GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script 07739325871 - Marlin? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

07739325871 - Marlin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 07739325871 - Marlin?

If this number calls you, it is Marlin. They are now using a mobile number to call *customers* and best of all they are hiding their true identity - can as many of you as possible (whom get free minutes) start ringing this number and talking shit to the staff whom answer, not rude fun fun - waste their time and send them on a wild goose chase.

Lets cost them a few grand in a few days

Interestingly, I recorded my call a moment ago as they are now acting in contravention of their CCL as they answer with 'MFS' which is not one of their licenced companies thus they are in breach of their CCL and a seperate report will be sent to the OFT regards this matter.

In the meantime can as many of you as possible please call: 07739325871 and just be awkward, ie say they called you and you're returning their call etc - act as though you're called Mr T Watt or the likes.....

Have so0me fun guys but please, no abuse - do not lower yourself to their standards!

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Re: 07739325871 - Marlin?

But what if they call me back and think they know who I am .. but I'm not who they think I am, and they start harrassing me and try to get a charging order on my shed (I don't own a house)...
    If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

I feel a simpsons episode or three coming on...

Comment

Vanquis are doing the exact same and i have long been under the impression that all companies that trade had to have a geographical number for tax basis.
        I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
          Vanquis are doing the exact same and i have long been under the impression that all companies that trade had to have a geographical number for tax basis.
          vanquis are a pita....i've lost track the number of different area codes & numbers they call me on

Comment

07739325871 - who calls me from 07739325871?
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just reading....spooky!

Comment

That'll be handyman that added that link I bet
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
                  But what if they call me back
                  Obviously with-hold your number

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

Interestingly, I recorded my call a moment ago as they are now acting in contravention of their CCL as they answer with 'MFS' which is not one of their licenced companies thus they are in breach of their CCL and a seperate report will be sent to the OFT regards this matter.
                    Would 'MFS' not stand for Marlin Financial Services or something similar?
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                      Would 'MFS' not stand for Marlin Financial Services or something similar?
                      do they have a CCL under MFS?

That's all that matters, you cannot trade or act otherwise in accordance with the licence provision - that is very strict!

MFS would need it's own licence.

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
                        I feel a simpsons episode or three coming on...
                        Huw Jars and Seymour Butts?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          That'll be handyman that added that link I bet
                          Sorry to say I didn't as I have only just logged on but I wish I had done.

You will find lots of other occasions when I have posted on who calls me. Its a good place to post warnings for others
                          Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                          Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Well I couldn't visit who calls without leaving a comment could I
                            Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

Last Message on Who Calls

They called me as well. I ignored the call and googled it. I have since signed that petition at consumer-revenge.

be carefull with these people they have got a 3 year charge on our flat that I only found out about recently.
                              The Word is obviously getting around

Comment

Working...
                              X