GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New BT phone might be useful to some. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New BT phone might be useful to some.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New BT phone might be useful to some.

I saw this on one of the tec websites and thought it might be useful to some here to block those nasty calls that we all get from time to time.

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-...-calls-1129782

Re: New BT phone might be useful to some.

Great idea, apart from it only blocks 10 numbers and sneaky DCA's are increasingly using multiple numbers to call.

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
      I saw this on one of the tec websites and thought it might be useful to some here to block those nasty calls that we all get from time to time.

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-...-calls-1129782
      AAD News posting yesterday: BT launches new landline phone to combat explosion of PPI claims calls - allaboutFORUMS
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Sorry didn't see that

Comment

Why should the consumer have to spend money to block unwanted calls when in fact these calls should be blocked at the exchange.

BT getting rich on the back of citizens sorrows.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
            Why should the consumer have to spend money to block unwanted calls when in fact these calls should be blocked at the exchange.

BT getting rich on the back of citizens sorrows.
            How would BT know which calls to block????

Comment

I am sure BT have the technology to know which numbers are nonsense calls it is not had given the size of BT, We all know BT are very slow to act in this area because to them it is money.
              Last edited by pompeyfaith; 7 February 2013, 13:06.

Comment

Although still yet to purchase one (no phone line at the moment), i still think the Truecall takes some beating. Not cheap, but keeps menacing calls at bay!
                When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
                  Although still yet to purchase one (no phone line at the moment), i still think the Truecall takes some beating. Not cheap, but keeps menacing calls at bay!
                  Yes it knocks the socks off anything else so I hear even takes a memory card for easy transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                    Yes it knocks the socks off anything else so I hear even takes a memory card for easy transfer.
                    and call recording! talk about shoe and other foot!
                    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

ahh truecall......if only we had some spare cash i'd have jumped at the chance (especially of late)

Comment

That is it's only let down the price which is out of reach of those that need it the most.

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
                          I didn't know when I bought it a couple of years ago, but my Panasonic phone system blocks up to 30 numbers at a time. My landline calls, wanted or not, are dwindling to almost nothing, otherwise I'd seriously consider a Truecall. What a wonderful gadget!

Comment

Working...
                          X