GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting myself out of debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting myself out of debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• debrag
    replied
    Originally posted by debrag View Post
    Debt 4 JD WIlliams
    Opened: June 2013
    Type: Catalogue
    Current Balance: £1740
    Last payment: £1.00 | July 2018
    Last fill payment: December 2017
    Arrangement: DMP till May 2018
    Owner: JD Williams
    March - Payment arrangement confirmation for Payplan's DMP, not longer using them.
    July - Received arrears letter and fact sheet from FCA
    August - Received letter stating they haven't received payment from Payplan etc etc I have an overdue payment of £78.16. Will it carry on like this forever or will they eventually default?

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied

SAR received today. Last payment made November 2015 so SB November 2021! Very detailed SAR with screen shoots of all databases, they don't have an up to date landline though Looks like it went to 'doorstep' status at an old address lol Awaiting their next move
    No mention of the missing payments but at least my bank has cancelled any payments and is investigating.

Leave a comment:

• Joanna Connolly Solicitors
    replied
    Originally posted by Shotley View Post
    most purge to sell their toxic debts and use them as a tax write off don't they?

I plead the Fifth Amendment

Di

Leave a comment:

• Shotley
    replied
    Yes, it's clear the DCA's haven't looked at that creditor closely enough. It should also explain why the original creditor would fail to try and chase the debt in court themselves.

Mind most purge to sell their toxic debts and use them as a tax write off don't they?

Hopefully if Moroniarty Law start court action this would nip it in the bud. Mind they've still not sent the default notice and notice of assignment requested when I returned their LBA form

Leave a comment:

replied
    I've just forwarded it to you again Diana Mayhew

That was quick! I've got it this time.

It makes interesting reading

It also makes the point that you have to run forensics over any documentation produced by a creditor/debt purchaser; but more importantly don't let them know what you discover until the time is right.

Di

Leave a comment:

• Shotley
    replied
    I've just forwarded it to you again Diana Mayhew

Leave a comment:

replied
    I have found the fatal flaw. I've discussed it with Niddy, (albeit briefly), who says I should keep it under my hat. I will discuss it hopefully later with Di, (I've emailed it to her as well), and if it's a good case I'll share it with you.

Oh dear, I can't find that email in my Inbox and I've searched my Junk folder too.

Would you be kind enough to resend it to me.

Di

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
    So if they keep taking the money this will push you over your od limit won't it, thus costing you lots in fees etc. Hence get a written notice to stop paying the cpa immediately. Also if you have a debit card, maybe "report it lost' and ask for a new one
    Good plan

Di

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Debt 13 Trugym
    Opened: August 2012
    Current Balance: £86
    Last payment: November 2015
    Last full payment: March 2013 maybe
    Arrangement: None
    Owner: Credit Resolution Services

January - Email from Zinc "we have been instructed by our client to assist you with the resolution of your account."
    March - Missed payment
    April - Missed payment
    June - balance update by email - £162
    July - Settlement offer email - £114.33
    July - Payment reminder email x 2

September - Arrears email, balance now £52.44
    September - Settlement offer via email £39.33
    September - email regarding settlement offer
    October - Missed payment email, appear I was paying till May 2015
    October - Payment reminder, £2.44
    November - Trying to make contact email x 2, balance now £50, did I pay the £2.44??
    December - We have not received a response email x 3

January - We have not received a response email x 3
    Contact from CRS

June - Letter received stating account sent back to CRS
    July - email received:

I would first like to explain that The Zinc Group are a third party organisation working under the instruction of our clients to assist their customers.

The Zinc Group are provided limited data and are considered only to be processors, however Credit Resolution Services (CRS) remain the controllers of the data associated with your account.

In light of this, CRS have requested that you contact them directly should you wish to submit a Data Subject Access Request. You can contact them, stating the reason for your DSAR, including your account details at
    subjectaccessrequest@harlandsgroup.co.uk

I can confirm your account was returned to our client in March 2016. As The Zinc Group are no longer the managing agents of your account, you have not and will not receive further contact from us with regards to this matter.
    SAR received today. Last payment made November 2015 so SB November 2021! Very detailed SAR with screen shoots of all databases, they don't have an up to date landline though Looks like it went to 'doorstep' status at an old address lol Awaiting their next move

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
    Defaults may show if an agency does a credit check. Not all landlords worry about BR or DRO especially if you are a sitting tenant and up to date.

They were only thoughts and not suggestions.
    Rental credit checks only show public information. I have no worries about where I currently am only if I need to move anytime soon.

Leave a comment:

• Warwick65
    replied
    Defaults may show if an agency does a credit check. Not all landlords worry about BR or DRO especially if you are a sitting tenant and up to date.

They were only thoughts and not suggestions.

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Sorry anything that goes in the public register is a no no as I'm renting. I have thought about a DRO before though

Leave a comment:

• Warwick65
    replied
    You know something has occurred to me. You are a student, are you full time? How many years do you have left?

You have defaults relatively recently so your credit report is kinda screwed.

Depending what job you have/want, a DRO might be an option. I know it hoes against the ethos of this site and not something I am saying do, but maybe now, while you have limited income it would be a good time.

Depending on where you are a student, there might be a good SU with advice.

Just a thought and not a suggestion.

Full blown bankruptcy was always my fallback position should my creditors get too heavy but I didn't need it.

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Debt 3 Very

Opened: December 2016
    Current Balance: £767
    Last fill payment: November 2017
    Owner: Very (NCO)

December - NCO letter, 'we are acting on behalf of Shop Direct'

January - Very statement
    March - NCO letter, Notice of Sums of Arrears under CCA 1974
    March - NCO letter, Total outstanding letter
    March - NCO letter, Confirmation of the following payment arrangement (£1)
    May - NCO letter - Concerns regarding overdue account
    June - Very statement
    July - Statement received along with arrears letter and fact sheet

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Debt 4 JD WIlliams
    Opened: June 2013
    Current Balance: £1740
    Last fill payment: December 2017
    Owner: JD Williams

March - Payment arrangement confirmation for Payplan's DMP, not longer using them.
    July - 'We have not received you payment' letter received along with an arrears fact sheet from the FCA

Leave a comment:

Working...
X