GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Default against new mobile contract - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Default against new mobile contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default against new mobile contract

i am due a mobile phone upgrade - Soon

The Questions is:

Q: As they do a credit check on New or upgrade mobile phone contracts, will any of these effect when i upgrade my Mobile phone to either a new contract or upgrade - Now that i've gained a few extra defaults since my UE route begun last year. (when i renewed my contract in 2009, i had 4 defaults at the time and got an upgrade no bother)

I've been with my network provider for more than 5 years, and have never missed a single payment over those 5 years (in fact, i have paid them always 10 days before the payment is DUE (agree thats a positive memo to them) to come out of my account as i don't use DD)

Any advice
    Last edited by 5corpio; 14 July 2011, 20:13.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Default against new mobile contract

No mate. You'll be fine to upgrade they base it on internal behaviour.

You'll not get knocked back.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

However ring and do over the phone. Who is your provider?
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        However ring and do over the phone. Who is your provider?
        I was planning to do over the phone, Network: O2
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

You'll be fine they use internal behaviour matey.

Wait till October for iPhone 5!! I am lol

Got 2 iPhone 4's in June and saving a contract for the 5!

I have 3 contracts with Voda and at moment have 27 defaults and an iva on my file at the incorrect link. Point is, it's worse than your poxy defaults lol

Comment

You'll be fine they use internal behaviour matey.

Wait till October for iPhone 5!! I am lol

Got 2 iPhone 4's in June and saving a contract for the 5!

I have 3 contracts with Voda and at moment have 27 defaults and an iva on my file at the incorrect link. Point is, it's worse than your poxy defaults lol
            the specs, are suppose to be the same as the iPad2 processor

Comment

at moment have 27 defaults and an iva on my file at the incorrect link. Point is, it's worse than your poxy defaults lol
              27 defaults

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
                27 defaults
                Not one is mine tho mate!!

Comment

o2 not letting of lightly - going to call them again next week and terminate my account and switch to 3

O2 trying to blag what they can offer me, as upgrade:

£69 Upgrade to iphone4 (24 mth contract)
                  £37 tariff:
                  600 mins cross network
                  unlimited text and wi-fi hot spots (Hotspots sh*t for where i am, unless i want to sit in a pub all day or a cafe)
                  500 MB Data allowance

on the other hand:

3 is offering: 24mth contract

£69 New contract iPhone 4
                  £35 tariff:
                  2000 Mins cross network
                  5000 Txt
                  3000 Mins 3-to-3 talk
                  Unlimited Data Allowance

Mmmm, o2 needs to re-think when i call them, when i select terminate contract.................!!!

Present contract:

Tariff: £25

600 Mins Cross Network
                  500 Text Messages (MMS included)
                  Unlimited Data Allowance
                  Unlimited WiFi (No any good, never used it)
                  Friends and Family 30%

Can't keep above tariff or renew it as the same, as it was a Works Tariff (which i NO longer work at anymore) . And i only use about 400 mins talktime, 100 txt messages, and 400MB Data. And i ain't planning to pay money for a phone or allowances that i never reach at for extorniate prices.........

Comment

I'm with Voda!

Everything unlimited plus free iPhone 4 - £45 per month plus Voda family which costs £7 but allows free calls between other family members. Why though when we get unlimited free minutes with our old old bundle that I refuse to cancel - cos eldest daughter and her fella use payg and thus they can also ring anyone in my group for free.

But I have 3 contracts so I guess they're slightly more accommodating when I demand freebies

Comment

They are a bit cheeky:

Upgrade contract they asking pay £37 p/mth for a 24 mth contract for 600 mins, unlimited txt, 500MB data, £69 for iPhone4......... total cost £957

But if i choose the 12 mth simplicity plan:
                      i pay £25.50 p/mth for a 12 month contract for 900 mins, unlimited txt, 500MB data, £50 M&S Vouchers and i use my old iPhone instead....... total cost £306

may go for the simplicity plan, as the iPhone5 contract will be cheaper by then or go to go down the 3 route, unless o2 can match what they are offering, otherwise they going to loose a long term valid customer.

Comment

Working...
                      X