GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Stupid question - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid question

How do I change the start up page on IE
    I have set the home page to google but on start up it still goes to snapdo or some crap. I have removed snap do toolbars and everything

Windows 7 laptop

Ta

Re: Stupid question

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
    How do I change the start up page on IE
    I have set the home page to google but on start up it still goes to snapdo or some crap. I have removed snap do toolbars and everything

Windows 7 laptop

Ta
    Change your home page in Internet Explorer - Microsoft Windows Help

Or option 2 here (if you get stuck)...

Internet Explorer Home Page - Add or Change - Windows 7 Help Forums
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Sounds like a browser hijacker?
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Tools -> Internet Options

Change homepage to whatever you want, i prefer about:blank as it loads quicker
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Or change your browser to one that's not inherently broken?

Comment

Cloggy not my laptop. It seems if I click IE on the desktop all is fine,if I click internet in task bar thats when I get snap.
            To be honest I can not find a browser that is perfect. Some websites don't work on chrome

Any suggestions
            Personally I have chrome as default as well as IE and firefox

Comment

Have you tried Opera? (link)

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                Some websites don't work on chrome
                Where? Then that would be the coding of the site in question, as all sites are compatible with Chrome - lol. Chrome is one of the latest browsers using the latest shared standards so it's like firefox.

Chrome is the best, then Mozilla, Opera, Safari followed lastly by Explorer.

In my opinion.

* IE does not render a lot of CSS tricks such as rounded corners or middle tags etc so bear that in mind when browsing under IE - what you really see may not be anything like the actual site was designed.
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                  Have you tried Opera? (link)
                  Opera is pretty good

Comment

I have had problems with chrome and official sites such as DWP

Comment

DWP is 100% Chrome compatible mate. It is built and stored on GSi which is one of the best server storage and front end systems available and they are 'all browser' compatible.

Maybe it had something to do with the toolbar virus you installed. Secret here, don't install anything you do not trust so if it aint from MS then be suspect and ask yourself do you REALLY need it. Toolbars are riddled with virus' - there isn't a single stable one out there, says it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        Chrome is one of the latest browsers using the latest shared standards so it's like firefox.

Chrome is the best, then Mozilla, Opera, Safari followed lastly by Explorer.
                        The Public Register of Consumer Credit Licences, maintained by the Office of Faffing and Twaddling, is not compatible with Gurgle Chrome. I have to use Firefox or Opera to access that Register, then use Ten PDF Creator to print the results to a file.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          Secret here, don't install anything you do not trust so if it aint from MS then be suspect and ask yourself do you REALLY need it.
                          So we should trust the nice Indian gent when he calls up, says he's from the Microsoft department through which "all the Internet goes" and that one's computer is behaving badly?

I regret that I cannot recall the name of the program he wanted me to install as, by then, I was laughing so much at his odd idea of the Internet structure.

Comment

Tried that with me. Told them that I was not using a Microsoft os, everything was Ubuntu. Hung up.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                              The Public Register of Consumer Credit Licences, maintained by the Office of Faffing and Twaddling, is not compatible with Gurgle Chrome. I have to use Firefox or Opera to access that Register, then use Ten PDF Creator to print the results to a file.
                              Ahh see you need to see the chrome hack! For example, on the CCL register and/or webcheck register the way you default the results to load is to do a normal search. The result page usually stalls at "Loading..." - to get the results just click the backwards arrow (top left corner of browser) ONCE and the results will then display as the results is cached in the browser session....

Comment

Working...
                              X