GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Another laptop question! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another laptop question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another laptop question!

My son has a dead laptop and not much money. He wants a new laptop that he can use with a mixer to do some DJing. Does anyone know if this one would be any good, or have any other suggestions.
    thank you
    http://www.johnlewis.com/lenovo-g500...black/p1157211 with 6gb RAM.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Another laptop question!

No one here will know this, but I actually DJ lol

6gig of RAM is good for DJ'ing purposes, but not so sure regarding the intel processor, has a processing speed of 2.4ghz which I think may be a little low for DJ software. I'd consider an intel i5 or i7.

Although John Lewis has great guarantees with their products, they are over priced, id look at somewhere like www.ebuyer.com

Whats his max price range?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post

You dark horse ...you.

Comment

Havent for a while, not since I got married and had a baby, haven't got time for it, with my other jobs as well. But every now and then, I still have a practise

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post

6gig of RAM is good for DJ'ing purposes, but not so sure regarding the intel processor, has a processing speed of 2.4ghz which I think may be a little low for DJ software. I'd consider an intel i5 or i7.

Although John Lewis has great guarantees with their products, they are over priced, id look at somewhere like www.ebuyer.com

Whats his max price range?
          unfortunately he can't go much over £350, which I know is low. He also wants a mixing deck for £40 or £50 ........

Any input gratefully received

Comment

For 350 the link you first gave seems to be the best for the money, I don't think you can get a compairable i5 processor for that price.

Comment

I spilt liquid in my laptop and the keyboard is now playing up so I may have to replace mine

My mom purchased a Lenovo a few years back and I had not heard of them before then but I did some research and they have a very good repuation and have grown in popularity since.

I would buy one without hesitation.

Beefy

Comment

Thank you for all help so far, would this be any better http://www.ebuyer.com/579678-asus-x5...-x552cl-sx047h

Comment

the first one had more processing power

Comment

Thank you, I was just looking at the different processor; it looks like he had better stick with the first one until he is on the road to fame and fortune and can upgrade!

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                      My son has a dead laptop and not much money. He wants a new laptop that he can use with a mixer to do some DJing. Does anyone know if this one would be any good, or have any other suggestions.
                      Subscribe to Spotify?

http://news.spotify.com/us/2014/02/0...fy-connection/

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                        Subscribe to Spotify?

I read it every morning.......

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post

I read it every morning.......

Go away will you I'm trying to have a sensible conversation with Cym

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                            he had better stick with the first one until he is on the road to fame and fortune and can upgrade!
                            Cym I'm seriously old but my daughter is a music agent for DJs and she has taught me a lot about the new digital way of doing things hence my surprising knowledge of Spoitfy.

Don't discourage your son's interest in being a part-time DJ (I know you weren't). These guys pull in £2k a night in Essex and my daughter has one client who commands £40k (that's not a typo) for a night in a club in Ibiza She's booked him for the whole upcoming summer season.

I think you've posted somewhere that you've got four sons and one of them went AWOL in Ibiza last summer (lost his mobile phone ?) is this the one you're talking about?

So I don't know what your lad's degree is all about but having a sideline as a DJ may not be such a silly idea if it means he can fund his way through uni and give you a break at the same time. A new cheap laptop could prove to be a wise investment.

Comment

Wouldn't mind swapping my technics 1210's for some decent CDJ's but your looking at 2 grand for a decent set up

Comment

Working...
                              X