GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Unlock a Blackberry - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unlock a Blackberry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlock a Blackberry

Does anyone know how to get the unlock code for a Blackberry Storm 2, Preferably for free.

I was given the phone when the company I worked for closed, but it is on T-Mobile. I need it to accept an O2 sim.

Thanks

Re: Unlock a Blackberry

bit of a read here

Unlock BlackBerry Storm 2 free | giffgaff Unlockapedia

Comment

Thanks Phil

Comment

Think I'll give up on this.

Lots of sites offering 15 min service. Every one wants paypal account for £3.99?

Comment

I had the same issue a while back with a blackberry as well

in the end I used these guys (cost me around a £5 or so for immediate delivery with superb after support as well...)

Unlock your Mobile Phone online. Unlock mobile phones by code quickly and easily to use your desired network carrier sim card

one thing you could try..maybe call t-mobile see if they can unlock the handset?

Comment

Thanks Phil,

I have managed to order one online. Should take 24hrs.

Comment

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
              Does anyone know how to get the unlock code for a Blackberry Storm 2, Preferably for free.

I was given the phone when the company I worked for closed, but it is on T-Mobile. I need it to accept an O2 sim.

Thanks
              I know this sounds silly but have you tried using it with your O2 sim? I can use O2 in my old T-Mob handsets because they were compatible at one time (but not with Orange or Vodafone). BlackBerrys may be different though.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                I know this sounds silly but have you tried using it with your O2 sim? I can use O2 in my old T-Mob handsets because they were compatible at one time (but not with Orange or Vodafone). BlackBerrys may be different though.
                Hi PlanB,

Yes, I tried the O2 sim. It asks for the unlock code.

Comment

make sure it isn't locked down or even the code to unlock it won't work, i know as hubby unlocks phones for a living .

Comment

Could always do a torrent search
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
                      Could always do a torrent search
                      What's a torrent search

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                        Torrent is a certain file format used for peer-to-peer file sharing over the net.
                        Well thanks for clearing that up

( What on earth is FP talking about )

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                          make sure it isn't locked down or even the code to unlock it won't work, i know as hubby unlocks phones for a living .
                          Thsnks s2m,

They have sent the codes, 4 of them to try.

After 2 attempts there were no attempts left, so it is locked out of changing the codes completely now.

Is there any way of resetting.

Comment

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
                            Thsnks s2m,

They have sent the codes, 4 of them to try.

After 2 attempts there were no attempts left, so it is locked out of changing the codes completely now.

Is there any way of resetting.

Good morning , just asked hubby and he said normally you get 10 attempts on a Blackberry ,but you can also take it to someone who unlocks phones and they can reset it for you .

Hope this helps and if you need anymore help just ask

Comment

Thanks s2m,

I need to change the screen as well, so I will take it somewhere. I think that someone had tried before to unlock it, although it was new when I was given it at work.

Comment

Working...
                              X