GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting myself out of debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting myself out of debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cymruambyth
    replied
    As NW has suggested message Di; the way that you reply to one of these can be important in how you deal with any claim that may follow.
    di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied
    I suggest you have a word with Di , all cases are different.

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Originally posted by debrag View Post
    Debt 12 QQ
    Opened: January 2012
    Type: PDL
    Current Balance: £481
    Last payment: £1.00 | February 2016
    Last fill payment: £110 | February 2012
    Arrangement: None
    Owner: Lantern
    Fell of credit report May 2018, MMF/Lantern send email January 2018, payment set up for £2 a month, last payment June 2018, SAR letter sent, received all documentation including a breakdown and CCA. Full payment was £722 as stated in the CCA but on account info in SAR letter interest is £590, so that's £368 in extra charges . Have paid Lantern £8.

Email tennis - notice of overdue payment, payment plan offer, unable to afford payments
    Email - notice of formal complaint, payment plan offered by QQ, ignored
    Email - debt referral - ARC

Back to QQ
    Balance recieved via email - balance 695, 170 received from ARC - £499 in default
    Overdue payment emails

Overdue payment emails
    Loan balance requested - nothing received

Overdue payment emails - only 2 this time
    Notice of sale

Notice of assignment - MMF
    Repayment plan confirmation
    Fell off credit report

SAR sent + documents received
    Repayment plan closed by me
    August - Received response about my irresponsible lending claim and it was too long ago now.
    September - starting to receive calls, no letters or emails

April - Received letter/email for an outstanding balance of £481.16. Subject 'we're about to take action, contact us today'.
    April - Received letter via email '
    we will now instruct our solicitors to commence recovery action...f we do not hear from you within the next 7 days we will be left with no alternative but to refer your account to Moriarty Law Limited.'
    May - Received Letter of Claim from Moriarty Law giving me 30 days to return the form
    So what should I do now? Should I tick box D 'I dispute the debt' and box I 'I need more documents'. I've never done a cca request only a SAR. The CCA's I have (5) are all in html format.
    Last edited by debrag; 21 May 2019, 06:55.

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied
    Hi debrag,

sorry I can't help with PDL's coz I Know nothing. but I have found this website to be quite helpfull.

https://debtcamel.co.uk

hope it is of some help

Nightwatch

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Debt 4 JD WIlliams
    Opened: June 2013
    Type: Catalogue
    Current Balance: £1740
    Last payment: £1.00 | July 2018
    Last fill payment: December 2017
    Arrangement: DMP till May 2018
    Owner: JD Williams
    March - Payment arrangement confirmation for Payplan's DMP, not longer using them.
    July - Received arrears letter and fact sheet from FCA

August - Received letter stating they haven't received payment from Payplan etc etc I have an overdue payment of £78.16. Will it carry on like this forever or will they eventually default?
    August - Payplan agreement finally cancelled by JD Williams
    October - Default noticed recieved

November - Received letter to say JD Williams has sold my debt along with a notice of assignment letter from Debt Managers (Services) LTD who have been sold the debt, they now act as data controller.
    December - new credit report shows default date of 15/11/2018
    December - Letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.
    December - Another letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.

January - Reply received from my CCA request. Account referred back to JD Williams for a copy of my CCA. Fee is no longer needed for this application. Account on hold.
    April - CCA received. No signature or x appears.
    May - Received 'we may consider taking action letter'
    5th May received a 'please contact us within 14 days...we will consider taking legal action..."

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Debt 12 QQ
    Fell of credit report May 2018, MMF/Lantern send email January 2018, payment set up for £2 a month, last payment June 2018, SAR letter sent, received all documentation including a breakdown and CCA. Full payment was £722 as stated in the CCA but on account info in SAR letter interest is £590, so that's £368 in extra charges . Have paid Lantern £8.

Email tennis - notice of overdue payment, payment plan offer, unable to afford payments

Back to QQ
    Balance recieved via email - balance 695, 170 received from ARC - £499 in default
    Overdue payment emails

Overdue payment emails

Notice of sale

Fell off credit report

August - Received response about my irresponsible lending claim and it was too long ago now.

April - Received letter/email for an outstanding balance of £481.16. Subject 'we're about to take action, contact us today'.
    we will now instruct our solicitors to commence recovery action...f we do not hear from you within the next 7 days we will be left with no alternative but to refer your account to Moriarty Law Limited.'
    So it;s been over 7 days and nothing as yet.

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied
    I can't multi quote either, just copy and paste xx

post 3
    Debt 1 Natwest Loan
    Opened: August 2016
    Type: Loan
    Current Balance: £4889
    Last payment: £1.00 | June 2018
    Last fill payment: December 2017
    March - Collections letter, i+e attached, ignored
    April - closing of accounts letter, payment proposal form attached, ignored
    May - Formal notice of intention to file a default
    June - Notice of arrears in compliance with CCA 1974
    June - Notice of refund of interest (£468
    June - You have fail to comply letter received
    July - changes to ongoing management of repayment plan, partnered with Wescot, in touch within 14 days to management provider (no longer with them)
    August - yearly statement received
    September - credit report updated and loan is closed. Account defaulted August 2018

Last edited by debrag; 12th September 2018, 20:43.

post 4 Debt 2 Natwest OD
    Opened: January 2016
    Type: OD
    Current Balance: £1248
    Last fill payment: n/a
    March - Collections letter, i+e attached, ignored
    April - closing of accounts letter, payment proposal form attached, ignored
    June - Closing of OD facility letter
    June - Notice of arrears in compliance with CCA 1974
    June - You have fail to comply letter received
    July - changes to ongoing management of repayment plan, partnered with Wescot, in touch within 14 days to management provider (no longer with them)
    August - loan interest has been paid off the OD, balance is now £799

Last edited by debrag; 1st December 2018, 18:19.

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Yes, plenty

Can you guide me to the post on your Diary which list the history of this NatWest debt before I can make any helpful suggestions as to your next steps (if any)?

Di
    Post's 3+4, can't multi quote sorry

Leave a comment:

• Warwick65
    replied
    If the balance shows as 0 it may suggest they either have sold it or have written it down ready for sale. Not much you can do tbh

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Debt 11 David Lloyd
    Opened: August 2016
    Type: Gym
    Current Balance: £582
    Last fill payment: July 2016
    Arrangement: Reduced payments
    Owner: ARC
    ARC if I don't pay start phoning, can I send the do not phone letter now?

August - received email + letter agreeing on a payment plan of £1 a month, I didn't agreed to this as I told them the agreement was £0.
    August - receiving calls every day/other day - ignoring - harassment letter has been sent
    September - received a 'could issue a claim' letter
    October - received a letter from Major Law Solicitors

March - Getting calls again from ARC - not paid since sometime November 2018, haven't heard form them for months.
    April - Tried to log in to my ARC account but the reference but can't
    ARC have a new login system (I haven't signed up to it), 'quick pay' shows my account as £0. Has it been sold on then?

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Debt 12 QQ

Back to QQ
    Overdue payment emails

Overdue payment emails

Notice of sale

Fell off credit report

So looks like account is getting sent to Moriarty Law. Should I do anything at all? MY David Lloyd/ARC account went to then in October 2018 & I received a letter demanding to hear from me within 14 days. I've heard nothing since that letter. Have since been getting calls from ARC again.

Leave a comment:

• Joanna Connolly Solicitors
    replied
    1 year down 5 to go with natwest. Anyone had any experience with them?

Yes, plenty

Can you guide me to the post on your Diary which list the history of this NatWest debt before I can make any helpful suggestions as to your next steps (if any)?

Di

Leave a comment:

• Right-a-wrong
    replied
    Hi debrag, My OH had a debt of over 10k with Nat West, when CCA’d they admitted immediately they had no agreement, (misfiled - yeah right) rather unsurprisingly they sold it on to PRA within 10 months of default, (and no contact whatsoever from OH) still at the handful of calls a day stage from PRA, they go straight to voicemail as the numbers are barred, not a single letter from them yet except the NOA. I’m sure they’ll appear in the not too distant future.

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied
    You may well have opened the account online, but the agreement was sent after for you to sign, probably after you had received the goods and just as you paid the first payment to them,
    As I have said before this was/is how they work/worked.
    even if one part was signed and returned, I dont think they bothered to check if you signed it yourself or Micky Mouse did it for you.
    unless they have the signed one and the T&C's that went with it they will struggle to take it to court,
    they can report it to credit reference agencys, they can also ask you to pay up, BUT, as it is UE you do not have to make a payment.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X