payment: December 2017
            Owner: JD Williams
            March - Payment arrangement confirmation for Payplan's DMP, not longer using them.
            July - Received arrears letter and fact sheet from FCA

August - Received letter stating they haven't received payment from Payplan etc etc I have an overdue payment of £78.16. Will it carry on like this forever or will they eventually default?
            August - Payplan agreement finally cancelled by JD Williams
            October - Default noticed recieved

November - Received letter to say JD Williams has sold my debt along with a notice of assignment letter from Debt Managers (Services) LTD who have been sold the debt, they now act as data controller.
            December - new credit report shows default date of 15/11/2018
            December - Letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.
            December - Another letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.
            Reply received from my CCA request. Account referred back to JD Williams for a copy of my CCA. Fee is no longer needed for this application. Account on hold.

Comment

• A new debt has cropped up

Anytime Fitness gym membership
              Balance - 147.80
              Owner - CCS Collect

Letter:

ACT NOW TO AVOID POTENTIAL LEGAL ACTION
              THIS IS A NOTICE OF INTENDED ACTION

To avoid out client reviewing your account for further recovery action, which includes possible legal action, please call to speak to one of our trained customer advisors

---

Do I need to do anything or just ignore, a CCA request wont work on a gym membership will it?

Comment

Debt 1: Natwest Loan £4889 | Being sent to Westcot | Part of DMP | DMP statues of credit report
                Debt 2: Natwest OD £1248 | Being sent to Westcot | Part of DMP | DMP statues of credit report
                Debt 3: Very £767 | NCO dealing | Account still open | Part of DMP
                Debt 4: JD Williams £1740 | Account still open | Part of DMP
                Debt 5: Lloyds cc £457 | Minimum payments
                Debt 6: Marbles cc £656 | minimum payments
                Debt 7: Capital One £103 | minimum payments
                Debt 8: Capital One £167 | minimum payments
                Debt 9: Aqua cc £167 | minimum payments
                Debt 10: Barclaycard £389 | minimum payments
                Debt 11: ARC (David Lloyd) £582 | £1 a month arrangement to pay| Doesn't appear on credit report at all but stopping paying membership July 2016
                Debt 12: Lantern (QQ) £481 | IRL + SAR claim/request sent it | Had originally agreed to £2 a month repayment plan
                Debt 13 Credit Resource Solutions (Trugym) £86 | Sent back to OC | Default on credit report
                Debt 14: Credit Resolution Services (Lending Stream) ? | Sent back to OC | Default on credit report

Debts 1 to 4 are on a dmp/token payments due to not being able to afford minimum payments
                Debts 5 to 10 I can afford minimum payments and have these paid off next year with a little extra
                Debt 12 Fall of credit report May 2018, they first contacted my in Jan 2018
                Debts 13 to 14 are due to fall of credit report November 2018 & March 2019.

So whats the next step? Lantern have already sent me all data via the SAR request.
                Update below

Debt 1: Natwest Loan £4889 | Being sent to Westcot in July | Not heard anything since July | Defaulted in July 2018
                Debt 2: Natwest OD £1248 | Being sent to Westcot in July | Not heard anything since July | Defaulted in July 2018
                Debt 3: Very £767 | NCO dealing | Not heard from NCO since May | No default yet!
                Debt 4: JD Williams £1740 | Dealing with Debt Managers LTD | Awaiting CCA | Defaulted December 2018 | No longer on Noddle or Clearscore reports - due to being sold on?
                Debt 5: Lloyds cc £457 | Minimum payments | continuing to pay
                Debt 6: Marbles cc £656 | minimum payments | Haven't paid in 2 months
                Debt 7: Capital One £103 | minimum payments | Cleared balance
                Debt 8: Capital One £167 | minimum payments | To be repaid in full in Feb 2019
                Debt 9: Aqua cc £167 | minimum payments | To be repaid in full in Feb 2019
                Debt 10: Barclaycard £389 | minimum payments |continuing to pay
                Debt 11: ARC (David Lloyd) £582 | No longer paying the £1 | Not heard from since October 2018 | Major Law Solicitors chasing
                Debt 12: Lantern (QQ) £481 | Not heard anything since August/September 2018
                Debt 13 Credit Resource Solutions (Trugym) £86 | Default on credit report | Not heard anything since November 2018
                Debt 14: Credit Resolution Services (Lending Stream) ? | No longer on any reports | Not heard anything since August 2018

Comment

A new debt has cropped up

Anytime Fitness gym membership
                  Balance - 147.80
                  Owner - CCS Collect

Letter:

ACT NOW TO AVOID POTENTIAL LEGAL ACTION
                  THIS IS A NOTICE OF INTENDED ACTION

To avoid out client reviewing your account for further recovery action, which includes possible legal action, please call to speak to one of our trained customer advisors

---

Do I need to do anything or just ignore, a CCA request wont work on a gym membership will it?
                  when did you start this membership, what type was it, ie joining fee and pay when you go, or monthly DD membership, did you try canceling membership???
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

when did you start this membership, what type was it, ie joining fee and pay when you go, or monthly DD membership, did you try canceling membership???
                    It was a years contract with a monthly DD. I think I cancelled in person, can't remember sorry

Comment

• Ok when did you start the membership and howlong ago dod you cancel,
                      the problem with Gym membership is that somewhere in the small print it has something that is impossable to get out of, ok so you think you cancelled in person so did you owe this money when you terminated the membership OR was it what was left to pay on it,
                      If you cant remember you could send and say you have no idea what this amount is for and need to see the contract you are supposed to have signed
                      OR
                      You could try a "have you got the right person letter"

Comment

Ok when did you start the membership and howlong ago dod you cancel,
                        the problem with Gym membership is that somewhere in the small print it has something that is impossable to get out of, ok so you think you cancelled in person so did you owe this money when you terminated the membership OR was it what was left to pay on it,
                        If you cant remember you could send and say you have no idea what this amount is for and need to see the contract you are supposed to have signed
                        OR
                        You could try a "have you got the right person letter"
                        I'm not really disputing that I owe the money just that I can't afford to pay it yet.

Comment

I'm not really disputing that I owe the money just that I can't afford to pay it yet.
                          then just write and tell them that.

Comment

Debt 3 Very
                            Opened: December 2016
                            Current Balance: £767
                            Last fill payment: November 2017
                            Owner: Very (NCO)
                            December - NCO letter, 'we are acting on behalf of Shop Direct'

January - Very statement
                            March - NCO letter, Notice of Sums of Arrears under CCA 1974
                            March - NCO letter, Total outstanding letter
                            March - NCO letter, Confirmation of the following payment arrangement (£1)
                            May - NCO letter - Concerns regarding overdue account
                            June - Very statement
                            July - Statement received along with arrears letter and fact sheet
                            September - Credit limit has been reduced to £850.
                            October - Received secure letter via email / message on account letting me know 'we appear to have not received your most recent payment' and that I have £401.13 in arrears
                            November - Received secure letter via email / message on account letting me know 'we appear to have not received your most recent payment', overdue payment is for £426.80.
                            December - Received secure letter via email ;The Customer Arrears Support Team need to speak to you, please get in touch.' Overdue amount of £450.67.
                            December - Received secure 'please contact us' letter. 'You are seriously in arrears'.
                            January - Received statement. Balance £767.73, min payment £493.50, arrears £472.87

January - Default notice received. In breach of arrears of £472.87 to be paid before 30th Jan 2019. Further enforcement action to be taken if not paid. Full balance is £767.73.
                            Is my account finally going be be defaulted?!

Comment

• NCO are in house debt department by the way

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                                NCO are in house debt department by the way
                                I know I haven't heard anything from them for months only statements from Very. The default was from Very.

Comment

Working...
                                X