GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting myself out of debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting myself out of debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• debrag
    replied
    Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
    Is this a CCA regulated debt?

I wonder if this is the same zinc group who I came across briefly a few years back - if memory serves me they had offices in Stratford upon Avon and Glasgow. They were not terribly professional and I think at the time there was some question over their OFT licence ( it was that long ago).

I am not sure where you get the part about CRS being inhouse debt collectors for harlands. I have found a post on another forum that says they are but the owners of CRS are mark and Julie Calvert. Unless of course I am looking at the wrong companies
    It looks as if harlands are a company who manage subscriptions and are ultimately owned by two people with the same surname from Auckland NZ (Murray and Robyn Bolton who are both in their mid to late 60's)

From their email I would think Zinc have not improved their expertise (or lack) and that the data controller is indeed Harlands

I would tend to leave well alone
    There is Credit Resolution Services & Credit Resource Solutions and I get confused who is who and who is dealing with who. An email from Credit Resolution Services stated 'CRS is a trading style of Harlands Services Ltd' not sure what that means.

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Warwick65
    replied
    Is this a CCA regulated debt?

I wonder if this is the same zinc group who I came across briefly a few years back - if memory serves me they had offices in Stratford upon Avon and Glasgow. They were not terribly professional and I think at the time there was some question over their OFT licence ( it was that long ago).

I am not sure where you get the part about CRS being inhouse debt collectors for harlands. I have found a post on another forum that says they are but the owners of CRS are mark and Julie Calvert. Unless of course I am looking at the wrong companies
    It looks as if harlands are a company who manage subscriptions and are ultimately owned by two people with the same surname from Auckland NZ (Murray and Robyn Bolton who are both in their mid to late 60's)

From their email I would think Zinc have not improved their expertise (or lack) and that the data controller is indeed Harlands

I would tend to leave well alone

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    Originally posted by debrag View Post
    Yep no contact from me would a CCA request be the way to go when/if I ever hear from them?
    It's £86 I wouldn't raise a CCA in fact I would do nothing until or unless it became threatening. .

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Originally posted by Roger View Post
    Well it says "..you have not and will not receive further contact from us with regards to this matter. .." Take them at their word and await whom, or whoever next surfaces. I would place this as low priority. As there seems to be no immediate threat I wouldn't ask for a SAR. Just Silence.
    Yep no contact from me would a CCA request be the way to go when/if I ever hear from them?

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    Well it says "..you have not and will not receive further contact from us with regards to this matter. .." Take them at their word and await whom, or whoever next surfaces. I would place this as low priority. As there seems to be no immediate threat I wouldn't ask for a SAR. Just Silence.

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Debt 13 Trugym

Opened: August 2012
    Current balance: 86
    Last payment: None as was set up for Credit Resource Solution by mistake, Credit Resolution Services don't have a function to set up payment online, I won't be paying them then.
    Last full payment: March 2013
    Arrangement: Nothing
    Owner: Credit Resolution Services, account being sent back to Trugym

January - Email from Zinc "we have been instructed by our client to assist you with the resolution of your account."
    March - Missed payment
    April - Missed payment
    June - balance update by email - £162
    July - Settlement offer email - £114.33
    July - Payment reminder email x 2

September - Arrears email, balance now £52.44
    September - Settlement offer via email £39.33
    September - email regarding settlement offer
    October - Missed payment email, appear I was paying till May 2015
    October - Payment reminder, £2.44
    November - Trying to make contact email x 2, balance now £50, did I pay the £2.44??
    December - We have not received a response email x 3

January - We have not received a response email x 3
    Contact from CRS

June - Letter received stating account sent back to CRS

email received:

Thank you for your email.

I would first like to explain that The Zinc Group are a third party organisation working under the instruction of our clients to assist their customers.

The Zinc Group are provided limited data and are considered only to be processors, however Credit Resolution Services (CRS) remain the controllers of the data associated with your account.

In light of this, CRS have requested that you contact them directly should you wish to submit a Data Subject Access Request. You can contact them, stating the reason for your DSAR, including your account details at subjectaccessrequest@harlandsgroup.co.uk

I can confirm your account was returned to our client in March 2016. As The Zinc Group are no longer the managing agents of your account, you have not and will not receive further contact from us with regards to this matter.
    So CRS (Credit Resolution Services) are in house agents for Harlands? Funny how Zinc are saying that they returned the account to their clients in 2016 but I got a letter June 2018 saying that they 'have now' returned it!

Jan 2016 was my last contact with, then Dec 2016 I first heard from CRS 'please call us...' I then got the 'URGENT - PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY UPON RECEIPT OF THIS LETTER' letter Jan 2018. I then get a letter as I am disputing payments made (turns out I paid Credit Resource Solutions, not Credit Resolution Services, who have my Lending Stream account) saying they currently don't have online facilities to set up payments + No arrangement has been made regarding this debt due to TruGym . I'm hoping that this is a good thing and my last payment was 2016 some time (not good for the LS debt though).
    Last edited by debrag; 24 July 2018, 11:37.

Leave a comment:

• Still Waving
    replied

I'd want them to default though right? Otherwise it will stay on my file for many years
    What I said was "if it comes to the crunch" - ie if the situation arises where one of the creditors has issued a Letter Before Action and you don't have a good defence, then you could seek to make an arrangement to pay by small instalments, pointing out that you have other creditors too. That would prevent it getting to court and a possible CCJ (the protocols expect both parties to try to reach an agreement rather than proceed to court). In my view that would be a better proposition than giving away lump sums in a F&F

I was not saying continue with the small payments now. Yes what you want is for the accounts to be defaulted and terminated (and subsequently sold on).

You say a CCJ could come at any time even years down the line. Most CCJ's are obtained by default because the alleged debtor ignores letters from creditors and buries their head in the sand. As Roger says that is where a strategy and plan are important.

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied

If I knew I was staying in this property for 6+ more years then it wouldn't matter but renting with a CCJ is hard. Plus a CCJ could come any time even years down the line.
    One of the reasons why I followed AAD is because irrespective of whether to set up a payment plan or partial payments or whatever whilst that Debt exists the threat of CCJ exists! DBA's can raise a claim. So it makes sense to prepare for contingencies and use whatever is legitimately available to protect Ourselves.

The S 77/78 CCA is a protection under the Law until it has been fulfilled. It is a Consumers Right under the Act. Their are other reasons for UE of course.

Warwick has pointed out the Nat West as being your biggest debt, the others are small by and large. The Nat West you obviously can't afford to pay so save the money wait until there is a assignment of this or a clear legal threat.
    The others well divide and conquer can be achieved by keeping them at bay and dealing with them individually as and if they become a threat!
    In other words a plan and a strategy!!

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post

If avoiding a CCJ at all costs is your priority, I would treat each debt on a case by case basis but saving , if you can, so should you need to, you have some funds.

The potential problem, if it is a problem , is that the debts are relatively small so engaging a solicitor for some may not be cost effective. The NatWest loan is probably the exception.

That doesn’t mean they are not worth fighting

Take each letter as it comes, things will quieten down as time goes by
    If I knew I was staying in this property for 6+ more years then it wouldn't matter but renting with a CCJ is hard. Plus a CCJ could come any time even years down the line.

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

If it ever comes to the crunch, personally I would be inclined to do what you have done previously - that is pay them very small sums over a very long period.
    You could use your put aside money for your own benefit.
    I'd want them to default though right? Otherwise it will stay on my file for many years

Leave a comment:

• Warwick65
    replied
    I don't want a CCJ so will want to stop court action at all costs. From now on I will awaiting the letters and drag it out as long as I can
    If avoiding a CCJ at all costs is your priority, I would treat each debt on a case by case basis but saving , if you can, so should you need to, you have some funds.

The potential problem, if it is a problem , is that the debts are relatively small so engaging a solicitor for some may not be cost effective. The NatWest loan is probably the exception.

That doesn’t mean they are not worth fighting

Take each letter as it comes, things will quieten down as time goes by

Leave a comment:

• Still Waving
    replied
    I shall be putting money aside in case it every gets to the point of needing a F&F offer. Till then bring it on lol
    If it ever comes to the crunch, personally I would be inclined to do what you have done previously - that is pay them very small sums over a very long period.
    You could use your put aside money for your own benefit.

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    I shall be putting money aside in case it every gets to the point of needing a F&F offer. Till then bring it on lol

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    I don't want a CCJ so will want to stop court action at all costs. From now on I will awaiting the letters and drag it out as long as I can
    Well who does?
    But the actual process is lengthy and the door is always open for settlements. The Law actually is on our side since we are the Consumers. See the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

But Debt Collectors prey on your fears! your nightmares!

Consider this venture capitalists invest in Funds which are used to BUY up Bad Debts.
    We never know or hear from where this investment funds comes from do we! Drugs, Vice, Off shore? Dictators? I mean Who knows. This Funding is used to bulk buy (often in monthly tranches) debts for pennies of their face value.
    Increasingly the Debt Collection Groups seek the full face value of the Bad Debt.
    Now here is the interesting anomaly because the Debtor considered and labelled Uncreditworthy! is for the DBA's a good investment!!
    That's right you and I are GOOD for the money in the eyes of the venture capitalists and the DBA's.

So we get the full monty treatment for harassment at the phone, letters, txt's. I suppose they would if they could use carrier pigeons! The moral high ground to be clear of your debts!
    We can help you get rid of this Debt!
    Anybody would think you were dealing with a Charity or a great Public Service.

So now understand that your priority in this is to control your own money affairs and hence self esteem.
    AAD will help with a place where you are not judged but encouraged in the decisions that you make.
    Welcome to AAD

Leave a comment:

Working...
X