GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Atlantic taking the mick ? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlantic taking the mick ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlantic taking the mick ?

Morning

I tried to call Atlantic this morning but gave up after 13 minutes on hold, plus I realised it may be a good idea to get an impartial opinion on my problem!

In July , as a `loyal` Atlantic customer , I am due a rebate of DD payments for both Gas and Electric , we always have to call and ask for it mind you , not in 4 years have they ever given it without us having to `remind `them about it...

Anyway , so they gave a rebate on both when I called this July , we have just had both bills through from July through to October , and I can see that we paid two usual instalments of £40 for Sep 1st and Oct 1st , totalling £80 , the total bill for the period is £41.77 , but because they have `given back `£44.58 , my only payment to them is the £40 , so I am left in debit with them , even though my bill was for £41.77 and I have paid £80 !!

Is it just me, or is this not a loyalty benefit? if I knew I would end up owing them money , I wouldn’t take the rebate , I assumed it was a loyalty benefit , not a refund , where’s the `reward `in that ?!

It’s the same with the Electric on the same bill span, we paid 3 £40 = £120, the bill is for a total of £84.05, yet they only `owe `us £12.08! , because they have taken the £35 rebate off my paid amounts! , in reality, surely, they owe us £47.08?

I just wanted to get others take on it; to me it feels not like a reward bonus for staying with them, rather a penalty!!

Any thoughts welcome?

Cheers

Re: Atlantic taking the mick ?

Where do they get the rebate figures from?

Is it just a refund of any money in credit with them at that time? If so, it's definitely not a loyalty benefit!
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by pixie View Post
      If so, it's definitely not a loyalty benefit!
      ^^ I agree!
      Made by God...Improved by the Devil
      Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

its a one off `no strings ` payment equivilent to an average of the last years monthly DD payments , for each fuel , they decided to just give me back one of my payments , whiche means , the loyalty `bonus` , is my own money !!

Comment

I expect they'll think you'd be happy with that though!!
          Made by God...Improved by the Devil
          Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

I think I'd be looking to be 'loyal' elsewhere!

I suppose you could query it with them as it's hardly a bonus giving you back your own money.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

never mind query , its about time i switched ! i know the big 6 are like supermarkets , ie their goods are all within pennies of each other , but just taking my business elsewhere is better than kep using them

Comment

Originally posted by DGJsaver View Post
                its about time i switched !
                Hi DGJ

If you are going to switch take a look at https://www.ebico.org.uk/ . Ive been with them for 5 years now.

Not always the cheapest, but the fairest pricing for all users, and I like their company ethos.

No connection apart from being a happy customer.

MK
                One day at a time, with £34K of UE debt

LloydsTSB - For the (UE) journey NatWest/RBS Mint - (Un)Helpful banking
                Marbles - they lost 'em - and my CCA, what a shame

Comment

Ebico work in partnership with SSE who happen to own Atlantic....

also , i have no room for ethical energy , just the cheapest i can find , much the same Ethos the big companies have , ie screw everyone else

Comment

Originally posted by DGJsaver View Post
                    never mind query , its about time i switched ! i know the big 6 are like supermarkets , ie their goods are all within pennies of each other , but just taking my business elsewhere is better than kep using them
                    That's why I said that I'd be looking to be loyal elsewhere!

The energy companies aren't interested in their customers - just their profits.

Comment

ethical
                      That word to a Customer means fook all, and is merely a smoke screen and a tool companies use to gain custom.

Look at the Co-op Bank they are one of the biggest users of the word and being an ex customer in a big way and having a 4 yr battle with them to get PPI reclaimed on 9 loans I in no way found them to be ethical.

And yes you are right customer respect and fairness means fook all to any company in any sector and you have to be just as cut throat to get a good deal as they are.

Regards

Comment

I guess a visit to USwitch is called for. I don't know how good they are as I've never used them. I do know that the company I currently use are appalling and all the previous ones I've used are appalling.

They think I'm appalling when I start talking about my money that they have. I can't work out why they think that just because they have my money, they think it's theirs! Trying to extract overpayments to them is a nightmare.

Comment

Working...
                        X