GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Civil Enforcement Officer is a complete moron - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Civil Enforcement Officer is a complete moron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil Enforcement Officer is a complete moron

Evening all,

Just a quick complaint to make and to be honest need to get this off my chest before I explode.

I was making a delivery in town today and I was parked in the loading bay and as you can clearly see on the photo I wasn't breaking any parking laws. I'm in white van with my blinkers on and a bloody great courier sign.

While making my delivery this stupid bloody CNO issued me with a ticket as he hadn't seen me loading or unloading my van within the 5 minutes he had been observing it.

I explained that my delivery was 500 yards away and it was a DELIVERY and then proceeded to show him my tracker which had been signed by the client. Time, Date etc etc.

I proceeded to call him a bloody moron as he told me I'd have to appeal to the council when he is the one clearly in the wrong.

Give me bloody strength. And councils and government wonder why high streets are going down crapper.

I can't even do my job without ending up with unwarranted hassle for something I haven't done.

I have a good bloody mind to ignore it and let the council take me to court and watch them end up with egg on their face and my bill for expenses when all the proof in black and white is stuck up their arse sideways

Rant over

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Scrappy Coco; 15 February 2013, 19:30.
    "I just want to make people silky-smooth!"

Re: Civil Enforcement Officer is a complete moron

Originally posted by Scrappy Coco View Post
    I have a good bloody mind to ignore it and let the council take me to court and watch them end up with egg on their face and my bill for expenses when all the proof in black and white is stuck up their arse sideways
    Do not ignore it. Appeal on the grounds that the contravention did not occur and send documentary proof of the delivery.

If you do ignore it, ultimately it will be you that ends up the loser with bailiffs clamping your vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by michael View Post
      Do not ignore it. Appeal on the grounds that the contravention did not occur and send documentary proof of the delivery.

If you do ignore it, ultimately it will be you that ends up the loser with bailiffs clamping your vehicle.
      Hi Michael,

Appreciate your input. Just pisses me off that I have to now justify myself because a bloody brainless moran cannot use some common sense and think, White Van, Hazzards on, Big Courier sign, hmmmmmm perhaps he's making a delivery or collection. Oh no I'll issue a ticket and theres feck all he can do about it even though he's not actually commited an offence.

Makes my blood boil. I work 80-90hrs pw, 6 days and now I have to waste my family time sorting this crap out.

How the hell can they be allowed to get away with this on a daily basis is beyond me.

There was even other people standing about telling the twat he'd got it wrong.

And your right I shouldn't ignore it but why should I be penalized for doing NOTHING wrong???

If I see the him tomorrow, I might just forget to brake

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco

Comment

Thing is, these prats make comission from issuing tickets i believe, and theres a slim chance someone else would just cough up and pay.

So thats why they do it, ive had my car towed away before in an area thats free to park after 7pm, but "apprently" the parking bays were out of order.

Funny how there was no signs displaying anything till after i kicked up a fuss, sadly i had not taken any evidence.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just write a letter, I did that -- I had to go into a shop and get change because my pound wouldn't work.. I had my baby with me and so got him out of the car etc it took 4 minutes to get the change.

I got a ticket and the meter maid told me I should have left my child in the car if it was going to slow me down.

I wrote the council and asked if it was common practice for metermaids to offer illegal advice..

lol ticket wiped off.

Comment

I got a ticket wiped once by writing to the council, admittedly I was parked on the corner of a junction but it was a very wide junction and would have caused no traffic problem

I was parked their because I was desperate for the toilet and the argument I used was that I would have been of a danger to the public and traffic if I was not allowed to use the toilet.

It worked and the ticket was voided.

Comment

Evening all,

Thanks for all your input on this matter.

Sent of my challenge today online.

Sent all the pictures, job details etc etc.

What a bloody waste of my time. Could have been doing something more useful that's for sure.

Anyway, I await the hand of local government to pass down it's judgement and tell me I should be grateful. Bunch of arse

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco

Comment

Morning all,

Just a quick question, how long does the council have to respond to my appeal? It's been 1 1/2 months since i sent in details and I've not heard a word from them.

Is this a case of saving more money by not actually advising me they have scrapped the ticket and hoping I'll call in??

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco

Comment

Why did you have your hazard lights on if you were parked in a parking/loading area?

It is so confusing when you see the lights flashing in a line of parked vehicles, you expect them to be turning out, only to find they are not.

We have parking zones in our area, and you can have a resident's permit and get a ticket for parking in the next street or across the road, same council, different zone. The vampires go round the streets on their mopeds clocking the cars and on the dot of 11, they start issuing tickets. They have been known to take photos in the free parking time, and use them to give tickets to cars that have moved, and you cannot prove anything. The council refuses to provide time stamps.

Comment

Originally posted by julian View Post
                    Why did you have your hazard lights on if you were parked in a parking/loading area?
                    Morning,

Alot of the places I deliver to and pick up from don't have allocated loading / unloading bays so it's just habit to always put my hazzards on when working.

It's even habit when not working to be honest

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco

Comment

Evening all,

All sorted and the PCN has been cancelled.

Still never admitted it was their fault though. Bunch of

Can someone kindly close this thread as all sorted.

Thanks as always for all your comments / help

Scrappy Coco

Comment

The only threads we usually close are the chat ones, and that's only because they get too long.

Threads are usually kept open because they might help someone else.

Well done on getting the PCN cancelled
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                        X