GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Misselling at Royal Mail - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Misselling at Royal Mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misselling at Royal Mail

There is what I believe wide scale misselling at Royal Mail regarding PO BOXES. mail forwarding and special delivery that has been going on for too long and which could get worse now that they are privately owned.

I sent a package yesterday morning in a cardboard backed envelope to the DWP Head Office Caxton House London via special delivery, I did this as in there letter I was replying too they gave a PO BOX address to reply too and I was well aware that they open and hold mail via an agreement with DWP and as my package contained personal and confidential information I did not want this too happen so used the address on there website and marked the envelope to be opened by addressee only.

It was special delivery and had a guaranteed delivery before 1pm today so I checked on track and trace for the signature and there was not one but instead this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Special Delivery.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	1415650

It says being held at PO Box for collection

Now that is not what I paid for and may just as well use recorded but the fact is I used Special Delivery to get the documents and my reply to DWP faster as that is what they guarantee and as my package had no PO BOX Number on it they had no business to forward it to this PO BOX.

Now I do not believe I am the only one and many are falling into this trap and paying more than they should and thus I believe it is time for an Ofcom investigation because at the very least customers should be warned.

As for my package I still do not know if it got there as track and trace is still saying the same as above.

Re: Misselling at Royal Mail

It's now showing delivered and signed for on 25th so that's a day late. I think you should get your money back. Although it does say the information was updated at 4.30 am so I doubt "Mick" was in his DWP office at that time which means it could be that the Post Office Track & Trace website was slow to update and maybe it got delivered on 24th?

Your item with reference AE293438914GB has been delivered.
    Delivered On:25-06-2014
    Thank you for using our Special Delivery Guaranteed™ service.

Proof of delivery

Printed name: MICK

Last update: 25 June 2014, 04:30am

Comment

Re: Misselling at Royal Mail

Thanks PlanB not looked today, however I posted it on the 23rd with a guaranteed delivery on the 24th before 1PM at least it has now got there but I still maintain there is a bigger issue going on here as it should have gone straight to address on envelope and not redirected as that caused a delay.

There could be thousands, millions falling for this and not aware.

Comment

Working...
      X