GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting myself out of debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting myself out of debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• debrag
    replied
    Debt 12 QQ
    Opened: January 2012
    Type: PDL
    Current Balance: £481
    Last payment: £1.00 | February 2016
    Last fill payment: £110 | February 2012
    Arrangement: None
    Owner: Lantern
    Fell of credit report May 2018, MMF/Lantern send email January 2018, payment set up for £2 a month, last payment June 2018, SAR letter sent, received all documentation including a breakdown and CCA. Full payment was £722 as stated in the CCA but on account info in SAR letter interest is £590, so that's £368 in extra charges . Have paid Lantern £8.

Email tennis - notice of overdue payment, payment plan offer, unable to afford payments
    Email - notice of formal complaint, payment plan offered by QQ, ignored
    Email - debt referral - ARC

Back to QQ
    Balance recieved via email - balance 695, 170 received from ARC - £499 in default
    Overdue payment emails

Overdue payment emails
    Loan balance requested - nothing received

Overdue payment emails - only 2 this time
    Notice of sale

Notice of assignment - MMF
    Repayment plan confirmation
    Fell off credit report

SAR sent + documents received
    Repayment plan closed by me
    August - Received response about my irresponsible lending claim and it was too long ago now.
    September - starting to receive calls, no letters or emails

April - Received letter/email for an outstanding balance of £481.16. Subject 'we're about to take action, contact us today'.
    April - Received letter via email '
    we will now instruct our solicitors to commence recovery action...f we do not hear from you within the next 7 days we will be left with no alternative but to refer your account to Moriarty Law Limited.'
    May - Received Letter of Claim from Moriarty Law giving me 30 days to return the form
    May - CCA request sent to Lantern and coy to Moriarty Law
    June - Received copy of cca from Lantern + final demand letter from Moriarty Law
    June - Letter received from Moriarty Law requesting my cca from their client. Account on hold & collection activity suspended

June - Received a statement of account, assignment letter (not letter headed paper) and cca. Cover letter mentions that they have confirmed the bank details to where the loan went?? I am to discuss payment within 30 days,
    July - Received letter from Moriarty Law giving me another 30 days. Can't find letter so unsure of date.
    August - Received a letter to say I would be receiving ccj papers soon. 14 days I can still arrange something with them.
    August - Same day receive ccj court papers! Date of claim 27th August 219
    September -
    Acknowledgment of Service done online
    September - CPR 31.14 sent. Received on 12th September
    September - Received email from Moriarty Law offering a repayment plan over 6 months and no longer. First instalment to be paid by 19th September, an out of court settlement. Otherwise county court papers to be returned by 24th September 2019.
    September 27th -
    Defence filed online
    September 28th - Reply to CPR 31.14 received. Again with no DN
    October - Acknowledgement letter received from the courts,
    October - Received letter from Moriarty Law to say that their client (Lantern) are continuing with their claim.
    October - Court questionnaire received.
    Last edited by debrag; 17 October 2019, 13:16.

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Debt 11 David Lloyd
    Opened: August 2016
    Type: Gym
    Current Balance: £582
    Last payment: £1.00 | July 2018
    Last fill payment: July 2016
    Arrangement: Reduced payments
    Owner: ARC
    ARC if I don't pay start phoning, can I send the do not phone letter now?

August - received email + letter agreeing on a payment plan of £1 a month, I didn't agreed to this as I told them the agreement was £0.
    August - receiving calls every day/other day - ignoring - harassment letter has been sent
    September - received a 'could issue a claim' letter
    October - received a letter from Major Law Solicitors

March - Getting calls again from ARC - not paid since sometime November 2018, haven't heard form them for months.
    April - Tried to log in to my ARC account but the reference but can't
    May - Got onto their online system and account balance is £0
    Last edited by debrag; 28 May 2019, 15:36.

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Debt 4 JD WIlliams
    Opened: June 2013
    Type: Catalogue
    Current Balance: £1740
    Last fill payment: December 2017
    Arrangement: DMP till May 2018
    Owner: JD Williams
    March - Payment arrangement confirmation for Payplan's DMP, not longer using them.
    July - Received arrears letter and fact sheet from FCA

August - Received letter stating they haven't received payment from Payplan etc etc I have an overdue payment of £78.16. Will it carry on like this forever or will they eventually default?
    August - Payplan agreement finally cancelled by JD Williams
    October - Default noticed recieved

November - Received letter to say JD Williams has sold my debt along with a notice of assignment letter from Debt Managers (Services) LTD who have been sold the debt, they now act as data controller.
    December - new credit report shows default date of 15/11/2018
    December - Letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.
    December - Another letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.

January - Reply received from my CCA request. Account referred back to JD Williams for a copy of my CCA. Fee is no longer needed for this application. Account on hold.
    April - CCA received. No signature or x appears.
    May - Received 'we may consider taking action letter'
    May - Received another contact within 14 days or we will assess your account with a view to commencing court proceedings.
    May - Received 'urgent response required' email. Alerting me to my account being transferred to Debt Managers Ltd and asking for payment.

August - Letter received from Debt Managers. A reminder to pay. No you have to pay by x date.
    August - Letter received from Debt Managers. "We are looking to progress this to our external partner Restons Solicitors"
    October - Letter received from Restons Solicitors.
    November - Letter received from Restons asking me to fill in a financial statement online. Have given me till 13th November then they will issue a letter of claim.
    November - Receiving the same letter as emails now

October - Received welcome letter from Intrum who are now the owner of the debt. I am still to deal with Restons.
    Last edited by debrag; 10 October 2022, 09:16.

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Debt 3 Very
    Opened: December 2016
    Type: Catalogue
    Current Balance: £767
    Last fill payment: November 2017
    Arrangement: DMP / Not paying May 2018
    Owner: Very (NCO) / Lowell
    December - NCO letter, 'we are acting on behalf of Shop Direct'

January - Very statement
    March - NCO letter, Notice of Sums of Arrears under CCA 1974
    March - NCO letter, Total outstanding letter
    March - NCO letter, Confirmation of the following payment arrangement (£1)
    May - NCO letter - Concerns regarding overdue account
    June - Very statement
    July - Statement received along with arrears letter and fact sheet
    September - Credit limit has been reduced to £850.
    October - Received secure letter via email / message on account letting me know 'we appear to have not received your most recent payment' and that I have £401.13 in arrears
    November - Received secure letter via email / message on account letting me know 'we appear to have not received your most recent payment', overdue payment is for £426.80.
    December - Received secure letter via email ;The Customer Arrears Support Team need to speak to you, please get in touch.' Overdue amount of £450.67.
    December - Received secure 'please contact us' letter. 'You are seriously in arrears'.
    January - Received statement. Balance £767.73, min payment £493.50, arrears £472.87

January - Default notice received. In breach of arrears of £472.87 to be paid before 30th Jan 2019. Further enforcement action to be taken if not paid. Full balance is £767.73.
    Februrary - Welcome letter received from Lowell, along with assignment letter from Very/.Shop direct
    May - Received 'your payment is overdue' letter
    June - Received a 20% discount offer.
    July - Received an overdue payment letter
    July - Another 20% off settlement letter received
    August - Pre-legal assessment letter and annual statement received.
    August - 2nd pre-legal assessment letter
    August - Sent CCA request letter
    August - Receive a £50 cheque for my complaint ??
    October - Received CCA in the post

February - Recieved letter from Lowell about repayment plans, suggesting £30 a month + annual statement.
    March - Received offer letter from Lowell of 50% discount. Says I can set up a repayment plan.
    April - Letter received offering a 60% discount
    Last edited by debrag; 19 April 2020, 11:40.

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Debt 2 Natwest OD
    Opened: January 2016
    Type: OD
    Current Balance: £1248
    Last fill payment: n/a
    March - Collections letter, i+e attached, ignored
    April - closing of accounts letter, payment proposal form attached, ignored
    June - Closing of OD facility letter
    June - Notice of arrears in compliance with CCA 1974
    June - You have fail to comply letter received
    July - changes to ongoing management of repayment plan, partnered with Wescot, in touch within 14 days to management provider (no longer with them)
    August - loan interest has been paid off the OD, balance is now £799

January - Letter received from NatWest to say the collection agent they are now using is Zinc as their previous ones (I assume AIC) couldn't come to a suitable arrangement. I have been sent the same letter for all my 7 accounts! None are active, most were savings accounts and only 3 are on my credit report.
    July - received letter to say their collection agents haven't been able to come to a suitable arrangement so my details have been passed to Moorcroft

October - checking credit report I see this account is closed and satisfied 21st July 2021
    December - Marked as default/ended on credit report with a balance of £0. Has this been sold on?
    Last edited by debrag; 10 December 2021, 16:45.

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Debt 1 Natwest Loan
    Opened: August 2016
    Type: Loan
    Current Balance: £4888
    Last payment: £1.00 | June 2018
    Last fill payment: December 2017
    March - Collections letter, i+e attached, ignored
    April - closing of accounts letter, payment proposal form attached, ignored
    May - Formal notice of intention to file a default
    June - Notice of arrears in compliance with CCA 1974
    June - Notice of refund of interest (£468)
    June - You have fail to comply letter received
    July - changes to ongoing management of repayment plan, partnered with Wescot, in touch within 14 days to management provider (no longer with them)
    August - yearly statement received
    September - credit report updated and loan is closed. Account defaulted August 2018

August - Letter received from AIC they are now managing my account on Natwest's behalf

January - Letter received from NatWest to say the collection agent they are now using is Zinc as their previous ones (I assume AIC) couldn't come to a suitable arrangement. I have been sent the same letter for all my 7 accounts! None are active, most were savings accounts and only 3 are on my credit report.
    February - Received letter from Zinc balance of £5667.01 (OD & Loan combined). 'Time is running out' letter
    July - received letter to say their collection agents haven't been able to come to a suitable arrangement so my details have been passed to Moorcroft.
    September - Received multiple letters from Moorcroft stating they have been unable to agree a repayment plan.
    November - Discount offer letter received from Moorcroft.

December - Marked as default/ended on credit report with a balance of £0. Has this been sold on?

August - OD has been sold so debt is only for the loan. Now just gone into 5 years since default.
    Last edited by debrag; 31 August 2022, 07:22.

Leave a comment:

• Still Waving
    replied
    Hi

The next step is, unfortunately, due to the number of accounts a lengthy one. That is to create a separate post on this thread for each individual account, including correspondence from/to the creditors. Then it will be easier to get tailored advice on a case by case basis.

You can find the guidance on how to set out a diary here (post #2) https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...-read-me-first

Incidentally it's best to round up figures a little bit, rather than exact £££'s.
    Last edited by Still Waving; 19 July 2018, 17:56.

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    started a topic Getting myself out of debt

Getting myself out of debt

Debt 1: Natwest Loan £4889 | Being sent to Westcot | Part of DMP | DMP statues of credit report | ----> Default/ended, end date 2024
    Debt 2: Natwest OD £1248 | Being sent to Westcot | Part of DMP | DMP statues of credit report | ----> Default/ended & zero balance, end date 2024
    Debt 3: Very £767 | NCO dealing | Account still open | Part of DMP | ----> Default, end date 2024
    Debt 4: JD Williams £1740 | Account still open | Part of DMP | ----> Default, end date 2024
    Debt 5: Lloyds cc £457 | Minimum payments | £25 a month
    Debt 6: Marbles cc £656 | minimum payments | ----> Default, end date 2025
    Debt 7: Capital One £103 | minimum payments | ----> £20 a month
    Debt 8: Capital One £167 | minimum payments | ----> Paid off
    Debt 9: Aqua cc £167 | minimum payments | ----> Default, end date 2025
    Debt 10: Barclaycard £389 | minimum payments | ----> Paid off
    Debt 11: ARC (David Lloyd) £582 | £1 a month arrangement to pay| Doesn't appear on credit report at all but stopping paying membership July 2016 | ----> not on reports
    Debt 12: Lantern (QQ) £481 | IRL + SAR claim/request sent it | Had originally agreed to £2 a month repayment plan | ----> Not on reports
    Debt 13 Credit Resource Solutions (Trugym) £86 | Sent back to OC | Default on credit report | ---> Not on reports
    Debt 14: Credit Resolution Services (Lending Stream) ? | Sent back to OC | Default on credit report | ---> Not on reports

Debts 1 to 4 are on a dmp/token payments due to not being able to afford minimum payments
    Debts 5 to 10 I can afford minimum payments and have these paid off next year with a little extra
    Debt 12 Fall of credit report May 2018, they first contacted my in Jan 2018
    Debts 13 to 14 are due to fall of credit report November 2018 & March 2019.

So whats the next step? Lantern have already sent me all data via the SAR request.
    Last edited by debrag; 11 December 2021, 19:47.
Working...
X