GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script How we deal with complaints and concerns - a guide for data controllers - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How we deal with complaints and concerns - a guide for data controllers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How we deal with complaints and concerns - a guide for data controllers

This guidance explains how we deal with concerns raised with us that those responsible for processing personal information, known as data controllers, have not complied with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA).
    http://ico.org.uk/~/media/documents/...ontrollers.pdf
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: How we deal with complaints and concerns - a guide for data controllers

Is this new ICO Guidance Riz? Sorry to ask but I couldn't see a date on the document. If so is it better or worse for the consumer than previous ICO Guidance

Comment

It's brand new. Valid 1st April iirc.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

To expand, my understanding was that it was created (by some random focus / steering group) to give consumers a simplistic approach as to the ICO's complaint procedure. The "old" format was pages & pages on the website. This new "direction" is literally a tool to advise consumers, in layman, what happens & what their rights are.

The above being said the version Riz uploaded is for data controllers (ie AAD). There will be a consumer one to follow by October iirc.

Well that's my take on it
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for that clarification Niddy.

I'll now read the bit in the ICO link called "Service Standards and What to Expect". I've learned from bitter experience not to expect anything from the ICO so let's see if they're promising anything new to raise my expectations in this latest guidance document.

Comment

It just came up as a new document on my RSS, so thought I would post.

http://ico.org.uk/sitecore/content/RSSFeeds/Guidance
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

New-Fangled shit is waaaaay above my pay grade!!

Comment

Yeah 'new'

Comment

At what stage of wilful naughtiness might a Data Controller be officially thrashed with the fluffiest ostrich feather the ICO could find?

Comment

Working...
                  X