GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ForMyHouse saying they've processed the refund but haven't received it - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ForMyHouse saying they've processed the refund but haven't received it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ForMyHouse saying they've processed the refund but haven't received it

Hey guys!

So my partner and I bought two beds from ForMyHouse to be delivered on the 4th of September. They failed delivery and we needed beds so rather than sleeping on the floor we cancelled the order and bought some elsewhere the same day. We have still not received a refund. It's now been over a month and every time I call I get fobbed off saying they'll look into it etc etc.

Who can I email and what should I say? Is there any legality issues here? Can I report them to anyone?

Thanks

TM

TibetanMonk
    On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Re: ForMyHouse saying they've processed the refund but haven't received it

Originally posted by TibetanMonk View Post
    We have still not received a refund. It's now been over a month and every time I call I get fobbed off . . . .

Is there any legality issues here?
    Did you pay for them on a credit card?

If they cost £100 or over then Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act might help you

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-righ...mer-credit-act

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
      Did you pay for them on a credit card?

If they cost £100 or over then Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act might help you

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-righ...mer-credit-act

Plan B x
      No I paid on debit card

TibetanMonk
      On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

Post a negative review on their Facebook page. That should get them to focus on your issue.

https://www.facebook.com/ForMyHouseUK

They've got a Twitter account too so send them a tweet

https://twitter.com/formyhouse_

Never underestimate the power of social media

Plan B x

Comment

You can get charge back on debit cards, check with your bank and be persistent!
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

PlanB - I've done the Twitter thing already, no good, just ignore you.

Cym, thanks! I'll try that, although they seem reluctant to do it.

TibetanMonk
            On Debt Row

Comment

I had problems with concert tickets that failed to appear after a few letters Nationwide returned the full amount to my account. Good luck
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Good luck TM xx
                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by TibetanMonk View Post
                  I bought two beds from ForMyHouse to be delivered on the 4th of September. They failed delivery and we needed beds so rather than sleeping on the floor we cancelled the order and bought some elsewhere the same day. We have still not received a refund. It's now been over a month and every time I call I get fobbed off saying they'll look into it.
                  Have you got your refund yet or are you still waiting

Plan B x

Comment

Yes we did Or at least, yes my partner did.

TibetanMonk
                    On Debt Row

Comment

Working...
                    X