GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Niddy moving to Ubuntu - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Niddy moving to Ubuntu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niddy moving to Ubuntu

Niddy shakes his head in disbelief that you lot have time for this nonsense
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Re: The Youtube Game

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Niddy shakes his head in disbelief that you lot have time for this nonsense
    I've usually got some music playing anyway, so just a case of finding a match and Youtube link
    Attached Files
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
      I've usually got some music playing anyway, so just a case of finding a match and Youtube link
      You sure you're not a stoner :niddy

With a playlist like that, well.....

* what music player is that mate?
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

You sure you're not a stoner :niddy

With a playlist like that, well.....
        Not any more.

* what music player is that mate?
        Clementine Music Player

Beats most music players, and is free.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Not any more.

Clementine Music Player

Beats most music players, and is free.
          Installing

Thanks mate

Comment

Good. May or may not suit your taste?

But I find it a lot better than the winamps or iTunes (or clones thereof).
            Last edited by Riz; 3 August 2012, 22:26. Reason: r

Comment

Good. May or may not suit your taste?

But I find it a lot better than the winamps or iTunes (or clones thereof).
              Ooooh I likey

Thanks mate, love it when I get a good music player, I hate iTunes and was using basic win media player. This is ace in comparison

Comment

Ooooh I likey

Thanks mate, love it when I get a good music player, I hate iTunes and was using basic win media player. This is ace in comparison
                Excellent.

As you know I run Linux/open source on my comps. That does sometimes come with some carp. But most of the time it comes from people who care about the the apps they develop from a user perspective.

Clementine? It's not perfect. But if you have an issue, then you can go and ask the guy in charge about it. Add a feature. Fix/this/that, whatever.

http://code.google.com/p/clementine-...ummary%20Stars
                Last edited by Riz; 3 August 2012, 22:47.

Comment

I might switch one day, or at least load it on a lappy and still have my win7 lappy for programming etc? I bet with you around I'll be bugging you all day for help though - but I use linux servers and wouldn't touch Windows so I dunno why, on my actual system I do the opposite.

Sod it I will clear a lappy next week and load linux on it. Try and do what you do and have a 100% open source lappy

Thanks mate, expect a new thread with 500 questions next week - I'll be your little 'linux disciple'

Comment

Good. Try it. I don't mind answering questions.

Go with ubuntu. A bit like the MS of the linux world, but there is best userbase/help forums. Or perhaps OpenSuse.

One of the main differences I see with linux is the speed and memory consumption. This lappy on windows is painfully slow. On linux it's fast and uses 1/3 of the memory on boot. I do sorta acknowledged the improvements in windows7, bit even still in terms of hard disk and memory usage it is still a hog.
                    Last edited by Riz; 3 August 2012, 22:59.

Comment

I just loaded my Rhianna & Jessie J albums to it, it's actually soooo easy

Then found fun so loaded that - sad but hey, it's easy listening and I do lurvvvve Rhianna & Jessie J

Thanks - loving it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cool.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	232.0 KB
ID:	1390444

Comment

It even fades in the end/start of a new song - little things like that make such a difference

Comment

lol

If you want a slicker transition from windows may be starting with.

Kubuntu | Friendly Computing

It just gives you something more analogous to a windows desktop in look an feel from the start?
                          Last edited by Riz; 3 August 2012, 23:13. Reason: feel

Comment

It even fades in the end/start of a new song - little things like that make such a difference
                            As said, it's developed by a music fan rather than a team of corporate bods. Makes all the difference

+ you can change that in the options
                            Last edited by Riz; 3 August 2012, 23:08.

Comment

lol

If you want a slicker transition from windows may be starting with.

Kubuntu | Friendly Computing

It just gives you something more analogous to a windows desktop in look an feel from the start?
                              Nice, I'll load it next week and see what it looks like. My lappy is full of site stuff as I have just finished the 21st domain

So I was planning on wiping it anyway as I only have 12Gb left

I guess this will use less resources as well?

Comment

Working...
                              X