GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting myself out of debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting myself out of debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    a lot fd credit cards have done that saying folowing policy of regulator also suggesting pay extra each month to clear quicker
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 21 September 2018, 12:58.

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Originally posted by debrag View Post
    Debt 3 Very
    Opened: December 2016
    Type: Catalogue
    Current Balance: £767
    Last payment: £1.00 | July 2018
    Last fill payment: November 2017
    Arrangement: DMP till May 2018
    Owner: Very (NCO)
    December - NCO letter, 'we are acting on behalf of Shop Direct'

January - Very statement
    March - NCO letter, Notice of Sums of Arrears under CCA 1974
    March - NCO letter, Total outstanding letter
    March - NCO letter, Confirmation of the following payment arrangement (£1)
    May - NCO letter - Concerns regarding overdue account
    June - Very statement
    July - Statement received along with arrears letter and fact sheet
    September - Credit limit has been reduced to £850.
    So Very have reduced my credit limit, that's been my limit for months now! I haven't paid anything since 7th July and they currently aren't chasing me.

Leave a comment:

• Warwick65
    replied

Account is now closed so I take it it has been sold on, the OD is still open though
    My guess, and until you get something in writing it is a guess ,
    The account may well have been sold on , possibly to cabot (hopefully Cabot Financial (UK) )
    If it has been sold you will probably get a new entry on your credit report from the new owners but the default date MUST be the same

If it has been sold, wait and see what they want to do - it might be send a S77 request but don't do anything just yet

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Debt 1 Natwest Loan
    Opened: August 2016
    Type: Loan
    Current Balance: £4889
    Last payment: £1.00 | June 2018
    Last fill payment: December 2017
    Arrangement: DMP till May 2018
    March - Collections letter, i+e attached, ignored
    April - closing of accounts letter, payment proposal form attached, ignored
    May - Formal notice of intention to file a default
    June - Notice of arrears in compliance with CCA 1974
    June - Notice of refund of interest (£468
    June - You have fail to comply letter received
    July - changes to ongoing management of repayment plan, partnered with Wescot, in touch within 14 days to management provider (no longer with them)
    August - yearly statement received
    September - credit report updated and loan is closed
    Account is now closed so I take it it has been sold on, the OD is still open though

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    What should I do about the possible legal action from Credit Resolution Services/Trugym? I don't have a cca and haven't sent a request yet, will try for one today if the post office is open, can I sent an account in dispute letter? They haven't complied with my SAR from 22nd July, I don't think.

Is it legal for them to only accept payments by phone and have no website?

I'm assuming that they will take action two - out source to DCA rather than court for £86

EDIT apparently I can just ignore Credit Resolution Services
    Last edited by debrag; 8 September 2018, 08:07.

Leave a comment:

• Warwick65
    replied
    If I am reading the correctly they are saying your complaint is out of time because you took the loan out more than 6 years ago. You are wondering what you should do now?

have I got that right

I would escalate this to the FOS and argue the 6 year time limit does not apply in this case because you only became aware of the possibility these accounts could be classed as unaffordable very recently. You might want to link to debt camels blog because that is much less than 6 years old.

There is no harm in escalating the complaint- in fact these people rely on the fact you WON'T escalate

I have had some sucess in getting debts written off either partially or totally with complaints to the FOS ( I have also had a couple that got me no where)

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    Warwick65

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    do you have the CCA19774 copy if so send to the webmaster to check if enforceable or unenforceable? for starters

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
    not a PAP,thern they are hoping you get freightened, they are tring to baffle you with possibilities i.e.:- if/buts.

any CCA1974 if sent send un-redacted to:- webmaster-all-about-debt@.uk.com
    What should I do? Ignore or send a letter

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    not a PAP,thern they are hoping you get freightened, they are tring to baffle you with possibilities i.e.:- if/buts.

any CCA1974 if sent send un-redacted to:- webmaster-all-about-debt@.uk.com

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Debt 12 QQ
    Opened: January 2012
    Type: PDL
    Current Balance: £481
    Last payment: £1.00 | February 2016
    Last fill payment: £110 | February 2012
    Arrangement: None
    Owner: Lantern
    Fell of credit report May 2018, MMF/Lantern send email January 2018, payment set up for £2 a month, last payment June 2018, SAR letter sent, received all documentation including a breakdown and CCA. Full payment was £722 as stated in the CCA but on account info in SAR letter interest is £590, so that's £368 in extra charges . Have paid Lantern £8.

Email tennis - notice of overdue payment, payment plan offer, unable to afford payments
    Email - notice of formal complaint, payment plan offered by QQ, ignored
    Email - debt referral - ARC

Back to QQ
    Balance recieved via email - balance 695, 170 received from ARC - £499 in default
    Overdue payment emails

Overdue payment emails
    Loan balance requested - nothing received

Overdue payment emails - only 2 this time
    Notice of sale

Notice of assignment - MMF
    Repayment plan confirmation
    Fell off credit report

SAR sent + documents received
    Repayment plan closed by me
    Received response for IR

We thank you for your complaint regarding the above account. We take complaints very seriously and have investigated the matter fully. However, our investigation indicates that the matter you are complaining of occurred outside the complaint handling time limits.

As you may know, we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and are bound by their rules and guidance. The complaint handling rules are known as DISP and specifically in your case, DISP 1.8.1( R ) states
    "If a respondent receives a complaint which is outside the time limits for a referral to the Financial Ombudsman Service (see DISP 2.8) it may reject the complaint without considering the merits….”

Our investigation determined that the event you are complaining of, i.e. when you took out your loan/s, occurred outside the time limits below and we are therefore rejecting your complaint on this basis.

We appreciate your comments about the loan/these loans being unaffordable. However, as your loans were taken out greater than six years from the time of your complaint, you would have been reasonably aware of this issue at the time you were making your repayments.

I understand you may be disappointed but hope this explanation explains why we have taken this position.

If you remain unhappy with our Final Response, we need to ensure you are aware of your rights of referral to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).

You have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, free of charge.
    The Ombudsman might not be able to consider your complaint if:

• what you’re complaining about happened more than six years ago, and
    • you’re complaining more than three years after you realised (or should have realised) that there was a problem.

We think that your complaint was made outside of these time limits but this is a matter for the Ombudsman to decide. If the Ombudsman agrees with us, they will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances (see below).

If you do decide to refer your complaint to the Ombudsman you must do so within six months of the date of this letter.

If you do not refer your complaint to the Ombudsman within six months of the date of this letter, the Ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances.
    The very limited circumstances referred to above include, where the Ombudsman believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances.

As this is our Final Response regarding your concerns to the above referenced account, if you are not happy with this outcome I need to ensure that you are aware of the ultimate availability of the Financial Ombudsman Service. You have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, free of charge but you must do so within six months of the date of this letter. If you do not refer your complaint in time, the Ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances. For example, if the Ombudsman believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances. I have provided you with a link to the leaflet for your information to assist you if you decide to pursue this further course of action. They can be contacted at:
    The Financial Ombudsman Service,
    Exchange Tower,
    London,
    E14 9SR.
    Tel: 0300 123 9123

Please make note, a right to access your QuickQuid/Pounds to Pocket account has been submitted on your behalf. You will receive a separate email with instructions.
    Should I now go down the CCA route? or just wait as I haven't heard from Lantern for a while.
    Last edited by debrag; 1 September 2018, 10:41.

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
    was that a PAP letter of say 4-5 pages pre action protocol type? letter

if not then not pre action letter
    no it was just one page

Click image for larger version

Name:	trugym.png
Views:	135
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	1514204

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    was that a PAP letter of say 4-5 pages pre action protocol type? letter

if not then not pre action letter
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 1 September 2018, 09:37.

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    Diana Mayhew

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Debt 13 Trugym
    Opened: August 2012
    Current Balance: £86
    Last payment: November 2015
    Last fill payment: March 2013 maybe
    Arrangement: None
    Owner: Credit Resolution Services

January - Email from Zinc "we have been instructed by our client to assist you with the resolution of your account."
    March - Missed payment
    April - Missed payment
    June - balance update by email - £162
    July - Settlement offer email - £114.33
    July - Payment reminder email x 2

September - Arrears email, balance now £52.44
    September - Settlement offer via email £39.33
    September - email regarding settlement offer
    October - Missed payment email, appear I was paying till May 2015
    October - Payment reminder, £2.44
    November - Trying to make contact email x 2, balance now £50, did I pay the £2.44??
    December - We have not received a response email x 3

January - We have not received a response email x 3
    Contact from CRS

June - Letter received stating account sent back to CRS
    July - email received:

I would first like to explain that The Zinc Group are a third party organisation working under the instruction of our clients to assist their customers.

The Zinc Group are provided limited data and are considered only to be processors, however Credit Resolution Services (CRS) remain the controllers of the data associated with your account.

In light of this, CRS have requested that you contact them directly should you wish to submit a Data Subject Access Request. You can contact them, stating the reason for your DSAR, including your account details at
    subjectaccessrequest@harlandsgroup.co.uk

I can confirm your account was returned to our client in March 2016. As The Zinc Group are no longer the managing agents of your account, you have not and will not receive further contact from us with regards to this matter.

August -
    SAR received today. Last payment made November 2015 so SB November 2021! Very detailed SAR with screen shoots of all databases, they don't have an up to date landline though Looks like it went to 'doorstep' status at an old address lol Awaiting their next move
    Received a possible legal action letter for £86!!!! If I don't pay and they issue a ccj and I then don't pay it will be out sourced. I have 10 days to act. It would be nice if you could make payment arrangements/pay online but no you have to phone. I'd rather pay then get a ccj for £86. They are defiantly just in house for Harlands group as their web address just redirects to Harlands

Leave a comment:

Working...
X