GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script EE/Orange charges really annoying me! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EE/Orange charges really annoying me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EE/Orange charges really annoying me!

So for a long time, i used to pay EE/Orange by either cheque or via my bank in branch in cash. I used to receive paper bills also.

I had 2 phones on the same contract.

EE/Orange would charge me for 1) paper bills, 2)non direct debit, 3) they would charge me TWICE even though, 1 payment was required for both phones.

So 2 months ago, i decided i would do BACS payments, and stick to ebilling only, hopeing it would save nearly £3 per month in charges.

This week i logged online to see why my bill was £2.95 more than it should be, as i never go over my data allowace, text and phone free allowances.

EE/Orange have now decided, to charge me a "Payment handling fee" for the BACS payments.

Ok, i know i could set up a direct debit, but, its not gaurenteed that i will have funds in my account for it to clear.

Furthermore, if anyone has an EE/Orange contract, they will know, that when you pay them, its actually "credited" to your account, and then they deduct your account when the payment is due.

What really pisses me off, is i thought i would save money by cancelling paper billing, but instead, they are charging me the same amount for making BACS payments!!!! Not only this, but when i asked them why i get charged TWICE to pay 1 bill, there reply was. "Thats just the way it is!"

Scandlous!!!!

If my money gets credited to THEIR account early, why am i not charging them interest for holding my money?!? really angers me that no matter what you do, they still get you.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: EE/Orange charges really annoying me!

Pay manually by debit card. Should be free.....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

EDIT: missread your post.

Mate, i did that last month, i logged on to their website, they already have my debit card details stored, you just click credit account. I still get charged!

Plus, i dont know how there charges work, but the charge for non DD / Bacs is already charged to me before payment is made, so is this a charge for the previous month? as how would they know how im paying before i actually pay? They must charge you regardless if you havent got a DD set up.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ahh it's in their terms mate. See this for a brief answer -> http://help.ee.co.uk/system/selfserv...M_BRAND=Orange

It's clear what the charges are. Pay by DD to avoid it, that's the only way sadly.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Interesting -> http://www.theguardian.com/money/201...n-direct-debit

Comment

Hmm. So not just me then! guess i better set up DD, but its true what the columist said, as im self employed also, i like to know that ive got x amount of days to make payment or credit my account. I dont like the idea of having to make sure money is in my account prior to the DD going out. Never liked DD for that reason given the fact my money can be all at once one month, or none at all other times.

Comment

If necessary cancel the dd (online banking) 2 days before the bill then ring orange a few days later - sort the missed payment and set it up again

Comment

as soon as I'd just move MrD was scammed by orange and although I have dealt with some amount of numpties in my time, Orange/EE were most definitely the worst, their customer service is non existant, they make up rules as they go and tell down right lies when they can't think of a suitable stupid rule. They're the only company I have ever emailed the CEO and got NO reply, I guess you could say it starts from the top and gets worse as it goes down.

If it's any help, the British end of customer services seems to work from 4pm to 9pm so at least you don't have to repeat anything 15 times only the twice.

Comment

Thanks MrsD. My friend got defaulted by EE because they failed to cancel his contract within the agreed timescales and as a result charged him an extra month which went unpaid. CEO actually responded and removed the default. Thats the only case i know of where they have acted fairly.

Comment

Working...
                  X