GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script AOL nightmare! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AOL nightmare!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOL nightmare!

This post goes on a bit but i am sooooooooooo frustrated.......

Woke up this morning and always make a phone call to my disabled mum, we have not long lost my dearly beloved dad age just 69.

Anyway, my hubby is the account holder of AOL, so we get the broadband and calls with them, and obviously we pay for the line with BT.

When trying to ring my mum this morning, it went straight to AOL customer service, so I was baffled about this, they explained there was an owing payment on the account, so I said well I will have to talk to my hubby about this with him being the account holder.

However, the internet is still providing service.
    So I checked online with my hubby, the statements etc and could see no payments have come out since December 2010, then it clicked.
    My hubby mislaid (although found it later on) his debit card and cancelled it with a bank, then sent him a new one, so of course it slipped our minds about updating AOL, luckily all other direct debits are coming out ok, but AOL has details of the long number.

Anyway, checking on the billing site of AOL, it still confirmed status as active and been members with them since 2002, but it does not allow us to check any billing, or previous bills.

Unfortunately we been checking through e-mails, spam folder, old emails and there is no emails to let us know about this!
    So when hubby backpaid the bill and set up his new card account on the phone to them today they said it could take up to 48 hours to have the phone put back on to ring out!!!

I am checking now and again just in case, but its so damn annoying, I have an autistic son has well, but with not being able to ring mum obviously she would be worried. Mum does not know how to use a moby, so I had to use my son's moby to pass on the message to my sister.

I think AOL should give notice, in our case there was none, and now we have to wait to have the phone switched back on again!!!

Re: AOL nightmare!

I had the same problem with them when I changed bank accounts, all my other D/D changed over except aol and they disconnected my service without giving me any notice. I was furious as I had been with them for 6 years. I wrote loads of letters and it was a just a waste of time, they don’t give a sh*t about customer services.

I would advise just to walk away from it Di, your wasting your time fighting with them. Customer services is at the bottom of their priority list. You’ll have a hard time trying to convince them of misconduct by their actions.

Gerry x x

Comment

I haven't had any dealings with AOL but something similar happened with O2 when I changed my bank account. The first I knew that the bill hadn't been paid was when I couldn't use my phone. I complained and they credited me with £5 off my next bill.

I think it's worth complaining even if Gerry didn't have any luck. Explain that it was a mix-up because of the lost debit card and how your elderly Mum relies on you phoning every day to check on her and how much worry it's caused your family. I think I'd be complaining to the bank too.
      Last edited by Pixie; 26 January 2011, 16:52.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

They aint called AO Hell for nothing !! It's who i first went with years and years ago, but seen the light ! Hope it gets sorted soon for you Di, never easy when things like this happen and it all seems so "automated"
        I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Originally posted by pixiechick View Post
          I haven't had any dealings with AOL but something similar happened with O2 when I changed my bank account. The first I knew that the bill hadn't been paid was when I couldn't use my phone. I complained and they credited me with £5 off my next bill.

I think it's worth complaining even if Gerry didn't have any luck. Explain that it was a mix-up because of the lost debit card and how your elderly Mum relies on you phoning every day to check on her and how much worry it's caused your family. I think I'd be complaining to the bank too.
          Thats what they should do pixie, but unfortuantely aol dont give a sh*t about customer services.

Comment

Thank you my friends for all your great advice.

And my update is, they have now sorted it and put my phone line back on, originally we had to wait 48 hours but I wasn't having any of it, so I managed to email and give them what for, and an hour later I checked the phone and its back on.
            Considering my phone line rental is with BT, AOHELL have a damn cheek don't they?

Thank you my lovelies XXXXXXXX

Comment

Working...
            X