GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Virgin Media - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Virgin Media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgin Media

Hiya,
    I don't have the paperwork to hand (if at all), but does anyone know if the boxes would belong to me (like the Sky ones are, or were) after the initial contract is up?

Also, does anyone know if its beneficial to call them to re-locate the services in new house (initial contract period done, currently subscribed), or cancel the current subscription and then start again as a new customer?

Cheers
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Virgin Media

The boxes remain the property of Virgin media after the contract expires,they are only ever on rental. (A bonus if they ever need repairing!)

In practice, Virgin hardly ever bother to collect them but you should inform them that you no longer need them.

I guess a call to customer retentions would answer your second point - they may want to offer you a deal to stay with them, they may not!

Last edited by Trumpet; 29 October 2012, 13:15. Reason: Forgot to return the beers!

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpet View Post
      The boxes remain the property of Virgin media after the contract expires,they are only ever on rental. (A bonus if they ever need repairing!)

In practice, Virgin hardly ever bother to collect them but you should inform them that you no longer need them.

I guess a call to customer retentions would answer your second point - they may want to offer you a deal to stay with them, they may not!

Ah, fair enough. Good point about the repairs thou - funny enough they came out twice within the first few months.

Yeah, will weigh up the whole ADSL, phone line, freeview/sky versus Virgin and then call them and see what they offer - or dont lol.

Cheers.
      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

If it was me I would just end it being as you are out of contract, then start again as a new customer at the new address whether that be Sky, Virgin, BT or any other as you will be able to search for the best deal.

Remember Loyalty with corporations no longer mean anything and thus the best deals are always directed at new custom.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
          If it was me I would just end it being as you are out of contract, then start again as a new customer at the new address whether that be Sky, Virgin, BT or any other as you will be able to search for the best deal.

Remember Loyalty with corporations no longer mean anything and thus the best deals are always directed at new custom.

Regards
          Fair point - new customers always get the best prices!
          Need to decided what service offers the best for the price really and go from there.
          Cheers!

Comment

Working...
          X