GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Another laptop question! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another laptop question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another laptop question!

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
    Cym I'm seriously old but my daughter is a music agent for DJs and she has taught me a lot about the new digital way of doing things hence my surprising knowledge of Spoitfy.

Don't discourage your son's interest in being a part-time DJ (I know you weren't). These guys pull in £2k a night in Essex and my daughter has one client who commands £40k (that's not a typo) for a night in a club in Ibiza She's booked him for the whole upcoming summer season.

I think you've posted somewhere that you've got four sons and one of them went AWOL in Ibiza last summer (lost his mobile phone ?) is this the one you're talking about?

So I don't know what your lad's degree is all about but having a sideline as a DJ may not be such a silly idea if it means he can fund his way through uni and give you a break at the same time. A new cheap laptop could prove to be a wise investment.

Well remembered and well sussed, yes it's the same son! Ibiza is being discouraged, but we are supporting DJing in the Nordic countries! I am encouraging him which is why I posted about the laptop as the varied members of AAD will have a lot more knowledge than me.
    (Broken legs are apparently an occupational hazard ..........)
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Another laptop question!

Just to update, son bought the Lenovo laptop and it seems to do everything that he needs ....... Now. Initially he set it up on his own . He installed several anti virus programmes etc etc which resulted in a lot of foul language . Luckily the brother that knows about such things was visiting and spent about an hour removing all the c### add ons etc! cleaned the almost new computer, ensured that Windows security was up and running and now everything is peaceful. I believe remote access was set up on the computer ready for the next disaster!
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
      X