GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting myself out of debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting myself out of debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warwick65
    replied
    So if they keep taking the money this will push you over your od limit won't it, thus costing you lots in fees etc. Hence get a written notice to stop paying the cpa immediately. Also if you have a debit card, maybe "report it lost' and ask for a new one

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    Originally posted by debrag View Post
    I'm still a student. The payments are going from my bank to Credit Resource Solutions.
    Don't know who your banker is but for these payments
    NAT West.
    https://personal.natwest.com/persona...nsactions.html
    Barclays
    https://www.barclays.co.uk/help/paym...hority--cpa--/

There will be similar facilities with other Banks

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    I'm still a student. The payments are going from my bank to Credit Resource Solutions.

Leave a comment:

• Warwick65
    replied
    Ask the bank in writing to cancel the cpa If they won't then escalate to a formal complaint. From there go to the fos. How long is it since you graduated, there are still graduate accounts available I think.

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    So who do I contact about payments still going out my bank account for £1.49 each month? Credit Resource Solutions claim the last payment was April 2018 and that they are no longer dealing with this case. I seem to be getting no where with them. Does anyone have a template I can use to send to both them and the bank?

It's not a direct debit and I don't actually use the account
    We seem to be discussing at crossed purposes here.
    The £1.49 each month isn't going to Credit Resource Solutions but is the Student £500 o/d facility? Is this correct?

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    It's not a direct debit and I don't actually use the account

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    Lived here nearly 3 years (09/18) and never had any letters other than from Natwest. In fact the others have an address that I moved from in May 2014. The bank payments are debit transactions so I'm assuming CPA. I'd move from this bank but it's my student account with a £500 OD limit at it's limit. Will get round to phone the bank (Barclays) later today.
    The idea is to have a current account with a Bank other than your current creditors for making payments etc..Also a safe place to save into your Fighting fund which is other than your existing Bankers, because Banks have the right of set off between your accounts!
    You can leave this account open and the student o/d at its limit but you must be able to control the D/D's etc
    The plan is for you to take control of your debts and outlays here!

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Originally posted by Roger View Post
    As you now know Credit Resource Solutions is smoke and mirrors and they are giving you the run around!
    If you Bank won't cancel this Direct Debt. Open a current account at another bank and then close or empty this account!
    As for any letters you receive file away and date the envelope.
    Get into the habit of filing and dating letters from your creditors. Good filing and a fleshed out Diary will enable the MODS to give good advice.
    Lived here nearly 3 years (09/18) and never had any letters other than from Natwest. In fact the others have an address that I moved from in May 2014. The bank payments are debit transactions so I'm assuming CPA. I'd move from this bank but it's my student account with a £500 OD limit at it's limit. Will get round to phone the bank (Barclays) later today.

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    As you now know Credit Resource Solutions is smoke and mirrors and they are giving you the run around!
    If you Bank won't cancel this Direct Debt. Open a current account at another bank and then close or empty this account!
    As for any letters you receive file away and date the envelope.
    Get into the habit of filing and dating letters from your creditors. Good filing and a fleshed out Diary will enable the MODS to give good advice.

Leave a comment:

• Timewilltell
    replied
    Just call your bank and cancel the payment, can do it yourself via online/app banking with some banks.
    Once you’ve cancelled it at bank then you’ll probably get a letter from CRS confirming payment ceased.

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Debt 14 Lending Stream

In dispute, LS claim balance is still 134

Deleted emails
    Confused this debt with one above
    CRS sent back to LS

Possibly SB March 2019
    SAR request sent
    So who do I contact about payments still going out my bank account for £1.49 each month? Credit Resource Solutions claim the last payment was April 2018 and that they are no longer dealing with this case. I seem to be getting no where with them. Does anyone have a template I can use to send to both them and the bank?

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post

Looks like I git the two mixed up - It is almost as if they want to confuse people.

I do stand by what i said about is the debt CCA regulated and about the professionalism of the Zinc Group - I got rid of them quite quickly
    This debt is a gym so not sure the route to take other than ignore.

Leave a comment:

• Warwick65
    replied

There is Credit Resolution Services & Credit Resource Solutions and I get confused who is who and who is dealing with who. An email from Credit Resolution Services stated 'CRS is a trading style of Harlands Services Ltd' not sure what that means.
    Looks like I git the two mixed up - It is almost as if they want to confuse people.

I do stand by what i said about is the debt CCA regulated and about the professionalism of the Zinc Group - I got rid of them quite quickly

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    FCA
    Harlands Services Ltd two entries
    1/ Payment services Firm
    2/ Lapsed for Consumer Credit and Debt Collecting

Trading names : Credit Resolution Services,Harlands,I C S,H S L,Instalment Collection Services,C R S,Harlands Services

Small wonder you are confused its smoke and mirrors.

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Just found this on companies house:

Company status: Dissolved Dissolved on: 9 October 2012 Company type: Private limited Company Incorporated on: 20 May 2005
    Incorporated on 25 October 1994 as Harlands.

IS that just saying they are now part of Harlands as their email small print suggest?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X