GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Parking Eye - WTF - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parking Eye - WTF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye - WTF

Has anyone else seen them...
    Silly little touch screen terminals at the back of the checkouts in ALDI?

You now have to enter your car reg after you have done your shop or you will get a 'ticket'

Yes, that’s right. I don’t know if its just this particular car park they’re doing it at or what. It's because a lot of people are parking there and not shopping but going to the hospital just over the roundabout, this is in Derby if anyone is a little confused.com

I got one in 2011 and just iggied it and I'm still waiting for them to send further threat-o-grams and threats to hold my guinea pigs to ransom and anything else stupid they can come up with.

So, I don’t know what they think they can achieve by doing this as a next step... To what, I wonder - more idle threats...
    I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Re: Parking Eye - WTF

Not seen them Pookie, but if they touch my guinea pigs they're in trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
      Not seen them Pookie, but if they touch my guinea pigs they're in trouble!!

Comment

Never seen these before , the Aldi we use hasen't got much around it so people only park and do their shopping in there so no need as yet .

Comment

Pooky

Know the Aldi you on about as have been going to Derby City Hospital just lately quite alot.

The car parks there are mega expensive so can see many people using the Aldi one as a way of avoiding the charges.

A pain for Aldi as why should people who are not shopping be parked up in their car park.

I think its a sensible option as anyone who does go there to shop would then be well peed off having to walk a few hundred yards to get to your car because someone has the spot to go hosi visiting but wont pay.

It may seem as an intrusion to the Aldi shopper to put your car reg in but whats worse. Doing this or walkig a few hundred yards with your shopping because someone is avoiding parking charges and nicked your space.

I would actually say well done Aldi for trying to protect its shoppers instead of we got your money now we dont care attitude of many retailers.

The fact the hosi is charging extortinate rates to park is another matter.

Like others say my Aldi here doesnt charge so think yours is an exception.

Comment

I think it is just because of its locality to the hospital, Aldi are all for the shopper, we have problems around here with people using the shoppers car parks to park then catching a bus into the big town to work, the shops have now slapped a 2 hour hour max park on them using ANPR cameras, this is ASDA and Tesco.

Comment

Sadly very much sign of the times.

So many people have grown up to be selfish and think everything is for them with no regard to anyone else.

If we were all law abiding non selfish individuals who paid when we had to for a service we used then jobs like traffic wardens etc would go overnight.

The number of times I see big 4x4's rolling up to the disabled or family parking spots and some fat lout gets out no kids and very obviously able to walk it just shows how low as society we have sunk.

The mayhem around schools as mammy tries to get little Jonny 5mm closer to the double yellows at the school gate and f the rest of life while they block the road.

They seem to forget if the fat sprog in the back walked a little it wouldnt be so fat.

Who said xmas was a fun time

Comment

ah but such fun can be had with a little black tape & 10 minutes driving in & out the same place over and over

for some reason sends the ANPR system a little daft

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
                  ah but such fun can be had with a little black tape & 10 minutes driving in & out the same place over and over

for some reason sends the ANPR system a little daft
                  Phil - I like it but don't you have better things to do

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
                    Pooky

Know the Aldi you on about as have been going to Derby City Hospital just lately quite alot.

The car parks there are mega expensive so can see many people using the Aldi one as a way of avoiding the charges.

A pain for Aldi as why should people who are not shopping be parked up in their car park.

I think its a sensible option as anyone who does go there to shop would then be well peed off having to walk a few hundred yards to get to your car because someone has the spot to go hosi visiting but wont pay.

It may seem as an intrusion to the Aldi shopper to put your car reg in but whats worse. Doing this or walkig a few hundred yards with your shopping because someone is avoiding parking charges and nicked your space.

I would actually say well done Aldi for trying to protect its shoppers instead of we got your money now we dont care attitude of many retailers.

The fact the hosi is charging extortinate rates to park is another matter.

Like others say my Aldi here doesnt charge so think yours is an exception.
                    ...Dont get me started about Hospital parking
                    My wife has a Disabled Parking Permit and when we have to go there, we can sometimes spend about 10 mins driving round it to get a Disabled spot, that’s if a spot that is not well known is taken...
                    Which now has a sign added saying that parking is limited to 3 hours...

How stupid as sometimes (well, MOST off the time) you don't get seen straight away and could be there for 2 hours... AT LEAST.

And, did you know that if you are claiming certain Benefits, you can claim the cost of parking back, they don't broadcast that much do they...
                    When I can find it, I'll post it here as I scanned it and saved it as a PDF.

Then there's the possibility of getting a 'Parking Ticket' from them, as they are not the Council but a PRIVATE parking firm, the chances of it being enforceable are slim... Anyone had any experience with a ticket from them?
                    I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
                      Phil - I like it but don't you have better things to do
                      An idea I'd like to do is do a 3-point turn into the 'entrance' and then, say 5 hours later or even longer...
                      Come back and do another 3-point turn using the exit with the back of the car facing the camera.

Just to get them to waste time sending you unenforceable tickets

Comment

Pooky wanted this loading - see attached.

http://all-about-debt.co.uk/content_...k%20Policy.pdf

* It takes a few moments to load as it is a 17MB file
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Just ignore them all ..... I know people that have parked in them for 5/6 hours ..... not like there are many shops there now - think only two are left open.

Of course you then get the two photos - entering and leaving.

But you were only parked there for 30 minutes and left, then you came back after 5 hours for another 30 minutes
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Never knew parking was so interesting Least someone has had a few hours gainful employment working all that out.

Nice to see the staff parking pain is evenly spread out. Table E in the appendix.

If you are a consultant on over £80 grand pa in the charging period you have to find £35.

If you are an apprentice on £14 grand pa its £22.

Am sure the £22 is more keenly felt than the £35. Or is it to put the lowly paid off from using the car park at all. The get to use the bus or walk.

Meaning the rich get no problem in finding a nice spot without all the plebs infesting the car park

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                              Just ignore them all ..... I know people that have parked in them for 5/6 hours ..... not like there are many shops there now - think only two are left open.

Of course you then get the two photos - entering and leaving.

But you were only parked there for 30 minutes and left, then you came back after 5 hours for another 30 minutes
                              They're anyways
                              I iggied the first one I got 2 years ago - got nowt back yet lol

Comment

Working...
                              X